PDA

View Full Version : Work Anniversary gift

KISS_ME
05-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Just curious to know what you guys get for your anniversary gift at work. Today marks my five year anniversary at work and i got a few things to choose from - things range from junk to garbage so i picked up a coffee maker.

i remember my friend telling me her eng firm gives out Rolex's for 10 year service, in which case im in the wrong business.

Sapo
05-11-2010, 09:49 AM
Here is what I got from company claiming to be in top 3 in Alberta:

-5 yrs. TY letter in my mailbox
-10 yrs. $200 gift certificate

Nufy
05-11-2010, 10:12 AM
I had my name mentioned at the Christmas party.......

I no longer work there.............

HondaKid
05-11-2010, 10:36 AM
This is why employees steal, grab a laptop on the way out on Friday. I know of a worker who took more than one over her years working at Sony. She had three brand new ones last time I spoke to her.

They ought to thank you for not going postal on the management and crap fellow workers, while they are giving you a sub $100 gift.

rage2
05-11-2010, 10:52 AM
I got a Tag Heuer Mercedes Benz SLR Calibre S Laptimer watch for my 10 year.

http://www.guiasibarita.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/tag-heuer-slr-laptimer-watch.jpg

Very fitting for a time tracking company haha.

Other 10 year gifts given out...

- All expense paid trip to Australia for 2
- All expense paid trip to Toronto Film Festival for 2
- All expense paid trip to Maui for entire family.

There were a few more, don't remember 'em off hand right now.

Here's a article about the company talking about the 10 year gifts. We always rank in the top 10 in Calgary and top 50 in Canada for Best place to work.

http://www.avenuecalgary.com/articles/page/item/replicon

KISS_ME
05-11-2010, 11:04 AM
:eek: holy crap. unreal. are those rewards mentioned only for execs or for everyone? i gotta find myself a better job, i need to land something in the O&G sector.

rage2
05-11-2010, 11:29 AM
The gifts are pretty personalized, and for ANYONE that's been here for 10 years.

They found out I wanted that watch because I love the McLaren SLR, and got it for me before I bought it. I'm a director at the company.

The Australia trip was for a Sr developer. Apparently, his dream is to pet tigers, company found out, trip to Australia to pet tigers with his wife.

Maui trip for the entire family was for a developer.

Toronto Film Festival trip was for a director who's a huge fan of Oprah. She was at the film festival, and got to go to one of the parties with celebs there.

Oh ya, it's a big party for each celebration too. Some of my co-workers took me out for lunch to distract me from the preparations (I had no clue). I got back for a meeting, and the whole company was there. Then they brought in my parents to surprise me as well. Slideshow was played with pics from my childhood that my parents gave them all the way to pics of me just starting at the company. Then came the speeches, which became a roast. It's pretty much a tradition now that you get roasted at 10 years. It's all very well planned.

Really cool stuff.

dkmlam
05-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by rage2

The Australia trip was for a Sr developer. Apparently, his dream is to pet tigers, company found out, trip to Australia to pet tigers with his wife.

:rofl:

redec
05-11-2010, 11:41 AM
The "petting a tiger" thing was a misunderstanding....I was actually talking about beating off, and the HR chick took it literally...but hey I got a trip to australia out of it :P

adidas
05-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Why did i even look at this thread, now i feel like a bum. lol

KISS_ME
05-11-2010, 12:06 PM
WOAHH!! Replicon has an IT position open. time to brush up resume and apply.

88CRX
05-11-2010, 12:08 PM
A mention in the company weekly email newsletter and a kick in the ass maybe?

Speed_69
05-11-2010, 12:13 PM
We have two options. Either as:
1) Lump sum award as a taxable bonus or
2) Gift card to somewhere

2 Year - $50
5 Year - $100
10 Year - $200
15 Year - $300
20 Year - $400
25 Year - $625
30 Year - $900
35 Year - $1050
40 Year - $1200

rage2
05-11-2010, 01:12 PM
I feel sorry for some of you guys. My profit share for a month is more than double what you guys get for working 40 years. :rofl:

colinxx235
05-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Yah ouch... speed_69 anniversary gifts are going down in terms of $/year, curious what company that is... 1200 for 40 years?

Speed_69
05-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by colinxx235
Yah ouch... speed_69 anniversary gifts are going down in terms of $/year, curious what company that is... 1200 for 40 years?
Yup it's pretty sad. Not sure how this is suppose to encourage employee retention. You also get a retirement gift though as well depending how long you've been with the company.

G
05-12-2010, 09:22 AM
This is a lot easier to do with such a small staff but its a whole different situation when you have 1400 employees.

Originally posted by rage2
The gifts are pretty personalized, and for ANYONE that's been here for 10 years.

They found out I wanted that watch because I love the McLaren SLR, and got it for me before I bought it. I'm a director at the company.

Maui trip for the entire family was for a developer.

Toronto Film Festival trip was for a director who's a huge fan of Oprah. She was at the film festival, and got to go to one of the parties with celebs there.

Oh ya, it's a big party for each celebration too. Some of my co-workers took me out for lunch to distract me from the preparations (I had no clue). I got back for a meeting, and the whole company was there. Then they brought in my parents to surprise me as well. Slideshow was played with pics from my childhood that my parents gave them all the way to pics of me just starting at the company. Then came the speeches, which became a roast. It's pretty much a tradition now that you get roasted at 10 years. It's all very well planned.

Really cool stuff.

frozenrice
05-12-2010, 03:24 PM
For a 5 year gift, my old employer gave out an all expenses paid weekend at the Banff Springs including a spa package for two. I got two of these because I quit for a year and came back. If I hadn't quit, and made the 10 years in one shot, it would have been a travel voucher to anywhere in the world or a watch of some sort.

With my current employer, I got a plaque and a $200 gift Mastercard certificate. A lady got a $500 gift certificate to a jewlery store for 20 years :facepalm:

Hamann
05-13-2010, 12:28 AM
More importantly, Replicon believes in its employees. “The company gives you a chance to shine,” says Michelle Kempenich, a corporate trainer who has worked in four different departments at Replicon over the past nine years.

Replicon is filled with stories like that. Maggie Deptuck, the director of sales, started as a receptionist

Hahaha I remember Michelle, Maggie Aswell.

Maggie was awesome, Hands down one of the greatest managers I ever had.

Michelle trained me way back when I took a job with them, Only reason I left was because she changed position's in the company and they replaced her with some faggot who's name I can't remember. Guy was a tool :facepalm:

civic_ek4
05-13-2010, 01:23 AM
back then for every 5 years you would get an extra month pay and a day of holiday but this policy no longer exist

I can see smaller companies having better perks like these where everyone is closer but then this is based on management style.

The_Rural_Juror
05-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Director of HR position open at Replicon. Hire me. I can tell if the fuckers are lying.

http://www.the-medium-is-not-enough.com/images/LieToMe.jpg

KKY
05-13-2010, 10:33 AM
I tried getting into Replicon. They have one of the most thorough interview processes I've experienced. And after 2 phone interviews, 1 fairly comprehensive application form, 1 written skill test, 1 multiple choice aptitude test, 1 in-person interview with 2 HR managers and the hiring manager, I got rejected. :(