PDA

View Full Version : Is the Mini Cooper S a girls / gay car?

911fever
05-11-2010, 10:55 AM
http://www.trcmotorsinc.com/images/DSC00922.jpg
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00256/F_200705_May18motor_256232a.jpg

Is this a girly car? Do only gay men drive it?
I've always thought the Mini Cooper (even the S), is for feminine men. I don't want or like them AT ALL, but I'm curious as to your opinions of it. Also, my gf wants one :rofl:
Plus its overrated expensive.

Idratherbsidewayz
05-11-2010, 10:58 AM
With the right wheels, stripes, and color I think it can look pretty manly.

colinxx235
05-11-2010, 10:59 AM
99% of the time I see them driven by women, my gf also wants one because they are "so cute"...

Nismorphed
The Italian Job didnt make it look too girly. I think they would be a fun car to drive. Stereotypes these days......

911fever
Originally posted by colinxx235
99% of the time I see them driven by women, my gf also wants one because they are "so cute"...

lawl so does my gf haha she says the same thing

03ozwhip
05-11-2010, 11:01 AM
id rock one. girls think theyre cute...thats a good thing. like said above, right color/wheels combo and its a killer little ride.

Cos
05-11-2010, 11:03 AM
JCW Mini's are sick. As long as you dont get it in bright yellow or some stupid shit I think they are wicked cars.

http://wallpaper-world.co.cc/wallpapers/automotive/Mini-Cooper-S-John-Cooper-Works-Kit-2008-1-1024x768.jpg

Dilmah
05-11-2010, 11:05 AM
It’s your own insecurity that makes things one gender only. It has nothing to do with you being a man or not. But rather how insecure you are as a person...

taemo
05-11-2010, 11:32 AM
i'd rock a mini type-s if were given to me for free.

can't top off the old school mini though for sure
http://www.pinoymini.com/s_mini-cooper.jpg

Cos
05-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by taemo

can't top off the old school mini though for sure
http://www.pinoymini.com/s_mini-cooper.jpg

In europe they made those up until 2004 I think. A guy I worked with had an 02 from Holland and it had fuel injection, airbag, abs, etc. and it looked almost exactly like that one.

heavyD
05-11-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Dilmah
It’s your own insecurity that makes things one gender only. It has nothing to do with you being a man or not. But rather how insecure you are as a person...

I don't know about that. The car doesn't appeal to me at all so I can't say if I would own one or not. However everytime I pull up to one I'm always curious to see who's driving and 70% it's a woman and the other 30% it's by the preppy looking type of guy that probably gets his nails done and his hair cut in a beauty salon.

Sugarphreak
05-11-2010, 12:11 PM

Tik-Tok
05-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by taemo

That's what I always say when I buy Cash&Cars lotto tickets, or other such lotteries. I wouldn't buy one for myself, but I'd definitely keep it, if it was free.

D'z Nutz
05-11-2010, 12:27 PM
I'd definitely rock one. I took one out for a test drive a few months ago and they're a fucking blast to drive around. I can only imagine what the 4 wheel drive model will handle like.

I could really care less what people think about me, especially those who I'll never meet.

Orbie
05-11-2010, 12:29 PM
I would definitely say it's more appealing to girls. The current generation although only slightly different is much better looking than the last IMHO, something to do with how they styled the front end. My wife has a Cooper S so I drive it from time to time and it's a blast. Handles like a go-kart, probably one of the best handling FWD cars out there. If you can get past the cutsy looks, it's actually a great performing car, made my previous G35 and G37 coupes feel like boats in comparison. Great interior room and utility for a car that size (it's actually our utility car as I'm not as good with practicaility in my own cars), plus the thing gets insane fuel economy as well doesn't seem to care if your boosting or not. I wouldn't buy one for myself need something with more grunt, but I don't think it deserves the girl car image it has.

btimbit
05-11-2010, 12:33 PM
It's a great little car, even if it is overpriced. I wouldn't say it's a girly car, it just appeals to girls more because it's small. The Cooper S is a blast to drive.

Bizzareo
05-11-2010, 01:08 PM
They are great cars, very well designed, good on gas, and when the new models come out 4wd will be insane.

KandabashiDevil
05-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Can't remember ... was the Mini Cooper interior designed by RuPaul or Boy George? :dunno:

max_boost
05-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Dilmah
It’s your own insecurity that makes things one gender only. It has nothing to do with you being a man or not. But rather how insecure you are as a person... :werd:

Almost any small car is considered a gay guy's or girl's car. :dunno:

redevil
05-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Drive one first, then you will see. It can be pink for all I care, still be a fun car to drive. If your gf gets one (Cooper S or JCW) you will be the one that will want to always drive it.

