PDA

View Full Version : Best ticket fighting agency out there?

Graham_A_M
05-13-2010, 04:10 PM
just looking for the best, best priced and most "guaranteed" agency out there. Any opinions or experiences; please chime in.

403Gemini
05-13-2010, 04:30 PM
You get caught doing 240 km/h on Deerfoot? Wait, you don't own a lambo... ;)

max_boost
05-13-2010, 04:32 PM
It would help if you tell us what kind of ticket you or your friend got.

Hamann
05-13-2010, 04:38 PM
I have used a Couple, worst was trusting a friend of mine and getting some brown guy that drove around in a Mini-van to do one of mine (He payed the fine and kept the rest, which could of been worse)

Traffic Cops was great, but I only used one of their guys, his name was Dennis Young. Used him for 2 tickets, got me off clean for both, and because I sent a couple other people to him he only charged me for 1 Ticket (So $250 to get out of 2 tickets, plus court fee's)

Traffic Cops set me up with a Free one day course to save me 3 demerits (I was at 12 with the 2 Tickets that were 3 each)

Last ticket I recieved I was unable to get ahold of Dennis and the other person I spoke to was rude as hell and said there was no way they could get me out of the ticket, so I tried out POINTTS, awesome service, and a cute receptionist ;) they got me out of the ticket free and clear aswell.

So basically I would go with Traffic Cops if you can talk with Dennis Young or POINTTS (Both are pretty much the same in cost)

DeeK
05-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Avoid Pointts at all costs, charged me $700 with the promise that they would get me out of a ticket, no problems. Considering the ticket was $450 I was fine with paying that much to avoid insurance hikes, especially having a clean record. Turns out $700 all they got me was a reduced cost on my ticket. Wouldn't even stand behind their word.

max_boost
05-13-2010, 05:17 PM
There are no guarantees. I have no experience with severe tickets but for shit like 20kms/over, failing to signal etc. you'll more than likely get the same result as those POINTTS, Traffic Cops etc. There's nothing special to them.

It all depends how much your time is worth. 2 weeks after you got your ticket, if you can take the morning off, go down to Court house, 2nd floor, line up at first window and give the person your ticket and ask to see the CP. Go to waiting area and wait for your name to be called. After you go in and see the CP, you don't have to say shit all. Nothing you say will make a difference, well maybe if you are hot and you let the dude see your rack so Graham, if you have any hot blonde friends, this might work because anyone can go in for you haha

Example: Say your ticket is 30kms/over 4 demerits and fine is $172.

You don't have to say anything and CP will offer you 2 demerits off, change the ticket to failing to disobey sign and reduce fine to $88.

Done. You even have the option to extend the payment if you can't afford it right then and there.

So the question is, how much is your time worth? If you are making rage2 money, get someone to do it for you. But if not, then go do it yourself.

Like I said, this is for minor stuff. If you are talking about drunk driving and shit, then I don't know.

Graham_A_M
05-14-2010, 09:13 AM
^Thanks for the responses. Yeah I used both Points and that "Traffic cops" many years ago and was quite unimpressed. I paid almost twice the ticket price with both: and yet both times only received a reduced fine... so basically... why bother?

After that I went down to the courts myself and didn't have the luck you did Max_boost, I got a BARELY reduced ticket and that literally took all day to do.
.... now hence this thread. The tickets were quite minor, but I absolutely hate giving money to the CPS, so I'd much rather reduce or erase the tickets completely.

Thanks a lot. Somebody PM'ed me about these
http://fightthatticket.com/calgary.html
As they seem to have a remarkible track record. I've heard their name before with good things to say so I'll go to these guys this time.

Originally posted by Hamann
I if you can talk with Dennis Young
Seeing him today, thanks!

max_boost
05-14-2010, 11:09 AM
Update us on what you find out with this fightaticket place. If their rates are good, reference them for the future.

Laoz
05-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Nadeau & Associates

1-3500 27 Street Northeast, Calgary - (403) 271-2849

Family business, very nice guy and has always helped me. If there's any faults on the ticket He'll notice right away, plus hes cheap.

2BLUE
05-14-2010, 11:25 AM
I thought getting your ticket reduced days were over?

BigShow
05-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Laoz
Nadeau & Associates

1-3500 27 Street Northeast, Calgary - (403) 271-2849

Family business, very nice guy and has always helped me. If there's any faults on the ticket He'll notice right away, plus hes cheap.

Is that an actual phone number? Its always gone straight to voice mail.

max_boost
05-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by 2BLUE
I thought getting your ticket reduced days were over?

I asked the CP and he said demerits won't be reduced to zero. It's at least 2 demerits but the fine will get reduced just by you showing up.

