PDA

View Full Version : Talked about getting raped in the a$$

2EFNFAST
05-11-2010, 12:33 AM
Currently insured with Aviva. No at-fault accidents or tickets since I started driving. Grid level increased by one this year over last year.

Got my insurance premiums in today and they increased by 21%. All cars across the board (average increase was 17 to 25% per vehicle) ... W-T-F ... time to find a new insurer :whipped: :whipped: :whipped:

dsr7723
05-11-2010, 12:37 AM
State Farm, dude... Trust me. Jennifer Noble in Valley Ridge. :thumbsup: You won't regret it.

2EFNFAST
05-11-2010, 12:38 AM
SF doesn't have a talking lizard though ... can I trust them :o

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Im with TD and my insurance dropped from $2016 to $1800ish this year.

BlackArcher101
05-11-2010, 12:48 AM
What was their explanation for your grid level changing?

Shlade
05-11-2010, 12:54 AM
Could having a SVT cobra, Corvette, Cobra kit car have something to do with this?

You dont exactly have slow cars you know.. Good driver or not, They probably think your a liability with all those rides.

2EFNFAST
05-11-2010, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101
What was their explanation for your grid level changing?

Grid level improves by 1 every year if you don't have any accidents or tickets, doesn't it? Actually, thinking about it, I have no idea how the grid level works :confused:

Originally posted by Shlade
Could having a SVT cobra, Corvette, Cobra kit car have something to do with this?

You dont exactly have slow cars you know.. Good driver or not, They probably think your a liability with all those rides.

That's profiling. I'ma sue them :whipped:

v2kai
05-11-2010, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

Grid level improves by 1 every year if you don't have any accidents or tickets, doesn't it? Actually, thinking about it, I have no idea how the grid level works :confused:

they caught wind of your d-bagging thread taking the shoulders ;) but srsly that's a crazy hike and with the record you stated. damn time for new insurance is right

dsr7723
05-11-2010, 07:38 AM

:rolleyes:

ercchry
05-11-2010, 07:46 AM
you probably are not on the grid system since you are old balls... and pm maskedbandit he will make everything better for you

G
05-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Insurance companies are a joke. I have no tickets, no accidents and the highest rating but every year they increase my premiums by about 10%. So every year I call asking why. They make me wait on the phone while the "crunch" the numbers. In the end they always lower my premiums back to what it was the year before. Like wtf, they do this to everyone and if half don't call to complain they are still ahead....idiots for sure.

Unknown303
05-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by ercchry
you probably are not on the grid system since you are old balls... and pm maskedbandit he will make everything better for you :rofl: :rofl: Old Balls

Kennyredline
05-11-2010, 09:48 AM
My insurance company tried that with me last year (Allstate). My rates were gonna go up by $20 a month. I called them, and was told that my type of car was involved in a lot more "incidents" therefore claims, so my rates were going up. I said I kind of understood, but there has to be enough bad drivers on the road that actually deserve the increase I was facing. I asked them to review my policy, and my record, which was clean; no claims at all, and they reduced my rates by $300 a year, from the original amount I was paying BEFORE the increase. I stayed with Allstate.:thumbsup:

2EFNFAST
05-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Kennyredline
My insurance company tried that with me last year (Allstate). My rates were gonna go up by $20 a month. I called them, and was told that my type of car was involved in a lot more "incidents" therefore claims, so my rates were going up. I said I kind of understood, but there has to be enough bad drivers on the road that actually deserve the increase I was facing. I asked them to review my policy, and my record, which was clean; no claims at all, and they reduced my rates by $300 a year, from the original amount I was paying BEFORE the increase. I stayed with Allstate.:thumbsup:

I wonder why that tactic worked ... I mean, the actuaries determine the risk factors, so why would asking for a policy review cange anything, unless they made a mistake. *ponders*

arian_ma
05-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Because they're insurance companies, and they like to fuck you.

03ozwhip
05-11-2010, 12:47 PM

i did the same thing, but it didnt work. needless to say i went with maskedbandit and he made everything better! 2EFN, pm MB i think youll be alright with his company.

2EFNFAST
05-11-2010, 12:56 PM
PM'd MB; i'll see what he says.

bignerd
05-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Use to be Allstate, went with a broker who put us with Intact (use to be ING I think?) saved $1500 a year. Plus the broker can insure everything for us, Allstate would not do motorcycles.

banned3x
05-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Maybe they saw your YouTube videos?:dunno:

My insurance went up and I called to ask why and they did a drivers abstract. Like WTF I didn't know they can do that without my permission or consent

Mitsu3000gt
05-11-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm with TD and couldn't be happier, my insurance seems to go down all the time.

tom_9109
05-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
I'm with TD and couldn't be happier, my insurance seems to go down all the time.

They make 14 year olds pay part of your premium.:rofl:

project240
05-11-2010, 02:55 PM

I'm w/ RBC. My rates just went down $2.50/month... :dunno:

Mitsu3000gt
05-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by tom_9109

They make 14 year olds pay part of your premium.:rofl:

Haha what? how is that?

Also they have accident forgiveness which is a nice perk.

tom_9109
05-11-2010, 03:06 PM

Haha what? how is that?