BerserkerCatSplat
05-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Slightly girly styling inside & out, but there's nothing girly about the way the JCW version drives, it's quite fun. I wouldn't buy one, though, the interior drives me nuts.

bspot
05-11-2010, 01:59 PM
^Exactly why I wouldn't consider one. That interior is so cheese.

Cos
05-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by bspot
^Exactly why I wouldn't consider one. That interior is so cheese.

Actually that is true. Every one I have driven the spedo drives me insane and the odd button placement. It is OKAY with the Nav as it puts the Spedo in a normal place.

If you can get over the interior the performance is retarded. I took a S out of crowfoot once and went down john laurie. We kept doing that clover leaf at Sarcee and Crowchild for probably 25 of the 30 minute test drive going harder and harder.

FiveFreshFish
05-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by 911fever
I've always thought the Mini Cooper (even the S), is for feminine men. Also, my gf wants one :rofl:

Yes or No?

Buy one. Just make sure your other cars compensate for it. ;)

HondaKid
05-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Does this look like a chick's car?:

http://gandini.unm.edu/PGpages/Interests/autos.htm

speedog
05-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by HondaKid
Does this look like a chick's car?:

http://gandini.unm.edu/PGpages/Interests/autos.htm OMG - it has a GTT oil cap. That alone should scare away all the VTEC Hondas and such.

Aleks
05-11-2010, 08:55 PM
You're manly only if you drive something like this. Everything else is gay.

http://i39.tinypic.com/j8jtko.jpg

BigMass
05-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Woman’s car, gay car, manly car. Why stop there? That’s so passé. Lets do “black car, white car, Asian car, brown car, Hispanic car”. What other crap can we use to define cars? The manufacturers should have this stuff listed on their spec sheet so as manly white male I don’t get confused next time I go car shopping.

Canmorite
05-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Girl I know drives a red one (Non S version), because it's so 'cute'. I think they're pretty girly, but I've seen some nicely tuned ones!

911fever
05-11-2010, 09:44 PM
thanks for the votes, folks. Should be enough to convince gf that it's reasonable :rofl:

Graham_A_M
05-11-2010, 09:51 PM
I think its fine to either guys OR girls.

THey turn on a dime and are a blast to drive, so why not?

Who gives a fuck what some random stranger things about it/you. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Aleks
You're manly only if you drive something like this. Everything else is gay.

http://i39.tinypic.com/j8jtko.jpg

Shucks, I guess Im gay for not living in a trailer park, drinking Coors light, fucking my sister and sporting a mullet. :dunno:
Dammit. Dammit all to hell. :thumbsdow

ReasonOne
05-11-2010, 09:55 PM
I used to own a '69 Mini and it was an amazing little car. No matter what you did to it, it took the abuse. And that fucking thing cornered like it was on god damned rails! An excellent rally car.

As for the new one? Not interested. It's strayed too far from its origins to be of interest to me.

My wife isn't even interested in such a vehicle - and she's 1/2 Brit. She believes the current variant is an insult to its predecessors. So no worries of her coming home with one, although she told me she wouldn't say no if she found an older one at the right price... :burnout:

Jlude
05-11-2010, 09:56 PM
I've been visiting with a friend for the past few days, he's got a 09 Mini Cooper S - He loves it, but he bought it for his wife. :rofl:

slinkie
05-11-2010, 09:59 PM
yeah but so are integras :dunno:

94boosted
05-11-2010, 10:19 PM
This one sure as shit isn't gay:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j174/94boosted/new.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j174/94boosted/m4.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j174/94boosted/7338small_top_open.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j174/94boosted/m31.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j174/94boosted/7338small_tsm.jpg

tawheed
05-11-2010, 10:38 PM
I like the limited GP edition

http://cdn-www.rsportscars.com/images/mini/2006-mini-cooper-s-jc-works-gp/coopersgp06_041600_w800.jpg

Godfuader
05-11-2010, 11:49 PM
They are like a super charged go carts for the street. One of the most fun cars to rip around in. If I stick around in NYC past next summer, am picking one up for sure. Perfect size to navigate the city, Italian Job style, and of course great for parking anywhere.

gpomp
05-11-2010, 11:51 PM
i would probably already have one if they didn't cost $45k

911fever
05-12-2010, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by gpomp
i would probably already have one if they didn't cost $45k

Mini S's have an MSRP of $29, 900 LOL $33k with convenience package, leather, etc

gpomp
05-12-2010, 12:13 AM

Mini S's have an MSRP of $29, 900 LOL $33k with convenience package, leather, etc JCW is 36.5 plus 1700 for freight, 1900 for leather seats, and 1800 for comfort package. add on dealer fees and tax and you're at 45k.

