PDA

View Full Version : FS 1991 GTi 16v....AGAIN!! (cheaper)

maximus
12-11-2003, 01:26 AM
X-mas time worst time but I'll try anyway. Spread the word. I'll still probably have it for couple months as I am not wasting my $$ to advertise in Autotrader during x-mas.

1991 Golf GTi 16v
-Paint in awesome shape for a car this old. Chips here and there mostly on hood.
-167 XXX original kms
-always maintained with recipts from day one (2nd owner)
-FK KoniGsport coilovers (fully adjustable height and dampness w/ koni inserts and lifetime warrenty) not even year old
-full interior redo with new black carpet and door cards from older 16v (black w/red stripe)
-Sparco Torinos in red with black accents
-driver side harness
-momo millenium wheel
-momo sphere knob and leather boot
-17" BBS RK wheels
-Autotech chip only engine mod
-Remus after cat system
-FK wheel spacers
-little bits here and there like red tails, eybrow spolier, red calipers, mono wiper etc.
The wheels and interior are brand new as they were bought end of august. 1000kms on them if that.
This car is in extremely good condition. Only rust is tiny bit by the right taillight thats it! Pampered like crazy! Bought it last summer with 161000 kms.

Recent mechanical work:
New sachs clutch put in last summer (grips like crazy), new rear pagid brake pads, rad flush, new thermostat, ignition coil and high performance wire.
Didn't drive it last winter. This winter drove it couple times when I couldn't bum a ride to school. Washed after every drive this winter.

I'm taking a huge loss on this. Asking $10900 complete with everything. Steal considering I paid $8900 last summer stock and just the coilovers cost $1800.

Will sell less without coilovers and/or rims. Serious inquiries only.
Thanks

MAX

*edit by Ben*

Here are some pics:

http://www.virgeweb.com/Ben/psylence/VWMinimeet092903/images/IMG_0031.JPG
http://www.virgeweb.com/Ben/psylence/VWMinimeet092903/images/IMG_0025.JPG

itsnotaDUB
12-11-2003, 02:39 AM
Bumpidy Bump Bump

CRX-R
12-11-2003, 02:58 AM
Very nice looking GTI, Very clean and looks excellent :thumbsup:
Free Bump

bighead411
12-11-2003, 08:34 PM
i love this generation golf, it's looks so classy just wondering they've A/C or not? and are they power everything? well, if it's with A/C i may consider own one, the main concern for me is maintaince problem since i heard alot of maintaince problem.

hjr
12-11-2003, 08:54 PM
the 16v GTi's came with A/C and mostly power everything. EDIT: ah ha!!!! Wrong again Adam!!!! Quit being a d-bag, just cause your A2 16v has these items doesnt mean all of them do. Thanks for fighting my ignorance Maximus.

maximus
12-11-2003, 09:24 PM
No AC and no power windows. Not all came with AC. Most Golfs that I've seen don't have power windows. I've only seen one 16v with power and that was on a GTX (Jetta). All sorts of horror stories with central locking and window regulators. Mine has Cruise and everything else. You don't want AC on these. Robs power. Most people take them out when thy buy these cars. I would have!

For maintenance it has been pretty good. Other than oil changes and tune ups, if you don't drive the shit out of them every time they are good. They only thing you have to watch is the timing belt as its an interference engine so if it snaps you've got trouble. I don't know where they get their bad rep. I thought so too thats why I was reluctant to give my 8v tank for this. Looking back this hasn't been any worse. Plus if you can turn a wrench you can do most yourself.

The whole driving experience is what these cars are about. Even if something does go you'll have no problem getting it fixed because they're soo damn fun!

I suggest if you're in the market next summer try and find one that was taken care of and with AC. You'll love it! I'll be happy to give you tips on what to look for.
:thumbsup:
MAX

edit: Actually dosn't itsnotadub's have AC?? Maybe he's still selling his. Send him a pm.

itsnotaDUB
12-12-2003, 02:19 AM
yep i got A/C, may sell.... someones gotta buy this car if not for anything else the sound, damn this sounds good with teh remus....

