PDA

View Full Version : At Calgary BMW...

Hakkola
05-15-2010, 12:52 PM
I found out that employees are not allowed access to Beyond.ca

I brought the car in on Monday, hand him the key with my Beyond.ca lanyard, and he removes the lanyard saying, "We're not going to need this."

Discuss.

I've had a job at Mercedes so I know it's better to take a key without one, but I found it funny in a Morrisette irony kind of way.

e31
05-15-2010, 12:59 PM
I wonder if they would do the same thing if someone had one of Tomco's beyond.ca keychains?

I personally would take off the lanyard just because of the propensity for that kind of thing to get dirty.

Hakkola
05-15-2010, 01:01 PM
I like my beyond lanyard dirty, it reminds me of Ask Leo.

T-Dubbs
05-15-2010, 01:21 PM
there were complaints on beyond about calgary bmw, back when rage2 has his m3 there, and someone was out bagging on it.
perhaps its related?

dirtsniffer
05-15-2010, 01:24 PM
probably cause they dont want employees wasting countless hours on the site... i know i did when i worked there, and managment knew of the site and frowned upon people visiting it. it is logical they had the IT guy block it

Redlyne_mr2
05-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Full access here at BMW Gallery.

Hakkola
05-15-2010, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by T-Dubbs
there were complaints on beyond about calgary bmw, back when rage2 has his m3 there, and someone was out bagging on it.
perhaps its related?

I live on here, that is the reason, plus all the other bashing that goes against them.

Hakkola
05-15-2010, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Full access here at BMW Gallery.

Probably monitored? I'm just going by what an employee said. Maybe not true then, I just thought it was a funny story.

Redlyne_mr2
05-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

Probably monitored? I'm just going by what an employee said. Maybe not true then, I just thought it was a funny story.
Yah all dealership/company internet systems are monitored to some extent. As for the lanyard, the service advisor removes them because it cluters up the board where they hang your keys. :)

Hakkola
05-15-2010, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Yah all dealership/company internet systems are monitored to some extent. As for the lanyard, the service advisor removes them because it cluters up the board where they hang your keys. :)

I know, I worked at Hyatt Mercedes way back when.

Aleks
05-15-2010, 04:58 PM
What purpose do landayrds serve? Or is it just for looks?

G-ZUS
05-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

Just for shits and giggles

Chantastic
05-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Whenever I drop my car off anywhere I only give them the key to the car and that's it, nothing else attached. Alot of the times you see them being clipped to clipboards and whatnot and I figured it was just courteous to take it off so it isn't in the way...

wintonyk
05-16-2010, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

I like my work keys on a lanyard so I don't lose em its much easier to find a large piece of fabric than to dig around for a single key