Dilmah
05-12-2010, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

I don't know about that. The car doesn't appeal to me at all so I can't say if I would own one or not. However everytime I pull up to one I'm always curious to see who's driving and 70% it's a woman and the other 30% it's by the preppy looking type of guy that probably gets his nails done and his hair cut in a beauty salon.

If you don't like something because it doesn't appeal to you is fine, that doesn't make it gay... Take Scat19, 20, 21, 22 or 23 just because he likes guys... Oh wait! maybe you got a point...

wrcftw
05-12-2010, 11:50 AM
:facepalm:

I strongly dislike most guys for the exact reason this thread was created.

That said, any self-respecting car enthusiast should enjoy the mini for its badge! If Clarkson is ok with it, I'm ok with it! It's on the cool wall isn't it?

wrcftw
05-12-2010, 11:50 AM

btimbit
05-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by wrcftw
:facepalm:

I strongly dislike most guys for the exact reason this thread was created.

That said, any self-respecting car enthusiast should enjoy the mini for its badge! If Clarkson is ok with it, I'm ok with it! It's on the cool wall isn't it?

Yeah, but it's down on Uncool now :burnout:

Hakkola
05-12-2010, 01:36 PM
I saw a mini yesterday that kind of looked like a mini Aston Martin.

I wouldn't drive a mini.

stealth1313
05-12-2010, 01:48 PM
http://www.trcmotorsinc.com/images/DSC00922.jpg
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00256/F_200705_May18motor_256232a.jpg

I've always thought the Mini Cooper (even the S), is for feminine men. Also, my gf wants one :rofl:

Yes or No?

I would say most of the time they are fairly girly, or driven by a faggot. Sometimes that's not the case but just saying, same goes with miata's

prae
05-12-2010, 01:49 PM
who the fuck cares. if you enjoy the vehicle then buy it.

911fever
05-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by stealth1313

I would say most of the time they are fairly girly, or driven by a faggot. Sometimes that's not the case but just saying, same goes with miata's

I agree haha

stealth1313
05-13-2010, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by prae
who the fuck cares. if you enjoy the vehicle then buy it. I wouldn't be able to enjoy the vehicle I was driving if I looked like a homo while doing so, ya maybe the Cooper s is pretty quick but I would have to duck my head down while driving past people I know and then park it in a shed or some shit so people don't know I drove a chick/biggays car.

Kozikman
05-13-2010, 08:55 PM
you're only homo when you drive it with a dick in your mouth.

stealth1313
05-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Kozikman
you're only homo when you drive it with a dick in your mouth. Nah even without the dick in the mini you're still gay. You could drive with 5 dicks in your mouth in a porsche 911 gt3 and still be a cool guy

nightfx
05-14-2010, 01:02 AM
Nah even without the dick in the mini you're still gay. You could drive with 5 dicks in your mouth in a porsche 911 gt3 and still be a cool guy

Hmm... I'm not so sure about that.

Kloubek
05-14-2010, 01:07 AM
Personally, I'm not a fan. Yes, I do think they are a bit feminine. But then, some viewed that the TT I drove around for a couple of months was too, and I didn't so much think so.

At the end of the day, who gives a shit what ANYONE thinks? If you like the car, then feel free to get one. A car certainly doesn't make one "gay".

Nevertheless, I'll stick with my Vette. :)

Team_Mclaren
05-14-2010, 01:11 AM
Nah even without the dick in the mini you're still gay. You could drive with 5 dicks in your mouth in a porsche 911 gt3 and still be a cool guy

is elton john your idol?

tehwegz
05-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Who gives a sh*t what people think.

It's classy and with the right tasteful mods it's a sick car. I was in one with stick shift with a friend and he said it was extremely fun to drive. The car is sooo short and there's a crossover concept of it. :)

Cos
05-14-2010, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by BigMass
Woman’s car, gay car, manly car. Why stop there? That’s so passé. Lets do “black car, white car, Asian car, brown car, Hispanic car”. What other crap can we use to define cars? The manufacturers should have this stuff listed on their spec sheet so as manly white male I don’t get confused next time I go car shopping.

already happening my friend

http://api.ning.com/files/DkvSyFvTVL8kqAZ*sENTO-dXelQELgdtToAE9Mmn4EN8I8E-bJMzajFoseWtISGO1ZyzcZOaJoRHeLUASzUf6Zqna1uIMSLp/AutoYellow20lowrider202.jpg

I wouldn't be able to enjoy the vehicle I was driving if I looked like a homo while doing so, ya maybe the Cooper s is pretty quick but I would have to duck my head down while driving past people I know and then park it in a shed or some shit so people don't know I drove a chick/biggays car.