Ben
12-12-2003, 02:43 AM
My car plus cash?

maximus
12-12-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by itsnotaDUB
yep i got A/C, may sell.... someones gotta buy this car if not for anything else the sound, damn this sounds good with teh remus....

HAHAHA....ya the remus definately sounds sweet!! I am so pleased with the sound and performance I will never buy any other exhaust!

BTW Does your car have power windows?

Originally posted by Ben
My car plus cash?
I'm really looking for the cash. Got some to hold me over right now but I'll be needing the cash real soon. Tuition in Jan, x-mas, not to mention bills......

Nobody bought your car yet? If yours won't sell mine won't. :(
If it was summer I'm sure they would go overnight, but I don't think I can wait that long.

itsnotaDUB
12-13-2003, 03:15 AM
nope no power windows, or doors... i dont think its to typical in the 16v

Ben
12-14-2003, 01:59 PM
its truly a tough time to sll right now man, aside from the brutal lowballing (2k :rolleyes:) I havent had too many ups. I'm going to repair the car a smuch as pissible over the winter and then try again in the spring. Wsh there was more I could help you out with but everyone seems to be poor right now.

maximus
12-14-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

What he say? Was it a flame? I love those!!
:D

Ya everyone seems to be poor. I don't want to put it in the autotrader so close to x-mas and waste another $50. Hey Ben, do you have a for sale sign in your window? Put two up today and got two calls just driving it for 20 mins. Unfortunately they were people with no idea what a 16v was and when I said $8000 they almost fainted I think!! You may have more luck as yours is cheaper.
:thumbsup:

itsnotaDUB
12-15-2003, 02:38 AM
$8000, thats kinda cheap isnt it... even without the FK's, or Sparko seats.... damn dude you must be strapped.....

maximus
12-17-2003, 01:33 AM
OEM BBS NOT available.

sexfarker
01-02-2004, 03:29 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Golf IV
01-04-2004, 01:51 AM
bump for fast car/pimpmobile. marsh check out this rocket.

Seanith
01-04-2004, 02:10 PM
How much power do these make?

itsnotaDUB
01-04-2004, 05:34 PM
factory they are about 120hp. with hp/weight ratio these are damn fast. if you have never been in one go for a test drive and you will fall in love..

Extc69
01-21-2004, 12:04 AM
is the car still for sale ???

maximus
01-21-2004, 04:07 PM
Yes. If you need any additional info feel free to pm me.

silverEL
02-12-2004, 01:39 AM
still for sale?
any pics?
the other ones dont work

itsnotaDUB
02-12-2004, 02:22 AM

02-12-2004, 02:59 PM
how much would u sell it for without rims seats and steering wheel

ChadL
02-14-2004, 12:35 PM
pm sent, interrested!

Golf IV
02-16-2004, 03:22 PM
nice car is it still for sale?

maximus
03-06-2004, 03:11 PM
OK heres the deal:
I had a buyer but the bank just took away his loan yesterday. Took out the Sparcos for him (took all day shoulda kept his deposit!) but he can't get the cash. I'm kinda pissed because I had to tell like 5 people that it was sold. Oh well shit happens...

So the car is still for sale STOCK. The Reacros are back in and the coilovers are coming out tonight. It was inspected last week and everything is fine. The only problem is that one engine mount has to be replaced soon (around $200) as will the rear shocks soon.

The price: $6900. That is taking into account the two issues and includes the after-cat Remus exhaust. It is more than fair for this type and condition of car. Its a steal and is priced to sell. No trades. If you have $6500 don't PM me, if you have $6850 don't pm me either. I'm not trying to be rude but I don't want to waste anymore time with people that don't have the cash, trying to gather some money blah blah blah. Basically Serious inquiries only and the first $6900 in my hand gets the car.

The car looks like this but will be about 3 inches higher!
http://www.ucalgary.ca/~mborrell/golff.JPG
I will try and get some pics of interior and when the car is stock height tomorrow. And the kms are now 171,000.