PDA

View Full Version : Introduce me to my new car

derran.m
05-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Picking up our newish 2005 Honda Civic Si tomorrow afternoon
1.7L, 5 speed, 4 door, fully loaded, power windows, sunroof, A/C, Cruise control, tint, etc.
What should I know about this? Any issues I should be aware of? Any easy and cheap mods I can do?
New to the import scene ... so this car is pretty much jibberish to me at this point LOL

Genjuro
05-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Hm I think to get started, watch Fast and Furious many times. Pretty much shows what NOT to do.

j.garner
05-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Is this the family cruiser. Or a project. If its for the family i would say just intake. maybe some rims and tires. If not then maybe exhaust and header. Nothing worse then having a loud exhaust with wife and kids in the car.

FraserB
05-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Fart can, 50' of underglow from crappy tire, half a dozen subs, a bunch of trance CD's and a tin foil hood.

max_boost
05-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Forget about mods. It's a cheap economy car so leave it as that.

wintonyk
05-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
\a tin foil hood.

:rofl:

403Gemini
05-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

+1 to this honestly. If you had another car and you wanted a specific project car, yeah sure Honda's are fun. If you want a reliable daily driver... I'd say lower it and rims at the most...

Phenix
05-13-2010, 04:43 PM
The biggest triple level wing you can find. lol

Just change the oil and do some other little tune up things to get it running nicer

2Valve0
05-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

It's an SI. Not to much of a cheap economy car. I'm assuming we have a honda hater here :facepalm:

Please don't rice this car out. Lower it, rims maybe? If exhuast get a full one, with silencer.

derran.m
05-13-2010, 05:03 PM
LMAO love the suggestions so far ... keep em coming

Yes it is the family car - tentatively going to be more the wife's daily driver, my weekend toy LOL

No, I do not want to rice it out ... I have seen fast and Furious all too many times, no interest in turning it into a rice rocket like them LOL

Triple level wing - yeah NO ... not taking it to the track .......... yet.....

DeeK
05-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by 2Valve0

It's an SI. Not to much of a cheap economy car. I'm assuming we have a honda hater here :facepalm:

Considering he had a S2000 for a few years, I highly doubt he's a honda hater....
:facepalm:

max_boost
05-13-2010, 05:10 PM
No I'm far from a Honda hater lol just being realistic man. Save money for maintenance, gas, etc. better yet, buy your wife something nice with your mod money. :rofl:

But if you must, keep it simple.

My typical Honda formula.

Eibach springs.
OEM lip kit.
Wheels.
Exhaust (maybe)
Tint (maybe)

Done.

Seeing how your wife is driving it, she's going to destroy the car so like I said, save your money. :rofl:

TorqueDog
05-13-2010, 06:06 PM

Please don't rice this car out. Lower it, rims maybe? If exhuast get a full one, with silencer. It's a Honda Civic. It's a cheap economy car, regardless of the trim level. And I happen to like them, too. But I see them for what they are.

Leave it stock, maybe tint and wheels, but that's it.

btimbit
05-13-2010, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
It's a Honda Civic. It's a cheap economy car, regardless of the trim level. And I happen to like them, too. But I see them for what they are.

Leave it stock, maybe tint and wheels, but that's it.

+1

911fever
05-13-2010, 10:46 PM
leave it stock, and save the money for maintainence.

slinkie
05-14-2010, 12:38 AM

It's an SI. Not to much of a cheap economy car.

good one bro :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

gpomp
05-14-2010, 12:42 AM

it's only an "si" in canada. it's actually a civic EX

yeahyeah
05-14-2010, 07:41 AM
rims, tint, and a CAI and call it a day.

Tomaz
05-14-2010, 10:01 AM
Rims + tint = DONE

Do not lower your car. You live in Canada, it snows. We have big holes and rough roads. You are also driving your children around.

No not put an exhaust on your car. Removing the back-pressure will do nothing but annoy you, your wife, your kids, and everyone else around you. Not to mind eventually hurting your little NA engine.

Do not put a Cold-Air intake on your car. It's useless. You will see no gain unless driving like Lewis Hamilton, which you better not be seeing you will have kids in the car.

If your wife is driving this car, it will break. I'm not trying to be a dick, but it happens. Keep your money for maintenance and curb rash.

In short, it is a civic. Treat it as such and enjoy it for what it is: A reliable family car :) .