Wow, I would NEVER be embarrassed of the car I drive. EVER. and I though I had low self esteem.

My car is my mode of transportation and something I love to tinker with. Reason I bought my truck? I love to camp, I was tired of getting stuck in the snow, I was tired of asking my friend/family for their truck, and the F150 has the best aftermarket base for a 1/2 ton.

I dont live in a trailerpark, I am not a farmer, I dont listen to country.

My wifes car is a 2001 Chevy Cav that is a POS. You know why we keep it? It has a 2.4 it in, Z24 suspension and brakes, and is a blast to drive. Plus it is ours and I love ripping around in it.

911 Fever: It has great aftermarket support, is amazing on gas, and you can zip in and out of traffic like no douche bag before you! Unless you are really worried about your image, I say go for it. If you like to turn wrenches and that is why your a car guy this is easily a good choice.

stealth1313
05-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Cos

already happening my friend

http://api.ning.com/files/DkvSyFvTVL8kqAZ*sENTO-dXelQELgdtToAE9Mmn4EN8I8E-bJMzajFoseWtISGO1ZyzcZOaJoRHeLUASzUf6Zqna1uIMSLp/AutoYellow20lowrider202.jpg

Wow, I would NEVER be embarrassed of the car I drive. EVER. and I though I had low self esteem.

My car is my mode of transportation and something I love to tinker with. Reason I bought my truck? I love to camp, I was tired of getting stuck in the snow, I was tired of asking my friend/family for their truck, and the F150 has the best aftermarket base for a 1/2 ton.

I dont live in a trailerpark, I am not a farmer, I dont listen to country.

My wifes car is a 2001 Chevy Cav that is a POS. You know why we keep it? It has a 2.4 it in, Z24 suspension and brakes, and is a blast to drive. Plus it is ours and I love ripping around in it.

911 Fever: It has great aftermarket support, is amazing on gas, and you can zip in and out of traffic like no douche bag before you! Unless you are really worried about your image, I say go for it. If you like to turn wrenches and that is why your a car guy this is easily a good choice. coming from the guy that says a cavalier is a blast to drive lmao... Get something with at least 200hp then say it's fun to drive. Cavaliers are slower then my first car..

403Gemini
05-14-2010, 05:43 PM
Bitches love them, so if it gets them into your car, who's laughing now? :bigpimp:

scary_perry
05-14-2010, 05:51 PM

I'd like to drive that skinny cougar.

Actually the gayest car ever is my big fucking Cpt. Stubing Maxima. Everything about it is gay. Even the first three letters of my license are GAY - LOL.

Maximas are super gay. As are all Nissans. Particularly the GT-R which looks exactly like a bathroom full of writhing sweaty fags having an orgy.

Only by driving such an incredibly gay car, an icon in the gay auto enthusiast community, can I prove my manhood.

Cos
05-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Well since I did say it was my wives daily driver.... I have nothing to prove to you.

coming from the guy that says a cavalier is a blast to drive lmao... Get something with at least 200hp then say it's fun to drive. Cavaliers are slower then my first car..

911fever
05-15-2010, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Cos
911 Fever: It has great aftermarket support, is amazing on gas, and you can zip in and out of traffic like no douche bag before you! Unless you are really worried about your image, I say go for it. If you like to turn wrenches and that is why your a car guy this is easily a good choice. [/B]

I in a million years would never ever buy one. They are so feminine and gay IMO. Not my type of car whatsoever. My gf wants one, which is why I posted this, asking if everyone else was like me and thought it was a girls or gay car!
I'm looking at buying a douchemobile, M3.

banned3x
05-15-2010, 07:51 AM
yout gf wants one? so whats the problem? you say the mini is a girls car and your gf is a girl 1+1=2:nut: or am i missing something lol?

Cos
05-15-2010, 08:05 AM

I in a million years would never ever buy one. They are so feminine and gay IMO. Not my type of car whatsoever. My gf wants one, which is why I posted this, asking if everyone else was like me and thought it was a girls or gay car!
I'm looking at buying a douchemobile, M3.

Hahaha what a waste of typing then. So what is your question then? You don't want to be seen riding shotgun in a girly car?

911fever
05-15-2010, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Cos

Hahaha what a waste of typing then. So what is your question then? You don't want to be seen riding shotgun in a girly car?

haha I was just asking if other people were like me and thought they were only a girls car!

Cos
05-15-2010, 08:23 AM
^^^ hahaha oh.

No.

911fever
05-15-2010, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Cos
^^^ hahaha oh.

No.

how's your F150 on gas? Mine is terrible (2002), just a pig. 80 litres gets me 500 to a tank, highway/city combined. And I've done sparks, plugs, wires and fuel filter a month ago.