PDA

View Full Version : I Was In Heaven

ConVict
08-31-2002, 07:12 PM
ok guys, i saw the absolutly nicest thing you cound ever see in the import indistry today!
i was at RPM today, and i went into the back room!
and guess what i saw...
come on guess
well anyway it was a 240 sx with a skyline twin turbo engine smack dab in the engine bay! with the 18 inch R34 GTR rims and everything!
they where making the body into a silvia conversion, with a really nice front open mouth bumper! the intercooler on the thing was huge.. and i talked to the guy and he said it will be pushing something like 700 hp
i jizzed my pants then passed out!
fun day :rofl:

Dope Dealer
08-31-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by ConVict
ok guys, i saw the absolutly nicest thing you cound ever see in the import indistry today!
i was at RPM today, and i went into the back room!
and guess what i saw...
come on guess
well anyway it was a 240 sx with a skyline twin turbo engine smack dab in the engine bay! with the 18 inch R34 GTR rims and everything!
they where making the body into a silvia conversion, with a really nice front open mouth bumper! the intercooler on the thing was huge.. and i talked to the guy and he said it will be pushing something like 700 hp
i jizzed my pants then passed out!
fun day :rofl:

Was that at the RPM on 32nd (Is there more than one location?). Silvia conversions rule! Can't believe they put that engine in, haha, that thing is gonna be a monster.

bosa
08-31-2002, 08:07 PM
Oh man that sounds so nice!:drool:Did you take any pics?:dunno:I really hope you did:drool::drool:

todaB18c5
08-31-2002, 09:14 PM
that cars been under construction for so long now... i think the owner went to japan.... and picked up a set of r34 wheels when he was there...

pics were post on albertacars.net a while back.

ConVict
08-31-2002, 09:14 PM
and that would be a big nope! didnt have it on me ....

RCBVtec
08-31-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer

Was that at the RPM on 32nd (Is there more than one location?).

Yes there is only 1, this is their 3rd location.

2K255HP
08-31-2002, 11:02 PM
Oh mannnn that sounds sooo sweet
damn man i would of jizzed my pants passed out and still be jizzing while passed out :rofl:

T5_X
08-31-2002, 11:05 PM
Holy shit! That thing will haul! Must be a real expensive project. The most common swap for the 240SX is a sylvia or bluebird SR20DET or SR20VET

infamous
09-01-2002, 02:18 AM
dude someone should go up there and get pics to post, or at least find the pics from abcars.net and post them again. i am to lazy to go up there but i want to jizz too!!!

shadowz
09-01-2002, 03:38 AM
Cant wait , I talked to the guy hes got extended flares to fit the Skyline wheels, SR20det and tonnes of other goodies, its gonna be sweet S13.5

ConVict
09-01-2002, 02:14 PM
the rpm guy said that he gave THEM 20 000, and thats not including the engine or anything! just body work and some fine tuning i think!

nismodrifter
09-01-2002, 02:19 PM
is it rb26dett powered or sr20det powered?

first post said skyline engine and now people are saying its an sr20

2000impreza
09-01-2002, 02:48 PM
there is a place in the states that does RB26, RB25,..etc conversions. cost a lot of $$$$
http://www.unstable-hybrids.com/

max_boost
09-01-2002, 03:16 PM
I saw the front end conversion a couple years back and it was clean as hell. Can't imagine what it would look like now, the owner must have dropped a good chunk of money on to this car. Can't wait to see the final project!

Joe Malms
09-01-2002, 04:18 PM
Are you sure its the rb26 block?
Last time i heard and saw pics it was an sr20det.
If its an sr20det i highly doubt its 700hp..thats asking alot out of a daily driven 2.0 4 banger

But its definetely a cool car, lots of work and time put into it it seems.

