PDA

View Full Version : RX8 with FD turbo motor

LUDELVR
05-13-2010, 10:39 PM
I was just cruising home on Macleod when I spotted a nicely done up RX8 and as I drove past him, he slowly faded in the mirrors only for me to hear a down shift and the spooling of a turbo a he flew by.

I pulled up to the blockbuster on Macleod to get some movies and he pulled in behind me. Had a chat with the guy and he seemed like a chilled out bloke and popped his hood and low and behold, there lay the heart of an FD RX7 beating with a single turbo.

I had no idea that people with the 8's re doing this swap. Are the RX8 motors that shitty or what's the deal? :dunno:

Either way, he said he's familiar with beyod as well so just givig some props for a nicely done up 8 mate! :thumbsup:

redsrt4
05-13-2010, 10:43 PM
any pics of the car??

btimbit
05-13-2010, 10:45 PM
Sounds good to me. :thumbsup: I'm not a fan of RX-8's, I personally would have stuck with an FD. I like that swap though.

LUDELVR
05-13-2010, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by redsrt4
any pics of the car??

Nah, I didn't have my cam with me. :(

1-Bar
05-13-2010, 11:01 PM
was it a blue RX8 by chance?!?

A3GTiVR6SC
05-13-2010, 11:12 PM
I think i know who you are talkin about...
Was it a black one with deep dish 19's, lip kit? mid-eastern owner?

LUDELVR
05-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by A3GTiVR6SC
I think i know who you are talkin about...
Was it a black one with deep dish 19's, lip kit? mid-eastern owner?

This is the one. Carbon fiber pillar pod, bonnet, boot lid lip spoiler, side diffusers, and rear diffusers with some big as rims...and of course the engine.

I was actually pretty impressed at how clean the car was. He said that he had just taken out today and it's been in storage for ages. I reckon you'll be seeing this car more and more as the days get nicer!

A3GTiVR6SC
05-13-2010, 11:31 PM
Yea.. It's the only rx-8 i give credit to in town.. He turbo'd his original motor before he realized the FD motor could hold up much better under boost, then switched it out. I think it's pushin around 450-500~whp.(last i heared). Hopefuly he posts a blog/build thread about it on here soon..:drool:

LUDELVR
05-13-2010, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by A3GTiVR6SC
Yea.. It's the only rx-8 i give credit to in town.. He turbo'd his original motor before he realized the FD motor could hold up much better under boost, then switched it out. I thinkin it's pushin around 450-500~whp. Hopefuly he posts a blog/build thread about it on here soon..:drool:

Yup, that's exactly what he said. He turbo'd the original motor but it was a fairly weak platform to boost so he brought this to a guy in BC (I think that's what he said) and it's pushing around 450.

But I agree with you 100%, this is the nicest 8 I've seen in town. :thumbsup:

ekguy
05-13-2010, 11:35 PM
I hope I have the pleasure of seeing this thing. I love anything powered by rotors. I've seen a 20b swapped one on rx7club.

Sentry
05-13-2010, 11:41 PM
Anything's better than the reneshit.