PDA

View Full Version : Jaun Pablo Stays With Williams

turkeysilk
08-31-2002, 07:39 PM
Juan Pablo Montoya will continue racing for the Williams-BMW team until the end of 2004.

"I have no doubt that both Williams and BMW are completely determined and have the will to win a championship title," said Montoya. "That is why I am delighted to be racing for them."

Too bad the team isn't getting rid of Ralf and picking up someone like Jenson Button. I have a great deal of confidence in Juan, but I don't think that Ralf is a top 6 driver.

4wheeldrift
08-31-2002, 07:49 PM
Now, if only Juan could hold the car together and lay off the chili-dogs, BMW might have a chance :D

Ralf has the potential to be every bit as good as big brother, but he's lacking the experience and consistency at the moment to be a major force in F1. Give him a couple of years and he'll be a driver to watch for sure.

92 Teg-B18A
08-31-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by turkeysilk
Too bad the team isn't getting rid of Ralf and picking up someone like Jenson Button. I have a great deal of confidence in Juan, but I don't think that Ralf is a top 6 driver.

Button is still under contract to Williams, he is just on loan to Renault and then another team next year (I forget which one?)

I do agree that Williams should ditch Ralph and pick up someone else. Perhaps Heinz Herald Frentzen, he's quite talented but doesn't seem to have a ride at the moment

silverEJ8
09-01-2002, 04:18 AM
Juan Pablo has the "balls" that you need to win a championship, so does that youngster Kimi Raikannen, man I still remember that battle he had with Montoya back a few races ago.

LaserRS
09-01-2002, 07:58 PM
Ralf looks pretty good compared to all others in the point standings, but along with all the others, pales in comparison to the big Shoe. I think its more of Mike being to good rather than the rest of the driversor cars being that bad.