PDA

View Full Version : bought a new digi cam

three33
12-10-2003, 04:03 PM
i just bought a new digital camera and was wondering if anyone can tell me if its a good one or not...heres the specs:
Dual Functionality eliminates the need for a separate Webcam and digital camera
2.1 megapixels for high quality images
Large 1.6" colour screen lets you easily screen photos
2X zoom helps you capture close-up shots
16 MB of built-in memory
Includes self-timer so the photographer can be included in the photos
Includes pouch, hand strap, rechargeable battery, docking station, USB hub, software and 1 year replaceable warranty...
heres a pic of it too....i paid 250 and i dont know if i got ripped off or not....also got a 128meg card for it..any feedback would be nice...thanks

Weapon_R
12-10-2003, 05:25 PM
I think it's a little expensive for what you got. Just a couple of things:

Polaroid isn't the best in that price range. You could have done better with a Sony or Kodak for the same price, maybe less.

2x zoom is weak, especially if its digital zoom (which i'm pretty sure it is). Most better cameras have an optical and digital zoom, inluding ones in the 250-300 range.

Not sure if it came with a 128mb card included for 250, but if not, then it seems even more expensive.

Otherwise, if you are happy with the pics and the quality, keep it. Only you can decide. Personally, with Canon A60s going around 300 and boxing day coming right around the corner, i'd wait for one of those. Superior to other cameras in the same class, sometimes outperforms cameras in higher classes.

Melinda
12-10-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Otherwise, if you are happy with the pics and the quality, keep it. Only you can decide. Personally, with Canon A60s going around 300 and boxing day coming right around the corner, i'd wait for one of those. Superior to other cameras in the same class, sometimes outperforms cameras in higher classes.
:werd:

GTS Jeff
12-10-2003, 07:49 PM
the price u paid sounds fair. take some pics for us!