ConVict
09-01-2002, 06:11 PM
the damn guy said skyline engine!! so unless im stupid thats a 6, and although im dumb i know a sr20 is a 4...

nookmumracing
09-02-2002, 01:03 AM
It's definately a SR20DET with Skyline body work and S15 head conversion. Clean looking car. Would that be a Sil240line?
700hp? I think it's pretty much stock but I'm not for sure since I saw it like last summer. 700hp, you need mad upgrades to get that and I don't think a lot of that is available her for the SR20DET.

Peace

4wheeldrift
09-02-2002, 07:23 AM
If he can get a S15 conversion kit and an SR20DET, I'm guessing getting parts to build a 700hp SR20 wouldn't be that difficult. Don't know how driveable that car would be with that sort of power though.

silenttype23
09-02-2002, 09:54 AM
Yeah, i went to the back of RPM and saw that car...........its unreal............Yeah RPM is located on 32ave just across from McCall lake golf course!!!!!!!!! Its their new and bigger, cleaner and even better location. Thats what i like about RPM, they take the time to do quality work, they actually CARE about their customers and their RIDES!!!!!!!!!! If you haven't been there yet I recommend you go check it out!!!

RCBVtec
09-02-2002, 01:02 PM
Here is the deal on that guys car... his name is Orrin a friend of mine knows him quite well this is what he said about the 240...

Its an Sr20 swap that will be pushing around 250hp to start, but he has built it to do around 400 hp once he swaps in a bigger turbo etc.... 18 X 9 Skyline R34 rims weighing 18lbs/rim... S15 front end conversion with a C-West Body kit and custom fender flares... 20G for bodywork? ummm... hahaha... not yet anyways...

ConVict
09-02-2002, 10:35 PM
well if thats what your buddy said then the rpm guy is full of shit! cause i qouted exactly what he said!
skyline engine pushing 700 hp, 20 grand giving to rpm

RCBVtec
09-03-2002, 08:45 AM
Who were you talking to? I doubt Roberto (owner) would say something like that... he's more knowledgeable than that.

ConVict
09-03-2002, 02:46 PM
guy with red rx7

nosoup4u
09-03-2002, 04:27 PM
LOL,
That must be HUGH.
LOL,LOL,LOL.

rage2
09-03-2002, 04:32 PM
They're talking about you ricers... =)

http://forums.northwestnissans.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2720

That's one CRAZY NISSAN SITE :D.

hehe.

Madmax
09-03-2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Ranger_X31
Holy shit! That thing will haul! Must be a real expensive project. The most common swap for the 240SX is a sylvia or bluebird SR20DET or SR20VET

The Bluebird swap is the most common swap for a Sentra B-13 or the 200sx/Sentra B-14. The SR20VET is not a commun swap (It's a newer engine). I've seen picture of SR20VE swaps a couple times already.

The most commun swap for an 240SX is the SR20DET out of a S-13/S-14 or S-15. There is more then one version of the SR20DET.

T5_X
09-03-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Madmax

The Bluebird swap is the most common swap for a Sentra B-13 or the 200sx/Sentra B-14. The SR20VET is not a commun swap (It's a newer engine). I've seen picture of SR20VE swaps a couple times already.

The most commun swap for an 240SX is the SR20DET out of a S-13/S-14 or S-15. There is more then one version of the SR20DET.

Oops, yah you're right. Of course the most common swap for the 240 is the sylvia

What about the pulsar? is that FWD?

And yah, the VET is like, BRAND new, I think its only on that new SUV in japan. I meant to say the regular VE. Not near as common, but its the choice for guys who want to stay all motor.

todaB18c5
09-03-2002, 11:25 PM
I was reading that forum...its actually quite funny...

They are really high on them selves... and nissans...

each thread is like... wow hondas suck... wow thats sweet S13... and s13...

