PDA

View Full Version : FS: Macbook 13" white

Afrodeziak
05-10-2010, 02:23 PM
sold

Afrodeziak
06-02-2010, 09:26 AM
bump. If you have a different price in mind, shoot me a private message. I'm entertaining offers.

Afrodeziak
06-19-2010, 09:12 AM
Want to add, max battery capacity is originally 5020 mAh. Current max charge is 4778mAh. 95% potential.

191 battery charge cycles, which is still pretty low, since I think apple recommends replacement at 1000.

It's plugged in the majority of the time, with the occasional battery use.

Afrodeziak
07-09-2010, 07:06 PM
bump... thing is in minty condition. I just want to upgrade so looking to move this one.

B

PulsePro
07-11-2010, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Afrodeziak
Want to add, max battery capacity is originally 5020 mAh. Current max charge is 4778mAh. 95% potential.

191 battery charge cycles, which is still pretty low, since I think apple recommends replacement at 1000.

It's plugged in the majority of the time, with the occasional battery use.

is the replacement actually at 1000 charge cycles? I thought it only applied to the macbooks with the built in internal batteries.

How long does the battery last?

Afrodeziak
07-11-2010, 08:53 PM
1000 was what I thought I had read.
I'd have to see how long it stays on. 4 hours or so?
It would all depend if the screen is at full brightness/ what programs are running.

I've never noticed any less battery life than when I first got it, therefor I think it's still quite healthy.

B

Afrodeziak
07-12-2010, 11:20 AM
From the apple site re: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1519
"Notes

1. A properly maintained Apple notebook battery is designed to retain up to 80 percent of its original capacity after 300 full charge and discharge cycles.
2. A charge cycle means using all of the battery’s power, but that doesn’t necessarily mean a single charge. For instance, you could use your notebook for an hour or more one day, using half its power, and then recharge it fully. If you did the same thing the next day, it would count as one charge cycle, not two, so you may take several days to complete a cycle."

I just read a review and it would seem that some people have had as many as ~750 charge cycles on these batteries, others average anything from 150-400 or so. I guess it depends how much you actually run the laptop off of the battery. Most of my use is at a desk, plugged in, unless used in the living room or around the house, which is rare, as I have multiple workstations. It would seem that my occasional use is enough to create the "once a month" battery drain to keep it in good condition.

Note: I've also been reading that if the batteries pre-maturely fail, a lot of people have had no problems getting replacements for free from apple stores. ie. if you are over 300 cycles and below 80% there's a decent chance they will hook you up.

**I'll be posting pictures shortly. I know that always helps with a sale.

Afrodeziak
07-17-2010, 03:51 PM
sold