PDA

View Full Version : Cancelling service with Shaw

bignerd
05-16-2010, 10:15 AM
If anyone cancels your services with Shaw, the customer service agent tried telling me they needed 30 days notice to cancel and will bill you for another month from the date of notice.

I looked on their site while she was talking to me and their own terms and service state they will only bill you to the end of your current cycle. I pointed out it said nothing about 30 days, she told me "Yes it does, its under Customer Initiated Termination!" which is what I was looking at....

She put me on a looooong hold and came back, convieniently Shaw just changed their Terms of Use this week!!! And I will only be billed to the end of my current cycle not another 30 days...

Pihsiak
05-16-2010, 10:22 AM
9. Customer-Initiated Termination

1. You may terminate the Services for any reason at any time by notifying Shaw of your desire to terminate. Such termination shall take effect upon the expiration of the then current billing cycle. Since you would have paid for the Services you are terminating in advance up to the next billing cycle date, no credit or refund will be payable in respect of such terminated Services and you will remain responsible to pay any charges due and payable as of the date of termination.

http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca/AboutShaw/TermsofUse/JointTermsofService.htm#q9

Kaos
05-16-2010, 10:26 AM
I thought this was a given? Any company you cancel services with, you have to give a 30 day notice.

Isaiah
05-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Considering Shaw doesn't have contracts, 30 days is a lot less than you'd be on the hook for with most other service providers.

ExtraSlow
05-16-2010, 10:57 AM
:hijack: sorta, kinda, somewhat related, but can do do shaw phone and internet without TV? The TV is the part I use the least, and it costs the most.
torrents plus WDTV live is about all I need.

Pihsiak
05-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
:hijack: sorta, kinda, somewhat related, but can do do shaw phone and internet without TV? The TV is the part I use the least, and it costs the most.

http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca/ProductsServices/BundlesAndPricing/default.htm

build your own pricing thing and then call them to see what intro promos they have.

Tik-Tok
05-17-2010, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow

Yes. If you aren't a current customer, I'd wait until they had a deal on. I don't have TV, and am currently getting Extreme for $20/month (for 1 year), and they keep sending me offers for phone that's half price as well.