Also they have accident forgiveness which is a nice perk.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/302802/insurance-companies-sues-14-year-old-babysitter-after-saving-children-in-fire/

97luder
05-11-2010, 03:07 PM
you just need to know how to get around the system , i am with aviva as well i am a male under 25 and my insurance less than $500 a year , and i do have 1 ticket on my record,

mind you this is PLPD not full coverage but still pretty damn good being under 25

rc2002
05-11-2010, 04:36 PM
I was with PC insurance last year and they switched to Aviva as the new underwriter this year. Aviva wanted an additional 40% so I took my business elsewhere and got my previous rate.

Maybe the grid rating drop is because your insurance company logged onto beyond and read this thread: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=299855&perpage=40&highlight=&pagenumber=1

:D

Now, to be fair, sometimes I deserve it - like yesterday I came plowing down the right-most lane in my corvette, 2nd gear, banging off 5000RPM as everybody else was stopped, drove all the way to the underpass; nobody wanted to let me in so I proceeded to drive on the shoulder, rev up to 6600RPM to startle traffic and force my way in well after the underpass. (so basically i was driving on the shoulder pretty much from where the off-ramp ends all the way to where traffic begins to merge off southland

tom_9109
05-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by 97luder
you just need to know how to get around the system , i am with aviva as well i am a male under 25 and my insurance less than $500 a year , and i do have 1 ticket on my record,

mind you this is PLPD not full coverage but still pretty damn good being under 25

Not really sure how only having PLPD is getting around the system:dunno:

Zewind
05-11-2010, 04:50 PM
With MB and myself here, I wonder why we dont get more PM's trying to help people out with their issues.

94boosted
05-11-2010, 04:55 PM
TD Meloche Monnex is the way to go if you can get in.

My rates are significantly cheaper than eny other insurance company could offer including TD and they just went down :D

thepyrofish
05-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by 94boosted
TD Meloche Monnex is the way to go if you can get in.

My rates are significantly cheaper than eny other insurance company could offer including TD and they just went down :D

We get a group rate with TD MM where I work. I got a quote from them and for our 3 vehicles and our renters policy it works out to be almost identical to what we pay now (State Farm for my 2 cars and the rental, AMA for girlfriends car).

2EFNFAST
05-11-2010, 05:38 PM
State farm, TD, all-state were anywhere from 5 to 20% higher than I'm currently paying :cry:

Waiting on MB - all in all my rates arn't too bad (for 6cars I'm paying a total of 4800/yr, I'm just pissed my rates keep going up and up for no reason other than "general rate increases across the board")

Kennyredline
05-12-2010, 09:40 AM

I wonder why that tactic worked ... I mean, the actuaries determine the risk factors, so why would asking for a policy review change anything, unless they made a mistake. *ponders*
Well, I did call around and got lower quotes, and I told Allstate that. I get it about how they determine rates, but AT LEAST my rates should have stayed the same, not gone up with no claims.

tom_9109
05-12-2010, 09:44 AM

Well, I did call around and got lower quotes, and I told Allstate that. I get it about how they determine rates, but AT LEAST my rates should have stayed the same, not gone up with no claims.

underwriting is like black voodoo magic. just like a credit beacon score. We all think we get it but its some complex shit.

Supa Dexta
05-12-2010, 09:46 AM
I just had 2 brokers quote me thru the same company..

At first there was a 50$ difference, and then they called back to say they made a mistake, and were 150$ more then the other, and 200 more then their original quote.. :nut: Same coverage thru the same provider..

inline6turbo
05-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Edit

Godfuader
05-12-2010, 10:22 AM
I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to GEICO!...seriously. Not sure if Geico is in Canada yet, but right now we pay $83/month to insure an '04 Rav4 in New York City...which is astounding! Comprehensive coverage for two drivers including one fender bender and a new driver (I don't have a driving abstract in the US) That little bugger was right :rofl:

bituerbo
05-12-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm with State Farm. I just turned 25 this month.

Audi went for 280 -> 102
Bike went from 90 ->60
neon stayed the same @40, since I only have plpd on this.

anhsicun
05-12-2010, 09:47 PM
im with aviva , they were the cheapest company to get insurance when i was shopping around 4 years ago. i had full coverage ( rims, bodykit, stereo system included ) on my 01 prelude and it was 240 / month with 2 speeding ticket on my driver abstract . now on my new car with clean driving abstract i pay 185 / month and for PLPD it be 120 /month. since mine was up for renewal i called around for quotes and every where seem to be in the same.

RiceMonkey
05-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by dsr7723
State Farm, dude... Trust me. Jennifer Noble in Valley Ridge. :thumbsup: You won't regret it.

2007 Nissan Altima SL
StateFarm 265/Month
Blue Circle 108/Month
Both Full Cover
My 06 R1
StateFarm 70 Basic
Blue Circle 70 Full
What Do You think?

DeeK
05-13-2010, 12:52 AM
Up until a week ago when I was forced to swap over to BC insurance finally, I was with a company called Economical Insurance through Roger's insurance brokerage. 10 years driving, no at fault claims. I was paying $79/month for my 93 VW Corrado with all coverage except collision.

Boostzilla
05-14-2010, 12:39 PM
I was with state farm and let me tell you that was the worst experience I have ever had! I wouldn't wish them upon my worst enemy.

dsr7723
05-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Boostzilla
I was with state farm and let me tell you that was the worst experience I have ever had! I wouldn't wish them upon my worst enemy.

Wow... which branch, and who did you deal with? Because I feel 100% opposite about State Farm... please do tell!

Zewind
05-15-2010, 09:58 AM
State Farm offices are all owned locally by one or more of the brokers (well most of them).

Dont paint them all with the same brush. :)