"Orrins car famous".... bitch please.

todaB18c5
09-03-2002, 11:28 PM
more beef to post... lol
just reading another one of there posts.. about a ferrari and this comes up for no reason

"Ferrari's engineering may not rival Honda's, but Honda will never be able to create a car with a rich soul to stir everybit of the driver's senses like a Ferrari would. "

T5_X
09-03-2002, 11:47 PM
buncha idiots on that form

That's the problem with forums that only focus on a few specific things... nissans, rangers, hondas, whatever. You get a lot of people on them that are too closed minded to accept whatever isn't thier own. This is a GENERAL car forum. People with all different makes and models post here. Obviously, not everyone here is gonna be an expert in S13 engine swaps. Guess we're all just a bunch of ricers :p

thich
09-04-2002, 12:19 AM
we're all just a bunch of ricers

speak for yourself. :rolleyes:
240s are getting stupidly overrated now b/c almost every import magazine is making them out to be the best things in the world. People are just buying them now and drifting them into sides of mountains and so on. They've jacked up the market value of the car and the SR20 b/c of their short-term fad and now those of us who are trying so hard to find them just can't find the money to purchase one that fits the criteria! Almost every 91+ 240 I've seen runs over 100,000km and is being sold for prices ranging from $8k to $15k(S13s) to excesses of $25k(S14). Overpriced. :thumbsdow

That is my rant and rave about 240s.
arghz.

I thought Orrin was supposed to have finished his car by last May? I guess not?

RCBVtec
09-04-2002, 08:31 AM
a buddy of mine at work started the thread over on the Northwest Nissans site, he wanted to say this...

i originally figured i would throw it up on NWN so we all could see the amount of attention that Orrin's car was getting from various car clubs... the only reason i put the Ricers comment in there was the lack of knowledge associated when they were referring to Nissans... i dunno, maybe it was a bit rude, but oh well... Comeon buddy... IT'S SILVIA!!!! NOT SYLVIA!!!! And yes Orrin's car was supposed to be done in January actaully, then May, now maybe the end of this year... who knows... He keeps changing his mind and it delays the process... but, the changes he has made have all been for the better, so its no worries...

SaskS14
09-04-2002, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by thich

speak for yourself. :rolleyes:
240s are getting stupidly overrated now b/c almost every import magazine is making them out to be the best things in the world. People are just buying them now and drifting them into sides of mountains and so on. They've jacked up the market value of the car and the SR20 b/c of their short-term fad and now those of us who are trying so hard to find them just can't find the money to purchase one that fits the criteria! Almost every 91+ 240 I've seen runs over 100,000km and is being sold for prices ranging from $8k to $15k(S13s) to excesses of $25k(S14). Overpriced. :thumbsdow

That is my rant and rave about 240s.
arghz.

I thought Orrin was supposed to have finished his car by last May? I guess not?

Thich Buddy!!! Hows it goin? Long time no see!

Well here is my veiw on the attention that the 240SX has been receiving. First it is good for me because the value of my car has not dropped since I purchased it last year and have since put over 30,000 km's on it. In fact I was offered by someone 18,000 which is a thousand more than I payed for it.

As for the magazines pumping them up listen to my view. As far as I am concerned the writers of SS and 2NR are mainly to blame. They are the ones throwing out all these false terms and mis-informing the 'ricer' community. Heck when I bought my car and began to take part in Discsussions on FreshAlloy.com and Zilvia.net I was amazed with the following that the 240 had. Everyone was mature except for a few and everyone knew what they were talking about and there was always people willing to answer questions. Now there are all these people on there talking about twin turbo SR20DETT swaps and talks about putting a GTR drive-train in their 240. All of this is thanks to our magazines.

All I can say is thank god there are barely any S14's around.

So is this Orrins car an S13 or S14. What Silvia front end is on it, S13 or S15?

