PDA

View Full Version : Louise McKinney scholarship

nslice
05-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Hey guys,

So i was wondering if any of you have received or have any information on the Louise McKinney scholarship? I know its given out by the alberta government, and that its for super high GPA. My question was if anyone knows what kind of gpa is actually required? ( I got a 3.84 over fall and winter, in haskayne, 3rd year)

Also, will me taking 4 classes each semester matter? I know i dont get to be on the deans list because I only took 4 each semester, but i know ill still get jason lang at the least because they still consider that full time.

I looked on the website but it didnt have too much info

thanks

Pahnda
05-19-2010, 04:23 PM
You have to be nominated by the school for it AND have a high GPA to contend with people from other universities.

I got it for my 2nd year in Engg with a GPA of 3.98.

Maybe talk to someone in the student awards/financial aid office about their criteria for recommending people?

http://alis.alberta.ca/et/fo/scholarships/info.html?EK=31

Gainsbarre
05-19-2010, 08:03 PM
I got the award in 2005 after the completion of my fourth year of a joint degree program (one of the degrees was in Haskayne). My GPA that academic year was 3.9 and I was taking a full course load (five half courses each semester).

I didn't get a letter from the Alberta Government saying that I had won the award until several months later -- the letter I have was dated October 31, 2005.

rufi0
05-19-2010, 08:55 PM
@ UofC, Full-Time Student: A student registered in a degree program who is taking three or more half-courses (9 units or more) each session.

you should be alright for the full-time part. i'm pretty sure this is automatic so no need to apply. but if u want to be sure, do what Pahnda said and talk to someone at the student awards office to see if you qualify

Mibz
05-20-2010, 02:03 PM
I got it at SAIT with a 4.0, but it's SAIT so it doesn't really count :P

dezmarez
05-20-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
I got it at SAIT with a 4.0, but it's SAIT so it doesn't really count :P

haha :werd:

i had a 4.0 3rd and 4th year at mount royal and received it