PDA

View Full Version : Hole in sub

B69
12-10-2003, 11:09 PM
I have a sub with a small hole in it but I dont have a amp to run it on so i cant tell. So has anyone had this problem and is it repairable or is the sub garbage?

Weapon_R
12-10-2003, 11:11 PM
It's hard to tell. If there is an actual hole in the sub cone, it's probably garbage.

Moonracer
12-10-2003, 11:15 PM
Actually it is repairable, call a high end shop for details cause I can't remember what the stuff is called. I'm sure someone on here knows....

B69
12-10-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
It's hard to tell. If there is an actual hole in the sub cone, it's probably garbage.
Its on the face of the sub if thats the cone. Just out of curiosity would tape do anything? my guess is no, thanks!

Moonracer
12-11-2003, 12:38 AM
Tape will just dry up and fall off but chances are if it's just a small hole and is mounted in the trunk with the music on, you more than likely won't even notice. But look into patching it if you want it right.

illeagle
12-11-2003, 12:48 AM
Well, My cousins were sitting on my sub's + box, and they managed to KICK a hole in one of my subs. The thing rattled after.
So I got this stuff called "Goop" it was black sealer/glue. It's all I had laying around the Garage. It worked. It looks good. But the downfall is the glue, Dry is shiney, my subs aren't. And the smell.... WHOOO!! Talk about a free high. for 2 days if i wanted to drive, I had to do it native sylez, cuz... hehe j/k.....:thumbsup:
p.s. the smell does go away, just takes 24hrs Good luck.

B69
12-11-2003, 12:52 AM
haha thats awesome! the hole is smaller than a dime so i guess im not to worried, thanks Moonracer and illeagle i appreciate it!
:thumbsup:

JAYMEZ
12-13-2003, 01:17 AM
Goop it! , make sure you let it dry