AaronS13
09-04-2002, 08:59 AM

Ummm.... overrated??? how??? RWD, 52/48 weight bias, amazing handling characteristics, and good potential... agreed that the import magazine is going overkill lately on the 240SX platform, but isn't this the same thing that has been happening the last 5 years for Honda's in these magazines??? Granted its been all at once, but still, I'm happy that my S-chassis is getting love. Short term fad? ummm.. i don't think so... Nissan owners seem to be so stuck on Nissans that they will only buy another Nissan... close minded? well... maybe, but still, why give up on a good thing... The SR20 conversion really has come around lately as the "in thing"... its a great engine... for those not in the know, its the same type of improvement as a CTR B16 in an EG/EK hatch... Yes, the asking price has gone up for your average S13/S14 lately, but, definitly not to the extent you are talking about... I bought my 93 S13 last March (01) for 9K... and i overpaid, i know that... You can find good S13's for around 4-5K... just have to look for it... I've NEVER seen a S13 sell for more than 10K without major modifications... stop looking at dealerships!!! An S14 will START at around 12K and go up to a MAX of 18K... It'll max out if its a MCS14 (97-98 with the slanted headlights some Honda owners seem to get a hardon for and hybrid their cars) and if it is 5spd with factory LSD and 5 lug hubs... Overpriced? Considering that you can buy your average S13 for cheaper than your average Civic, i don't see how you can call that overpriced... for the difference in overall performance, S13 all the way...

but those are my thoughts, not yours...

AaronS13
09-04-2002, 09:00 AM
oh... and Orrin's car is a 92 coupe with a S15 full front end conversion...

AaronS13
09-04-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by todaB18c5
I was reading that forum...its actually quite funny...

They are really high on them selves... and nissans...

each thread is like... wow hondas suck... wow thats sweet S13... and s13...

"Orrins car famous".... bitch please.

of course we are high on Nissans... we love em... if i go to a Honda site, i'm expecting them to be high on Hondas... What the #$@#$ did you expect??? us to be bashing our own cars???
bitch please!!!!!!!!!!

we have fun knocking hondas because 90% of honda's on the road have your standard intake/exhaust/graphics/50lbs of bondo for your bodykit... when a nice honda comes around, we DO give respect to it because respect is due... if you came on our website and told us about Toda this and Toda that, you would get respect...

Orrin's car must be famous if even you are posting in this... hahaha... I bet more people have heard of his car then yours... jealousy will get you nowhere buddy... but respect given where it is due will... I'm not here to start a war, i'm just saying....

SaskS14
09-04-2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by AaronS13
oh... and Orrin's car is a 92 coupe with a S15 full front end conversion...

Ok. I think I remember hearing about it in the spring on ABCars.

alkatraz
09-04-2002, 12:29 PM
Hi guys, I'm the webmaster at www.northwestnissans.com and I just wanted to invite anyone who was interested in learning more about Nissan performance to our website.

Darknight sil15 conversion is an amazing example of stylish japanese performence, if your interested in seeing some pictures check out our gallery here:

http://northwestnissans.com/gallery/sil15/

Heres a good shot of the r34 skyline wheels
http://northwestnissans.com/gallery/sil15/fdaeacf2.jpg

Here's the blacktop SR20DET that pushes 205-250hp (depending on the model) from a 2.0l 4cyl from the factory.
http://northwestnissans.com/gallery/sil15/fdae19e9.jpg

A work in progress shot of the s15 headlights and intercooler
http://northwestnissans.com/gallery/sil15/fdac464d.jpg

And here is his own photo album on imagestation:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292052037

I welcome all of you to check out our site before you bash it. We are all Import Performance enthusiasts that can recognize a nice ride when we see one, no matter who the manufacture is.

SHO
09-04-2002, 12:31 PM
http://www.se-r.net/multimedia/pictures/misc/silvia.jpg

First of all yes there are Silvia blocks designed to handle power in excess of 700 hp this is the Jun S-14 Silvia, this motor has been built to handle all the power that jun could pump into it! The car has 700+ Hp!!! It has raced in the usa a couple times but only on excibition runs, they hit a [email protected] that is damn good for a stock s-14 rear end drag car! the 2.0 was enlarged to a 2.2 though so its 700 from a 2.2 not a 2.0!

soo 700 is not so outlandish as you may think.

link is:
http://www.beaterz.com/wwwboard/messages/1598.htm

silenttype23
09-04-2002, 01:00 PM
Oh by the way...............the guy with the Red RX-7, does know what he's talking about!!!!!

