PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Audi S4

LEGiiT
05-10-2010, 07:05 PM
So another topic, since I actually took practicality of a RWD M5/M3 into consideration on the hills of Springbank, I looked at a few other decently fast cars and I came across the Audi S4.

What do you guys think about this? I think it's a beautiful car, my buddy has a newer A4 and loves it. Has anyone experienced problems with Audi's? How is Audi's service?

I'm going to test drive one this weekend, I'll get a S4 premium Ibis White fully loaded with the magma red/black interior leather and carbon fiber trim.

max_boost
05-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Xtrema has a black one. Beautiful cars.

ArjayAquino
05-10-2010, 08:02 PM
DO it, S4s are sickk especially the new ones

InRich
05-10-2010, 10:36 PM
I test drove one earlier this winter, right after a huge snow storm to see how it played in the snow.... it did REALLY well.... really well... but the car was on snow tires...

the 2010s S4's are sold out, unless you want the demo
2011s will be out in Aug, so you cant even enjoy them this year...

another thing that pissed me off, is they come with summer tires only... I mean fuck, we live in canada... I mean seriously? I told em it would be a deal breaker, if they didnt even me all seasons, free. annnnnnnd they wouldnt.

gonna go buy me the x5 M.

Travel_Dude
05-10-2010, 10:45 PM
German cars look and drive great! Too bad they are piles of shit and depreciate like a woman after a honeymoon. :)

atgilchrist
05-11-2010, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by InRich
I test drove one earlier this winter, right after a huge snow storm to see how it played in the snow.... it did REALLY well.... really well... but the car was on snow tires...

the 2010s S4's are sold out, unless you want the demo

another thing that pissed me off, is they come with summer tires only... I mean fuck, we live in canada... I mean seriously? I told em it would be a deal breaker, if they didnt even me all seasons, free. annnnnnnd they wouldnt.

gonna go buy me the x5 M.

Why would you want all-seasons over summers? Go buy some winters.

And the X5M is double the cost of the S4, so that's an interesting cross-shop.

syeve
05-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by InRich

I enjoy my S4 all year round! That's the beauty of them.

colinxx235
05-11-2010, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by syeve

I enjoy my S4 all year round! That's the beauty of them.

I think he was more referring to the fact that they aren't available for another 3-4 months so you miss out the whole summer of fun?

Aleks
05-11-2010, 09:16 AM
I'm pretty sure the X5 M comes with summer tires too? :dunno:

And even if they are all season I doubt the 315s would be all that usefull in snow and ice

I prefer it when cars come with summer tires as then I don't have to buy 2 more set of tires.

benyl
05-11-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by atgilchrist

Why would you want all-seasons over summers? Go buy some winters.

And the X5M is double the cost of the S4, so that's an interesting cross-shop.

Because he doesn't know anything about tires. He doesn't know a RWD car with snow tires will outperform an AWD with All-seasons.

He also doesn't realize the X5M also comes with Summer's only.

I guess he would rather be a douche than drive an Audi over the cost of a set of tires.

colinxx235
05-11-2010, 09:18 AM
^^

Yah thats what I thought too... when me and the father test drove the ML55/63 AMG, X6 5.0i, X5 4.8i with the full trim packages they were mostly 21/22'' rims with thin summer tires.. even the potenza's on the 22'' escalade are rough for winter but they are classified "all season" it just doesn't travel far + it's a heavy ass beast

syeve
05-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by colinxx235

I think he was more referring to the fact that they aren't available for another 3-4 months so you miss out the whole summer of fun?

Ahh...yes, that makes sense.

Also, to put all-seasons on an S4 is sacrilege

Mitsu3000gt
05-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Zero problems with my car so far other than scheduled maintenance, and so far I have only good things to say about Audi's service (Glenmore). Even my previous B5 S4 had no issues other than regular maintenance. Just take care of it and you shouldn't have any problems - it will be under warranty anyways.

911fever
05-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Zero problems with my car so far other than scheduled maintenance, and so far I have only good things to say about Audi's service (Glenmore). Even my previous B5 S4 had no issues other than regular maintenance. Just take care of it and you shouldn't have any problems - it will be under warranty anyways.

B5 S4's are unreliable. My friend had one for about a year and dumped roughly 4k into it per year. I almost bought one but the unreliability scared me away. And it's not even my friend who says they are unreliable, just go to any B5 forum and they all say the same thing. Preventative maintainence is key with these cars - All cars for that matter.

signature7
05-11-2010, 11:58 AM
X5 M only comes with only summers and the winters with the M rims for the X5 won't be free ever. Add the rim protection package and the run flat insurance it'll be a pretty penny. You'll get a free mug, only if you ask nicely.

I like the A4, but if you want Audi or even BMW to your exact liking, waiting is to be expected.

R-Audi
05-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by 911fever

B5 S4's are unreliable. My friend had one for about a year and dumped roughly 4k into it per year. I almost bought one but the unreliability scared me away. And it's not even my friend who says they are unreliable, just go to any B5 forum and they all say the same thing. Preventative maintainence is key with these cars - All cars for that matter.

Then your friend bought a crappy car. Like any other performance sedan, you have to take care of them or they can cost you. Im on my second B5 S4, pushing out over double the HP of a stock one, and have only had to do regular maintenance. Mind you the plugs, coilpacks etc wear out faster, I havent had any major repairs.

dimi
05-11-2010, 12:09 PM
New S4 is a monster. The new engine is 20x better than the V8 it replaces. The interior is sublime. The exterior looks great. Much better car than a 335.

benyl
05-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by signature7
You'll get a free mug, only if you ask nicely.

They don't even give you the flashlight in the glove box anymore!

Mitsu3000gt
05-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by 911fever

Sounds like your friend bought a lemon, or a car that hadn't been cared for properly. Mine performed flawlessly even with modifications, as did many others. Some guys on the Audi forums have over 250,000 KM on their chipped B5 S4's with no problems, and stock turbos running near their limits. All you need to do is maintain it properly, and that goes for any car.