PDA

View Full Version : $1.3 million condos in new building in Calgary

urban.one
05-10-2010, 10:57 AM
I thought Id post this up as theres discussion on what $1.3million gets you in Dave the tile guy's thread.

These units start at $1.3 million. Im curious what they top out at.

Some pretty cool features and great location (i love Mission).

http://www.themissioncrossing.com/index.php

http://www.themissioncrossing.com/images/contactside.jpg

The Mission Crossing is designed with elegance in mind. Rich sophisticated finishes combine with clean distinctive lines. Natural color palettes including numerous accents and contrasts, beautify the interior living spaces. Striking exterior architecture with extensive use of brick, chocolate-cigar acrylic stucco, black decorative railings and abundant use of large metal-clad windows, all unite, creating lavish homes with stunning sophistication and unparralelled urban beauty.

Heated, secure underground parking with nine fully-enclosed, private two-car garages.
Generous amenity space with each home (private to each individual homeowner).
Main floor entryway with stairs, metal railings and terrace
Cedar-fenced courtyard space with wood louvers, a private outdoor gas fireplace and planter-box
Second floor balcony
Master bedroom (3rd floor) balcony (south homes have two balconies off Master).
Each home has its own private rooftop patio (very large) with perimeter glass railing and stunning city views. Hot-tub packages are also available by request. Wow!
Elegant private elevators, one for each home. Access each of your four levels with convenience and ease. Go from your private garage to the third-floor master bedroom, all from a single touch of a button.
Fully equipped, spacious laundry room including laminate countertops, stainless steel sink and upper/lower cabinets that would rival many typical kitchen spaces

There are six unique plans in the Mission Crossing, offered for sale starting in the $1.3 million range. Explore these unique and exciting homes by selecting any of the floor plan choices indicated on the project map.

Private garage:
http://www.themissioncrossing.com/images/rd/b1.jpg

syeve
05-10-2010, 11:07 AM
I hate places that you enter the front door and immediately have to go upstairs. PITA.

cam_wmh
05-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by syeve
I hate places that you enter the front door and immediately have to go upstairs. PITA.

Elegant private elevators, one for each home. Access each of your four levels with convenience and ease. Go from your private garage to the third-floor master bedroom, all from a single touch of a button.

syeve
05-10-2010, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by cam_wmh

Whaaa? I just looked at the picture. Yah, ok...my like for them has increased.

dezinr
05-10-2010, 11:49 AM
I agree great location and interior finishes. However, overall design and exterior finishing does not warrant a million dollar plus price tag. Just my .02

n1zm0
05-10-2010, 01:29 PM
as crazy as it is, for 1.3 mil i'd rather have a house than a luxury condo, your building is still sandwiched or next to someone, as the statement goes 'you can't choose your neighbors' which can be extremely detrimental to living quality in some cases IMO :guns:

reminds me of these (http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=st+marys+high+school+calgary&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&hl=en&hq=&hnear=St+Mary%27s+High+School,+111+18+Ave+SW,+Calgary,+Division+No.+6,+Alberta+T2S+0B8&ll=51.036968,-114.063063&spn=0.038536,0.076218&z=14&layer=c&cbll=51.036982,-114.063208&panoid=ua_qmvrBSQgTQ4n-80elBQ&cbp=12,6.08,,0,1.96)

max_boost
05-10-2010, 01:57 PM
^^

I definitely don't want to be living across from a high school, well other than checking out the jail bait I suppose. 2EFNFAST would be down for that haha

1.3 million can get you a very nice 2500sq.ft house in the inner-city with triple car garage and yard. I would prefer that.

spiceboy
05-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Similar to the ones in Aspen

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=8469196

These are right on 17Ave, and across the street from the future West LRT end station, and also Westside Rec Centre. It's going to be a busy intersection as the new West Canada High School is being built there, and also the extension of Rundle Colleage in very near future.

Convenience - yes. But I still won't get a 2 mil property sitting at a high traffic intersection.

Redlyne_mr2
05-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Friend of mine just bought a 1.3M house just behind those condos in Aspen. Much better off going with a house for that price IMO.

Phenix
05-10-2010, 03:04 PM
house over a condo for sure. I hate stupid condo boards and being that close to your stupid neighbours

G
05-10-2010, 03:31 PM
These condos started in 2004ish and even now they are semi unfinished. They did the wood frame and it was left sitting unprotected for more than a year. I assumed they had issues during the boom.

Originally posted by spiceboy

These are right on 17Ave, and across the street from the future West LRT end station, and also Westside Rec Centre. It's going to be a busy intersection as the new West Canada High School is being built there, and also the extension of Rundle Colleage in very near future.

Convenience - yes. But I still won't get a 2 mil property sitting at a high traffic intersection.

2.0turbo
05-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Looks like the same stuff built in outlying comunities with upgraded finishing....

A buddy of mine lives in something like that in Copperfield with walk out, cost $280k. 1.3 mil seems a bit over priced to me but I guess its all about location.

bspot
05-10-2010, 04:13 PM
For $1.3 I'd better damned well own my own parcel of land and have control over what I want to do with it.

whiskas
05-10-2010, 04:38 PM
For that price you could also afford the penthouse in a downtown condo.