AaronS13
09-04-2002, 01:45 PM
Actually, Orrin's engine is either a 97 or 98 180SX (S13) engine... thats whats up with the blacktop....

that JUN motor is sick... too bad the built race motor is like 10G US + SR20DET for core...

rage2
09-04-2002, 02:28 PM
hehe I didn't mean to start a war, was just interesting where referrals were coming from to our site.

As for the folks here calling the 240sx overrated, I nearly traded in my 944 turbo when the S14 first came out after skipping school to test drive the car :D. It was a very balanced car, awesome handling, just needed more power. I wouldn't mind seeing Orrin's car out at one of our track days.

AaronS13
09-05-2002, 07:41 AM
i think most of us would just like to see Orrin's car on the road, let alone on the track... hopefully he'll show up and demonstrate what that beast can do...

Ralliart
09-05-2002, 03:50 PM
Actually, Orrin's engine is either a 97 or 98 180SX (S13) engine... thats whats up with the blacktop....

Am I wrong or doesn't having a 180sx motor make the engine a CA18 or something like that, not a SR20?
:dunno:

SaskS14
09-05-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Ralliart

Am I wrong or doesn't having a 180sx motor make the engine a CA18 or something like that, not a SR20?
:dunno:

Originally yes but only in the early years of the 180sx. Then the SR20DET came along but the name stayed the same.

thich
09-05-2002, 04:54 PM
hey AaronS13, sorry if I came off like an ass or anything; when I look over it.. I think "overrated" wuz not the rite word to use.
I love the S13, believe me. That car is SOOOOOOOOO perfect in many ways; the weight distro, the LSD, the RWD especially!... I just hate how the magazines are giving uneducated people the idea that you can just jump into the car and drift it and so on etc etc.
I also hate the way most magazines make out the KA24 to be an extremely crappy "truck motor"... so biased. And there are a lot of people out there who overlook the CA18 as well and just make it out to be a cruddy 1.8L engine that can't make out as much power as the SR..... :rolleyes:
but sorry if I came off as an ass. I love the 240.. just I hate how it the import scene is playing it out with it rite now. Rarely see any at the autoX; but I haven't been to the last 2 months of autoX so I can't comment. :P

Originally yes but only in the early years of the 180sx. Then the SR20DET came along but the name stayed the same.

you also have to remember that the SR20DET NEVER came out in the European models of the 180SX's; the latest model of the CA18 is the 1994 engine from the Euro 180s
In Japan and the rest of the non-North American world had a change from the CA18 to the SR20 because of the cost of production of the engine at the time.

----

Hey SaskS14, long time no see man! How are you and that S14 doing? gonna do the MC conversion anytime soon?
Have you dropped by Calgary to check out Nguyen and his S14 yet? He's the new owner of Autodream in Calgary, so I rarely see him on the street anymore.. and he lives in the same neighborhood as i do! yeesh.

darknight
09-05-2002, 06:28 PM
Hey nice to be a new member of a local forum.

My names orrin and I'm the owner of the car that you are all talking about. I've been working on what you see for the last 2yrs and I've done all the work myself except for the body work which I've left up to RPM. I've had this car in my family since new back in 93 and bought it off my father back in Aug of 2000 after yrs of harping to sell it to me and at that point decided to park it and give it the full treatment.
As for what going on with the car well were to start. The reason the car aint done is because of many variables. This is a real custom project and I don't like to cheap out and do short cuts for quick fixes plain and simple. So to get things looking good, working right you some times you need to get the right people for the job and well as you all probabley know that isn't always the easiest thing to do. Try and find someone willing to take time and come down to help fabricate I/C piping or radiator hose piping etc, it just ain't just a snap of the fingers. Then theres the whole body work issue. RPM whose doing it for me isn't really focussing alot of there attention on the car. To give you an example the car has been sitting in the back since the first week in July and nothing has been touched on the car. Only thing they have done is mounted my new C-West front bumper and put the headlights on along with the hood. All of which takes about 15-30mins to do. SO as you can see its just been a waiting game latley and not really on my part. I think that now summer is pretty much done and RPM has slowed down in the back alot, the car should beable to start to get looked at now. I'll be sure to keep you all updated as things progress. Thanks for all the positive comments and for the meantime here a 2 photo albums that I have of my build up of my car. I hope you enjoy them. Later

