PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Music?

Melinda
12-11-2003, 12:02 PM
I just found out a friend of mine is going on vacation to spain in the new year and she's not entirely sure what to expect when she gets there. She's a huge music buff so I was thinking of getting her a couple of spanish CD's for christmas but I have no idea what's any good. Any spanish lovers out there know some good reccomendations (that wont be too hard to find?)

AquamosH
12-11-2003, 02:01 PM
What kind of Spanish music are you looking for? Salsa, Merengue, traditional?

If you want traditional type go with the Gypsey Kings, and some other older music would be Julio Iglesias.

If you want faster stuff like salsa, get her Jerry Rivera or Kumbia Kings. I would also suggest this other group called Fulanito, but you probably wouldn't be able to find their albums here. Juan Luis Guerra and Chayanne are pretty good for a mix of slow and fast spanish music. Luis Miguel for slower, balad type music.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head that should be easy to find in Canada.

Melinda
12-11-2003, 02:19 PM
Hey thanks! That should definately be a good starting point :)

AquamosH
12-11-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Melinda
Hey thanks! That should definately be a good starting point :)

Np, also look into Eddie Santiago and Celia Cruz. Great music from them.

Melinda
12-11-2003, 02:26 PM
Thanks! Do you have a personal favorite that I should consider over the others? I think i'm only getting her one or two of these CD's

AquamosH
12-11-2003, 02:29 PM
Definitely Jerry Rivera. You can find samples of his songs at this link (thinking of picking up this cd myself):

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&dept=0&WLBS=fsweb11&sku_id=0665000FSM1872169&catid=&newdeptid=16

GTS Jeff
12-11-2003, 02:34 PM
theres an annoying pop song from a year ago by las ketchup called asereje

or the ketchup song in english

Melinda
12-11-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by AquamosH
Definitely Jerry Rivera. You can find samples of his songs at this link (thinking of picking up this cd myself):

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&dept=0&WLBS=fsweb11&sku_id=0665000FSM1872169&catid=&newdeptid=16
Thanks so much! :)

3g4me
12-11-2003, 02:46 PM
Gypsey Kings:thumbsup:

K271
12-11-2003, 09:24 PM
Depending on where you go in Spain, it's pretty cool. If you have any questions let me know. I toured Spain two summers ago performing in concert halls, but I did some serious partying. Remember the morning i woke up on the beach, still drunk, and with out my hotel key card.

Let me know where your friend is going and I'll share what I know about the area. In terms of music, you'd be surprised but they listen to the same stuff as we do, they have Spanish radio channels but most are playing American pop songs.

el_fefes
12-12-2003, 01:47 AM
that question needs to be more specific, there's probably as much spanish music out there as english music, it's all about what the person likes...i could help if u give me genres.

tegdream
12-13-2003, 03:05 PM
Gypsy Kings dfinately

also check masspool.com and their SPnaish charts for artist names!