Graham_A_M
05-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
^^

I definitely don't want to be living across from a high school, well other than checking out the jail bait I suppose. 2EFNFAST would be down for that haha

1.3 million can get you a very nice 2500sq.ft house in the inner-city with triple car garage and yard. I would prefer that.

This. Excellent choice of car for the garage pic. :D

masoncgy
05-10-2010, 05:51 PM
No thanks.... $1.3M would buy a hell of a house on a big piece of land elsewhere... my own little slice of heaven.

No value in those condos for me.

BigMass
05-10-2010, 07:06 PM
1.3 mill…. Hmm… small place somewhere warm on the coast and never work another day in my life. Or a house in Cowtown. Tough choice.

barmanjay
05-10-2010, 10:53 PM
I had no idea they were 1.3m

We walked right passed them during the mothers day run n walk.

I pegged them at 7-800k while walking passed, but i didn't know there was a 2 car garage or a private elevator.

jwslam
05-10-2010, 11:37 PM

I'd rather live at a seniors home with my grandma so i could feel her boobs

dirtsniffer
05-11-2010, 12:17 AM
gah.. is it really a wood structure? for that much money i would hope to never have to worry about the noise myself or my neighbors would make

C_Dave45
05-11-2010, 06:19 AM
Yeah, if I had $1.3 mil to spend it would be on something like this:

http://images.realtor.ca/listing/reb9/medres/3/c3414603_19.jpg?PhotoId=634069531873270000

Only minutes from Calgary, where at the end of the day I could escape the noise and clutter of the city, and sit on my patio enjoying 4.7 acres, triple car garage, workshop/barn, and over 4,000 sq ft of living space.

Condo=condo board, condo fees, neighbours....
*shudder*

TomcoPDR
05-11-2010, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by syeve

The only bright side is that it forces the hoe to come upstairs with you, as sometimes it's awkward to ask her flat out.

max_boost
05-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by jwslam

I'd rather live at a seniors home with my grandma so i could feel her boobs

What the hell is with your sig? 原來愛情那麼難 :rofl:

psycoticclown
05-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by spiceboy

Damn these are expensive!

My uncle is a developer and he was selling this house: http://maps.google.ca/?ie=UTF8&ll=51.06341,-114.104524&spn=0,0.003484&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=51.06341,-114.104524&panoid=Q7BKshHOxr0si8sb2v0QvA&cbp=12,177.88,,0,-6.5
for $2.5 mil during late summer of 2008, got an offer for his price like a few days before he went on vacation but decided he would just wait til he came back 3 weeks later, right around when the recession hit and he couldn't sell it for that. Tried selling it for $2.2 iirc and never got it sold, now he just rents it out. Anyways, that house is over 4200 sq.ft iirc, double garage, waterfall in the front foyer, all really high end appliances (Subzero, etc), counter tops and finishings were really nice, steam room and hot tub in masters bedroom, 300 sq foot walk-in closet and other nice stuff. Good location too, 6 minutes to downtown, 7 minute walk to Lions Park LRT, and West Hills and next to SAIT/ACAD/Jubilee.

That townhouse does not even compare to that house and they want 2 mil?! :nut:

Majestic12
05-12-2010, 12:20 AM
Definitely not worth 1.3. Seems like they jammed as many bells and whistles into the place just so they could list the "features" and jack up the prices.

Mitsu3000gt
05-14-2010, 11:44 AM
I wonder how the sound proofing would be?

If I was spending 1.3mil I'd like to be able to be able to treat it more like a stand alone house rather than always wonder if I am bothering my neighbors.

HuMz
05-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
I wonder how the sound proofing would be?

If I was spending 1.3mil I'd like to be able to be able to treat it more like a stand alone house rather than always wonder if I am bothering my neighbors.

You can bet it would double framed along the common walls along with soundproof drywall and insulation. Price seems way too high though, the condo fees are probably pretty ridiculous as well.

Jim Rome99
05-17-2010, 05:24 PM
These condos are being marketed to the Calgary Flames players.

Crymson
05-17-2010, 05:33 PM
I live accross the street from these. Little pricey for a downtown townhouse. Definately an amazing location though, cool ammenties.

If i could afford it, i'd live there in a second. Not for 1.3 million though, mabey 800k.

For those complaining about being closer to western, i'm actually closer and you never even notice. The only issue is that in the summer time, you often wake up to the sounds of bottles in shopping carts rolling down your alley, but that can be said for most communities near to downtown now.

Tik-Tok
05-17-2010, 05:35 PM

You can do it for less than that. My inner city triple garage 1100sq.ft house is only worth around $425g. Add a second story, and do the place up for less than $200g, and you've got a nice place. for 1/2 that price.

Rooftop patio FTMFW!

Crymson
05-17-2010, 05:39 PM
people tend to loosly define "inner city" these days.

These places are literally a 10-20 minute walk to any office in downtown core WITHOUT having to deal with the trash of living in the beltline. (trust me, being one or two blocks south of 17th makes a HUGE difference in level of degeneracy you have to deal with in your neighbourhood)

You could get something simliar in marda loop or bankview for 30% less, but you're still rocking the bus or driving to work from there -- these seem priced about right for mission/cliff bungalow/lower mount royal.

Tik-Tok
05-17-2010, 05:42 PM
^^^

It's true, but still, with $650,000 left over, you can pay for premium parking, insurance and gas for 550 years, lol.