Photo Album 1 (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292052037) photo album 2 (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291762691)

Orrin

darknight
09-05-2002, 06:44 PM
And I guess while I'm at it I'll list the mods I have for the car so far,

-92 240sx LE couple
-98 RPS13 Blacktop
-R34 GTR rims w/ Bridgestone S-03 265/35/18 and 235/40/18
-Tein HA coilovers w/pillowball mounts
-300zx front calipers w/KVR xdrilled rotors all around
-KVR carbon metallic pads
-Whiteline front/rear adj sway bars
-Whiteline complete polyurethane busing kit
-Whiteline Subframe spacers
-Tomei 1.2mm headgasket
-TODA racing flywheel
-SPEC clutch
-C's short shifter
-HKS SSQV BOV
-HKS Type 2 turbo timer
-Greddy oil filter relocator
-Greddy oil catch can
-Apexi GT Spec exhaust
-Impul front S/T bar
-various earls/aeroquip hoses and fittings
-Griffin 2 row Chevy aluminum rad
-T-fal 15" electirc fan
-Walbro 255lph fuel pump
-K+N fuel filter/ oil filter
-s15 front end w/xenon headlights
-Signal Auto carbon fiber side mirrors
-Garage Defend carbon fiber rad- bumper cover
-GTR R33 I/C w/ custom piping
-C-west S15 GT front bumper
-C-west s13 coupe side skirts
-C-west rear spoiler
-Bomex s13 coupe rear bumper(yet to buy)
-relocated battery to back using Morosso battery box
-Nismo Oil cap, fuel cap, shift knob
-Momo sterring wheel w/ techniq removable hub(steeringwheel)
-Redlyne fluid throughout car
-SS brake lines
-Motul 5.1 brake fluid
-Blitz SBC-ID (getting next week)

Well thats about all I can think of right now. Turbo is still the stock t-25 as I want to run it like that till I get everything running up to par and then plans are for the HKS GT 2835 turbo kit and Apexi Power FC.

Orrin

rage2
09-05-2002, 10:09 PM
Jesus! I think you just beat me in the "biggest moneypit" category! :eek:

Welcome to the forums!

4wheeldrift
09-06-2002, 06:54 AM
Great googly moogly :drool: That will be quite the machine when its done :hitit:

thich
09-06-2002, 07:56 AM
all i can say is..... :banghead:
damn!!!
can't wait to see ur car on the streets Orrin!

AaronS13
09-06-2002, 08:18 AM
hey AaronS13, sorry if I came off like an ass or anything; when I look over it.. I think "overrated" wuz not the rite word to use.
I love the S13, believe me. That car is SOOOOOOOOO perfect in many ways; the weight distro, the LSD, the RWD especially!... I just hate how the magazines are giving uneducated people the idea that you can just jump into the car and drift it and so on etc etc.
I also hate the way most magazines make out the KA24 to be an extremely crappy "truck motor"... so biased. And there are a lot of people out there who overlook the CA18 as well and just make it out to be a cruddy 1.8L engine that can't make out as much power as the SR..... :rolleyes:
but sorry if I came off as an ass. I love the 240.. just I hate how it the import scene is playing it out with it rite now. Rarely see any at the autoX; but I haven't been to the last 2 months of autoX so I can't comment. :P

Thich... no worries at all buddy... i think almost everyone was after eachothers throats for a little while there.. The CA doesn't have the same type of support in the S-13 as it was only used for two years in japan (89 and 90)... its a very robust engine, but not as powerful and there aren't quite as many mods available for it overseas... The people that say the KA is a truck motor are fools... end of story... the KA24E (SOHC used on the 240 in 89-90) was shared with the Nissan KingCab and the Nissan Stanza a few years down the road... however the DOHC has NEVER been used in a truck... oh well...

