PDA

View Full Version : Best Place to buy a locker?

Alak
05-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Looking for a good place to get a locker ordered in. Thinkin about a true trac for now. I have to rebuild my rear diff.

Alak
05-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Nevermind, Im going to order an exchange diff out of the states. Works out a little cheaper since the dollar is a boooomin'.

soccernut
05-14-2010, 07:53 AM
Can you share details of how much and where you are getting the new diffs?

I am looking at getting a locker as well.

Alak
05-14-2010, 09:35 AM
Im going with a complete 3rd from a land rover shop out of new york. You pay for the locker plus labour and they install it in a spare 3rd and you mail them your old one - this is specific to land rover, since its a LR shop.

Depending on what you have, you could look on pirate 4x4 or IH8MUD. Theres usually good deals on used stuff.

Im probably going to go for a Detroit True Trac which is about $450-ish new. ARB's average around $900 to $1000 new. Just to give you an idea.

AndyL
05-14-2010, 09:39 AM
The real answer for the rest of us :) is North Shore off road out in BC. Great guys. Shipped pricing is usually significantly less than our local shops.

soccernut
05-14-2010, 11:34 AM
I was thinking for Lock-Right auto lockers for the rear. I have an 88 4Runner.
I am trying to keep this as low budget as possible.

Alak
05-14-2010, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by AndyL
The real answer for the rest of us :) is North Shore off road out in BC. Great guys. Shipped pricing is usually significantly less than our local shops.

There you go, I've heard great things about them too!

ex1z7
05-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by soccernut
I was thinking for Lock-Right auto lockers for the rear. I have an 88 4Runner.
I am trying to keep this as low budget as possible.

I ordered my stuff from Lowrangeoffroad.com - shipping was super cheap and they had better prices on everything I needed compared to anyone else..

(lockright locker + diff rebuild kit)