I had a 2 demerit ticket and he kept it at 2 but reduced the fine by 50%. I also had a 4 demerit ticket and he reduced it to 2 and also reduced the fine by 50%.

Graham_A_M
05-14-2010, 01:38 PM
2BLUE:
Yes they are. LOL. I took a day off work to get a $60 reduction off my ticket, yay :rolleyes: Sitting in those uncomfortable chairs for 7 hours was not exactly worth it.

Originally posted by max_boost
Update us on what you find out with this fightaticket place. If their rates are good, reference them for the future.

Just came back, WOW.... $245, yet he cleared me of $700 worth of tickets, and three demerits. One of them was a failure to produce license. I just went to fill up my bike, yet you could see my house from where he pulled me over. :rolleyes:

I was thoroughly impressed. Points wanted $650, just for the speeding and the license one. :nut:
He also offered a free defensive driving course, one that'll remove 3 demerits. I have a clean record (especially now thanks to him) but it was really cool that he offered that, as its a fairly pricey course elsewhere.

I took his business card, his info is
[email protected]
www.fightthatticket.com
(403) 288-2102
#500 706 7th ave SW

tomt64
05-14-2010, 02:33 PM
Rob @ Gregory Ticket Office.

Got a pink ticket which would of suspended my license [52 over] paid him 700 bucks GST included and he got it done to something absurd liike 100 bucks and 2 points.

sounds like the above options are cheaper alternatives but I was satisfied with the outcome.

Edit: Wow Dennis is the bomb! Maybe if there is a next time Ill go with him. So did you get any points with the reduction or were they all knocked off?

Graham_A_M
05-14-2010, 04:10 PM
^ Everything is removed, I dont pay a cent to anybody, and I dont have any demerits either. All for $245:)
Im quite happy as thanks to him My record stays crystal clean.

Hamann
05-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Lol my bad, I have never used Traffic Cops, I used the Fight That Ticket (With Dennis) It was like a year and a half ago and I remembered that he used to be a cop, lol so I assumed that was what the company was called.

I didn't keep his Business card, I just left his number in my Cell Phone incase :thumbsup:

Glad to hear he was able to help you out :thumbsup:

chkolny541
05-15-2010, 03:28 PM
wait, so you sped over to the gas station a few blocks away (presumably) without your license and got 700$ worth of tickets?
whhhaaa?

LEGiiT
05-15-2010, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by chkolny541
wait, so you sped over to the gas station a few blocks away (presumably) without your license and got 700$ worth of tickets?
whhhaaa?

Probably a few stunt tickets in there, too ;)

How much is a failure to provide a license and how my demerits? I've driven a lot w/o my license, I always thought they gave you 24-hours to show it.

Graham_A_M
05-15-2010, 10:39 PM
No, I had a speeding ticket from before. It was right across from the Blackfoot trail trailer parks, right before Southland drive while in my Z4. I was doing 100 in a 80 zone. Its very common for them to hide out there. That was $190 plus three demerit points. I should have known, but I was careless that day as it was 25 out, and was loving the top down weather.
And no, I do not stunt in anyway shape or form.

Driving without a drivers license is a $180 ticket. That I got while fueling up my bike literally one block from where I live.
My bike registration ended one day prior. Due to how busy I was, I had no time to re-register my bike...... I was headed out that same day (my only day off) to re-register it; however they pulled me over because of that. That was a $280 ticket. Its a little bit difficult to stay on top of that when you work 12-16 hour days 6 days a week. :nut: (damn new company start ups LOL)

Quite shitty luck considering it all happened within a two week time span. :rolleyes:
In the event you are pulled over without valid insurance; you're given a pink slip stating a potential $2500++ Fine. You have to fax in valid insurance documents to the CPS to void that charge. If you dont; you have to pay the fine then

chkolny541
05-16-2010, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by LEGiiT

How much is a failure to provide a license and how my demerits? I've driven a lot w/o my license, I always thought they gave you 24-hours to show it.

myth, ive actually heard this as well in the past, im not sure if the policy was in place perhaps years ago with the 24 hr rule or not, but if your w/o a license now, its a big ol' unavoidable ticket!

boci
05-16-2010, 07:50 AM
I use this http://82.119.234.147/novili/index.php
And it saved my ass from getting ticket four times in last eight months.

be_y_ou
05-25-2010, 05:08 PM
I used points before and they were great they didnt charge me travel charges for going to okotoks and saved me two demerits and 200 dollars on running a stop sign.

Tilly
05-26-2010, 08:45 AM
POINTTS sucks. paid ~700 to lower my ticket a small amount. they were rude over the phone, and didn't give a sh1t about my case. all they wanted was my money.