PDA

View Full Version : S13 random overheating!! pls help

dsilvia89
05-17-2010, 02:28 PM
hey so ive got a 1989 nissan silvia with the original ca18de n/a
( sadly) anyways this engine has never once showed me any problems! ive changed the starter and that its. but yesterday as im driving out to an open lot the temp gauge just jumped up. so i immediately pulled over and checked my fluids. oil is still good and it doesnt ever ever burn oil or use any for that matter, the antifreeze overflow was a little low but still sitting on the minimum mark so i dont know whats up.
today when i drove to work i made it about 1.5 km before it did it again. i dont know whats goin on... any nissan guys who have any advice, anything! pls help. thanks alot

- it doesnt feel like it runs any differently when the temp gauge goes up
- my heater blew very hot air before yesterday
-today it blows cold on high heat :S
thermostat? anyone kno where to buy one for a rhd silvia?
and/or could something else be wrong??

gretz
05-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Lowww coolant.

don't go by your overflow, go by your rad... when its cold lol

you may have a leak (edit n/a)
if its blowing cold when the heat is on, there isn't any coolant going through your heater core - usually happens when you are down... way down

dsilvia89
05-17-2010, 03:30 PM
i dont have a turbo...
but i think you may be right, my over flow gives me bad vibes ha

dsilvia89
05-18-2010, 05:17 PM
so i found the leak. i believe its leaking from the heater hose..
anyone know how to change one? and the process of doing so?
looks like its goin to be a pain in my ass

911fever
05-19-2010, 09:33 AM
it's got to be a hose issue imo, check to make sure they are all sealed properly and there's no cracks?

n1zm0
05-19-2010, 09:39 AM
if its anything like an SRs heater motor hose, its 2 prebent 3/8s hoses or something? i made mine work with some 90deg brass fittings/silicon and more hose (whatever they use for washing machines) all found at home depot, cost me about $4 and has held up for 4 years lol

dsilvia89
05-19-2010, 11:49 AM
right on haha. i dont know how similar it is to an sr but its in
a really stupid location.. down a bit behind the block a little over the tran, just a perf location to piss ya off!! its gunna be a pain to change