PDA

View Full Version : Great cars and trucks.com???

maximus
12-10-2003, 09:35 PM
Anyone have any experience with listing their cars there? They will refund your $$$ if the car dosn't sell in 90days. I was looking at the sight and you have to get a request for reimbursement notarized???
:dunno:

comments/experiences greatly appreciated!!

Weapon_R
12-10-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by maximus
Anyone have any experience with listing their cars there? They will refund your $$$ if the car dosn't sell in 90days. I was looking at the sight and you have to get a request for reimbursement notarized???

comments/experiences greatly appreciated!!

A notarized reimbursement request will cost money. Probably more than the actual reimbursement itself. They have their asses covered.

roopi
12-10-2003, 11:55 PM
when i had my car in the autotrader they called me up and pretended like they were interested and they i started telling him about the car and when i was done he tried selling me an add.

click

maximus
12-11-2003, 01:33 AM
Ya they called my brother once too. Got pissed off because they act all interested and then they say "well I'm from great cars and trucks..."

Does notarizing cost that much? I knew they would try and screw you over somehow.

sxtasy
12-11-2003, 01:37 AM
what is notarized reimbursement?

maximus
12-11-2003, 01:40 AM
you have to fill out a form for reimbursement and then get it notorized.

max_boost
12-11-2003, 01:42 AM
They call pretty much everyone that listed their cars in the trader.

googe
12-11-2003, 02:26 AM
just take them to small claims and say the guy told you they would refund your money if they didnt give you a sale, no questions asked

i tried them out, the guy on the phone didnt say shit about that. i dont really care, i pretty much forgot about it, but if you try im pretty sure you can get your money out of them without getting ripped off

Weapon_R
12-11-2003, 02:28 AM
A notarized document is one that has been signed in the presence of a notary public. A notary public is an individual that has been empowered to witness the authenticity of a document and certify it's validity.

It's not expensive to have one done, probably around $30 to do so, but I can't imagine the advertisement being that much more expensive.

maximus
12-11-2003, 11:13 AM
I think the ad is like $60.

max_boost
12-11-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by maximus
I think the ad is like $60. It's about that price. When they called me, they sounded so convincing that this was a complete risk free offer. However, the slightest omission of information is everything!!

rc2002
12-11-2003, 11:24 AM
They called me too after I had my car in the trader. There's a lot of red tape. You have to show them proof of registration before and after your ad, and a whole bunch of other stuff...

I hate how they pretend they're interested in buying your car. But then they tell you that they will sell your car for you for $60. And then they tell you it's for an ad.

I've put my car up there, and have got no response so far...

littledan
12-11-2003, 12:27 PM
man those fuckers called me too...

nickyh
12-11-2003, 01:35 PM
Me too. When i saw all the work you had to do to get the money back, forget that!
Besides, I took a tour of their site and there are a lot of cars on there still that have been posted since last year.

CLiVE
12-11-2003, 02:20 PM
I had my stealth in the trader for 6 months...didn't sell. Then I finally listed it on greatcarsandtrucks.com after they had called me 3 times. After I listed it, my stealth sold within 3 days.

:thumbsup:

bart
12-11-2003, 02:37 PM
called us too. i laughed, saying i'm not giving them a penny. especially since the car was listed everywhere else, and i would have no way of knowing where the customer actually seen it listed. yes could have remembered where, the herald, the trader, or their site. but not gonna pay $60 for a new site anyway, especially with their "notarized" crap.

luder
12-12-2003, 01:21 AM
Called me too, considering I had never heard of them before they called I declined there offer. How many people even know that this site exists? Even now I wouldn't list with them.