PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Part-time motorsport reporter(s) for Calgary Beacon

Markham
05-09-2010, 05:52 PM
We're looking to hire knowledgeable part-time reporter(s) to cover Calgary motorsports, mostly events out at Race City. The pay's not great, but you'll be paid to do something you're passionate about...plus you'll get to cover motorsport racing from the inside.

Must haves:

- good knowledge of motorsport
- some reporting experience (preferably at a reputable community, weekly or daily newspaper)
- solid writing skills
- some video shooting skill and experience
- own car and valid licence
- computer on which to write stories
- basic Internet skills
- Internet access

Would like to haves:

- be solidly networked into the Calgary motorsport community
- 2-5 years reporting experience
- video editing skill and experience

Email resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Thank you to everyone who replies to this post, but only short-listed applicants will be contacted.

EvolizePhoto
05-09-2010, 06:14 PM
what if im solidly connected do video and spectacular track photo have great writing skill but havent been a reporter before.
ill be connected with both edmonton tracks this summer also

Markham
05-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Willing to train the right applicant.

May I make a suggestion? If you apply for the job, please avoid the spelling and grammatical errors that were in your post. Those will get your resume tossed immediately. Just a tip....

Markham

Originally posted by EvolizePhoto
what if im solidly connected do video and spectacular track photo have great writing skill but havent been a reporter before.
ill be connected with both edmonton tracks this summer also

EvolizePhoto
05-09-2010, 06:24 PM
im trying to type on my phone look past the errors as its the fault of my htc g1, keys are messed up

Markham
05-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Fair enough. Please submit a resume and I'll be happy to consider it. If you have a writing sample you think illustrates your skill and experience, feel free to include it. And since you seem to have photo experience, throw in a few pics as well. Good luck.

Mark

Originally posted by EvolizePhoto
im trying to type on my phone look past the errors as its the fault of my htc g1, keys are messed up