PDA

View Full Version : Terrible service @ Poor Boy Tire

~Touge/Wangan-
05-10-2010, 11:40 PM
i went to poor boy 2 weeks ago and thought i would let you all know about my experience....

i went in wanting to swap my tires over from winter to summers on my subaru, i got there, the rates were good, and i've had good experiences with them before, so i went here obviously again, although this time was way worse....

while they were replacing the tires, they were on the last one and told me that they could not mount my summer tire as replacement for this one winter tire, (note: they swapped the tires for me last fall), they say whomever took the tire off the last time could have damaged it as there was a gouge on the inside of the tire that was "not repairable"

(i worked for kal tire once upon a time, this tire was fine)

they said i need to buy a replacement and that they only had NEW tires, i told the owner that i could not replace just one tire, he then said "i'll check on a set of 4.... moments later he comes to the waiting room and tells me it will cost $1300 and it's the "last set in town", bullshit....

after telling him i didn't want the tires he asked "what do we do now" i said to put the winter tires back on, simply enough, he walked off and yelled at his employees to put the winters back on and expressed how unimpressed he was....

when they were on the last tire (my drivers front), the one "tech" joked and laughed, all i heard was "hey, you should do this to-", and that was the extent i could hear, they crowded around the one tire that was being put on, i couldn't see what they were doing but they put them all on and he said "ok lets clear the bill", we went to the front and he tried charging me for 7 tire change over's coming to a whopping $140, i was confused as to why it was so much when i was understanding that i would owe some in the very least, he they said that i needed to pay them and there was no questioning it....

at this point the waiting room was occupied by.... 5-6 customers, i asked him why he didn't check the tires before they started mounting them, they said that they forgot and mentioned that whomever took them off before damaged the one tire and that it wasn't their fault, right then i TOLD them that THEY were the one's who touched the tires last and all he could say was "oh really?, we didn't check either?, oh well.... the bill is $140"....

at this point i'm getting pissed off because i know this guy is trying to get the best of me, i tell him it's bullshit and i'm not paying, he then says; "you didn't have money for new tires, i dont expect you to have money for this then" and got mouthy infront of everyone there, i got my keys and walked to the back, left, and drove over to my friend's shop, they checked the tire and sure enough, it's fine to put on (as i knew)....

regardless, when i saw my car in the sun i noticed they scratched every single rim and that my one winter tire (drivers front) now has a nice buldge in the side, i was NOT impressed and didn't go back because my car was just being taken into the shop to have the tires put on a second time....

not impressed with the service i got with the shop, and will NOT recommend them to ANYONE, the guy at the front, lanky with glasses is a fucking mouthy moron who should watch who he lips off, because the next person may not have been as calm as i was on this day....

anyways, wanted to share the story with you guys, hoping that you avoid this shop like a plague, i plan on filing a formal complaint with the better business bureau, i'm not expecting to have anything drastic happen, but in the very least, have a nice negetive review on file with them....

InRich
05-11-2010, 12:10 AM
wowzers.... handled it well, friend. I dunno what I woulda done if they actually started damaging my property on purpose...

Ukyo8
05-11-2010, 12:21 AM
What a fucking joke... how do these people stay in business..

btimbit
05-11-2010, 01:28 AM
You handled that a lot better than I would have. Won't be going there, that's for sure. Sorry to hear about your experience, taking a good route.

Have you tried contacting the owner? I'm sure he wouldn't be too please to hear this. That or he's just as big of a douche as the rest of those clowns

2Valve0
05-11-2010, 01:34 AM
If I saw my property damaged I would go nutso....
You def. handled that well sir :thumbsup: very professional. Call and ask to speak to the owner and explain what they did to your tires, and get your buddy to write a letter saying the tires were perfectly fine. Maybe the owner can do something for you.

~Touge/Wangan-
05-11-2010, 11:08 AM
if i recall properly, the guy at the front desk was the owner, but i'm not completely sure....

Sorath
05-11-2010, 11:27 AM
once again anthony, you pay for what you get

Tik-Tok
05-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Sorath
once again anthony, you pay for what you get

Really? Because Tirebob/UrbanX has the same rates, and they have top notch service.

OG*crxboi
05-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Its running so rich you can smell the carbon !

Tomaz
05-11-2010, 04:06 PM
That sucks man.

I have never liked that place.

Bizzareo
05-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Might as well get new rims for the summer, and keep your current rims with the winters..

Can't you do something about this legally? They did purposefully damage your property..

btimbit
05-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Bizzareo
Might as well get new rims for the summer, and keep your current rims with the winters..

Can't you do something about this legally? They did purposefully damage your property..