oh, and i've never autocrossed... still got a little more work to do on the suspension before i dare autocross... the parts are in my room, just gotta install em...

my car has no where near the mods that Orrin's does, so i'm just not gonna list em:D

RCBVtec
09-06-2002, 10:28 AM
the parts are in my room, just gotta install em...

surprise surprise :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

HOK
09-06-2002, 01:36 PM
do any of you guys know someone with a purple S14 conversion... i beleive it has the skyline rear lights or something similar... i raced him and he seemed like a good guy... i wanted to talk to him... but memorial is not a good place to stop...

AaronS13
09-06-2002, 02:53 PM
purple S14 conversion? news to me....

HOK
09-06-2002, 03:04 PM
asian dude... nice body kit round brake lights... surprised no one has talked about this guy...

SaskS14
09-06-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by HOK
asian dude... nice body kit round brake lights... surprised no one has talked about this guy...

What kind of S14 conversion are you talking about? I am assuming it is an S15 front end.

thich
09-06-2002, 11:23 PM
i think i've passed by this car b4 too.. but i didn't notice it.
from what my little brother told me at the time, it had an i/c and it was an MCS14... had an aggressive kit and was fast.. we passed it on Glenmore like about a year ago.

maybe we should all list all known "highly" modified 240s in town so we can figure out who's who.
i know someone has a CA18 in town; anyone seen the blueish/purple 240 hatch w/ the 180sx typeX rear lights yet? that is a nice car. ... has an SR20 in it i believe.
then there is the white S14 in the NE here.
Orrin's car...
who else is running sweet 240s w/ t/c's?

HOK
09-07-2002, 01:46 AM
yea thich describes it perfectly. really aggressive kit... quite fast too.. i'd say low 14 sec car.. judging by our race... but i really liked it it was clean and nicely done... he looked at my car and starting shaking his head, then i asked him silva conversion and he said yes and pointed to his wrist... and speeded off..

4wheeldrift
09-07-2002, 07:53 AM
The people that say the KA is a truck motor are fools... end of story... the KA24E (SOHC used on the 240 in 89-90) was shared with the Nissan KingCab and the Nissan Stanza a few years down the road... however the DOHC has NEVER been used in a truck... oh well... They're not calling it a truck engine because it was used in trucks, they're calling a truck engine because of the way it delivers power. Sporty imports generally tend to be high revving creatures, and the KA24 just doesn't deliver the kind of thrust you'd expect in a car like that. Its cammed for low and mid range torque, not ripping top end. The 240 is in good company though, there are lots of canadian and us models that got saddled with engines that are good, but the ones available in the japanese models are that much better (the Impreza RS is another example).

thich
09-07-2002, 01:51 PM
I think a having an n/a 240 that is properly tuned to around 200hp would make a sweet autoX car.
good tq and altho "not so cule" top-end, I personally think it'd be pretty neat for that type of motorsport.

yea thich describes it perfectly. really aggressive kit... quite fast too.. i'd say low 14 sec car.. judging by our race... but i really liked it it was clean and nicely done... he looked at my car and starting shaking his head, then i asked him silva conversion and he said yes and pointed to his wrist... and speeded off..

i haven't seen it since nor have heard about it .. even from my friend who has one of the fastest 240s in town.
perhaps he lives in the SW/NW cuz I'm in the NE area and never see it around

SaskS14
09-09-2002, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by HOK

I am sorry if i am being ignorant here. But what exactly made it a 'Silvia' conversion? Sounds like it was just a '97 or '98 240SX.

HOK
09-09-2002, 12:32 PM
i don't know maybe because i asked him if it was a silvia conversion and he said yes? it had a turbo and was faster then any 240 i've ever seen,,, i 've never seen it since either?