I'm sure that's at least Vandalism or something

Lorne@UrbanX
05-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Really? Because Tirebob/UrbanX has the same rates, and they have top notch service.
:thumbsup:

Sugarphreak
05-11-2010, 05:20 PM

TomcoPDR
05-11-2010, 10:29 PM
So in the end did the shop force you to pay the $140? (I read it twice, didn't say anything how you were able to pull ur ride out without paying)

Jetta-2.0
05-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Wow that is BS, looks like they are trying to earn themselves a couple of extra bucks at your expense... you didn't play along so they damaged your rims and tires.

Total crap... I'd take them to small claims court, with your receipts showing they have done all the work on your car tires before and after and prior job experience a judge should easily see through any story those idiots can come up with.

This 1000X

I have bought 4 sets of rims and around 24 new tires from Bob over the years... I have had him mount tires for pretty much everyone in my faimily and nearly ever freind I know with zero bad experiences.

I only ever had one issue which was an offset problem, Bob exchanged the rims for me a week later for ones that had a better offset free of charge.

Seriously, I don't know why people risk going anywhere else.

address of shop plz ty pm me it if you can ty

shakalaka
05-12-2010, 12:05 AM
^

Urban Expressions Wheels and Tires.
#6 1303 44th Avenue NE, T2E 6L5
Ph: (403)769-1771
Toll Free: 1-888-769-1772
email: [email protected]
Business Hours: Mon.-Fri. 9am 5pm.
Weekends and Holidays:CLOSED

Jetta-2.0
05-12-2010, 12:12 AM
TY!!! anyways im ging to bed lol

~Touge/Wangan-
05-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
So in the end did the shop force you to pay the $140? (I read it twice, didn't say anything how you were able to pull ur ride out without paying)
he gave me my keys and i left without saying another word, i was not going to pay the $140 regardless....

especially after seeing my rims afterwards and buldge in the tire.... i should have gone back....

Venious
05-12-2010, 10:16 AM
Holy, that's stupidity at its best. If they scuffed my rims I'd go ape shit. *adds them to the black list* thanks for the heads up!

Clever
05-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Wow I just booked to get some tires mounted there for next week, I'm calling to cancel, thanks for the heads up.

FivE.SeveN
05-12-2010, 10:45 AM
^^ In this case I would say specifically that it's because his garbage shop's bad rep is all over the forums now.

Cause -> Effect, but if he doesn't know why he's losing business (Or that it's happening at all).....

corsvette
05-12-2010, 10:59 AM
I would think by now his rep would be garbage,they dont really treat their customers very well at all,kinda a group of grouchy/rude guys.

Weapon_R
05-13-2010, 01:17 AM
Horrible place and rude assholes that work there. Go anywhere else

Nels
05-13-2010, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by ~Touge/Wangan-
if i recall properly, the guy at the front desk was the owner, but i'm not completely sure....

What kind've owner is that.... :facepalm:

KandabashiDevil
05-13-2010, 09:32 AM
How can you expect anything different from that shop

freshprince1
05-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the heads-up. With so much competition in an industry I'm utterly confused that some people treat their clients with such disrespect. I will definately never use these guys.

5.0LitreBeater
05-13-2010, 10:51 PM
im going to go in there with my loose spare tire with a nail in it i got this winter then rag on them out for fucking people over like that. ditch the tire then storm out

signature7
05-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Some digging around on Poorboy tires.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=112639

and

LeeAnne J.

Airdrie, AB
1 star rating
12/18/2009

A little over a week before Christmas and my tires go, on a vehicle I am planning to unload in less than a year. I do a little research on used tires and find Poorboy Tire. I call and ask if they have the size of tire I need. I am told they have the tires I need, in stock, I don't need an appointment, $45 mounted and rotated. I drive from Airdrie to Calgary, walk in, the man behind the counter takes one look at me and says, What do you want? I tell him what I want, he says, no, don't have it. I said, I phoned yesterday, I was told you had these tires in stock. Well, I just got a shipment, it is going to take me at least a week to get through it, and besides, I am busy today. So you can't help me at all, I say? No, I can't. I leave, send my husband in the next day, Yes, sir, we have those tires, my husband leaves the store with the tires. He charges my husband $45 for just the tires, no mounting or balancing. Apparently you have to have dangly genitals to shop at Poorboy, and what you are told on the phone has absolutely no bearing on what will happen when you get there.

I am glad we have Bob at Urban Expressions. :D

CelicaST-162
05-13-2010, 11:01 PM
I was in there a few weeks ago, and had asked for a quote on some tires. I asked for a couple of brands but the only answers to only come out of him were " Nope, can't get them, Nope, they're discontinued... Give me a break! These are all reputable tires and are new on the market! As soon as he gives me that schpeel, he cuts me off and talks to someone else. I will never recommend anyone to Poor Boy tire ever.

WhippWhapp
05-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Well I know who I won't ever be calling for anything tire related... ever!

Threads like this are great, keep em comin.