PDA

View Full Version : PINK SLIP TICKET question

FreakinPrince
05-17-2010, 08:03 PM
Hey there

i got a pink slip ticket for speeding

ofc the cps put a check beside the option of court apperance required.

my question is, when i go in, will they give me another date that i have to appear in front of the judge or am i going to see the judge anyways to resolve this?

thanks

Team_Mclaren
05-17-2010, 08:06 PM
The date listed is the date you have to appear in front of the judge, unless you request for a new date.

FreakinPrince
05-17-2010, 08:16 PM
Thanks

any advise on how i should speak to the judge or anything i shouldn't be saying or doing when i am in front of the judge?

rage2
05-17-2010, 08:23 PM
I'd let a lawyer do the talking. Pink tickets with no lawyers has a huge chance of suspension.

50 over? hehe

slinkie
05-17-2010, 08:24 PM
don't dress like trash

94boosted
05-17-2010, 08:24 PM
Being honest and apologetic is a start. If you can afford a traffic fighting agency get one as a pink slip carries a hefty fine and quite a few demerits.

FreakinPrince
05-17-2010, 08:57 PM
what traffic agency is out there??

about how much would those cost me?

thanks

Shlade
05-17-2010, 09:03 PM
Points is always good. My girlfriends dad always uses them and their great.

I Shouldnt say always but hes used them a few times for stupid tickets and its gone really good!

rage2
05-17-2010, 09:07 PM
The reason pink tickets have no $ amount on them is because when you go to court, the judge determines the fines. It gets pretty up there without a lawyer, and more often than not, ends in a suspension as well.

Team_Mclaren
05-17-2010, 09:12 PM
you can call pointts but i have been turned down by them to do a pink ticket before or they want something like 2k to represent me. fuck them.

Dont get your hopes up, you should be happy with anything that doesnt include a suspension.

sheik_yerbouti
05-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Maybe you deserve a suspension, take some time off driving and learn to hate Calgary Transit.

StreetRacerX
05-17-2010, 09:21 PM
Well regardless, give Points a call to see how they will do, without going into too much detail I used them when I wrecked my Avenger and the officer gave me a ticket for excessive rate of speed which was worth 4 demerits I believe. I used Points and he knocked it down to not driving in the center of a marked lane, AND on top of that they had a defensive driving course promotion which was free if I signed up for them, and that was worth 3 freaking merits. It only cost me $200, which was a bit less then the original fine and they knocked 2 or 3 demerits off the fine when it was reduced.

wes_v
05-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by sheik_yerbouti
Maybe you deserve a suspension, take some time off driving and learn to hate Calgary Transit.
WTF... As rage 2 said you should probably get a lawyer.

FreakinPrince
05-17-2010, 09:58 PM
i don't think i can afford a lawyer...i am only working part time to meet my ends...

i need the car in order to do my job... stupid i know...i do regret it no doubt

hmmm

TorqueDog
05-17-2010, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by sheik_yerbouti
Maybe you deserve a suspension, take some time off driving and learn to hate Calgary Transit. Yes, because every ticket handed out for driving offenses is a legitimate one. :rolleyes: Go troll elsewhere.

rage2
05-17-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by FreakinPrince
i don't think i can afford a lawyer...i am only working part time to meet my ends...
It's only a little more expensive if you compare what fines you get without a lawyer.

theken
05-17-2010, 10:14 PM
He said he regrets it obviously he was in the wrong. All u fucking idiots now are gonna blames cps. Hmm go catch a rapist instead of pulling over a guy doing 50 over.

Either try to explain u need your license if u cannot afford a lawyer or get pointts. U have those 2 options take em or leave em

TorqueDog
05-17-2010, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by theken
He said he regrets it obviously he was in the wrong. All u fucking idiots now are gonna blames cps. Hmm go catch a rapist instead of pulling over a guy doing 50 over.

Either try to explain u need your license if u cannot afford a lawyer or get pointts. U have those 2 options take em or leave em Dawg, we ain't gonna blames the CPS no way, no how.

Okay, I'm sorry, but you have to start speaking English if you want to join in the conversation with the rest of the adults. Seriously, that was awful.

Cos
05-17-2010, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
Dawg, we ain't gonna blames the CPS no way, no how.

Okay, I'm sorry, but you have to start speaking English if you want to join in the conversation with the rest of the adults. Seriously, that was awful.

ohhhh OG fight.....

theken
05-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Typing from my phone. Sentence makes perfect sense I am just used to typing bbm style

syeve
05-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Might shoot for a restricted license if you need your car for work. Allowed to drive in the day, to and from work only. depends on the severity of the infraction.

TorqueDog
05-18-2010, 01:43 PM
Typing from my phone. Sentence makes perfect sense I am just used to typing bbm style Get a Pearl 9100 when it's released and use SureType. QWERTY models don't have predictive. :p

max_boost
05-18-2010, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
Dawg, we ain't gonna blames the CPS no way, no how.

This is Beyond. No need to speak English on here.:D

ercchry
05-18-2010, 02:08 PM
how much over 50 over were you going?

when i was 18 (like less than a week after my 18th b-day) i got a 139 in a 80... pink ticket... still on my GDL with 5 demerits racked up over the past 2 years prior.... fucked right?

nooope

you will be amazed how long you can stretch out your trial date. i waited till a ticket came off my record and till i had a chance to go get my full license... at this point i had sold my "sports car" and was driving a grandpa sedan, so when i went in i said i had learned my lesson, sold the car... drive a slow automatic sedan, etc, etc... walked out with a ticket for 40 over and like a $250 fine...

ps if you are a GDL driver by chance and get a suspension you have to wait a year before you can take the test

TheBoss
05-21-2010, 10:37 PM
i got one today going 60 over the speed limit... great :/

FreakinPrince
05-21-2010, 10:58 PM
went to pointts and signed up with them

so waiting for them to go to my court date and they will let me know what happened

bignerd
05-21-2010, 11:12 PM

Either try to explain u need your license if u cannot afford a lawyer or get pointts. U have those 2 options take em or leave em

Well everyone regrets if after they've been caught and given the possibility of losing their license and/or a large fine...

calgarydub
05-23-2010, 07:44 AM
Last September I got my first ticket for anything after 4 years of driving. A nice 53 over ticket (felt more like 30 over but he's the expert right? :) ) in Banff by an RCMP who confused the scent of Vanillaroma Air freshener with marijuana :rolleyes: It was truly unbelievable that he had the balls to accuse me of such when I don't touch the stuff, and am very much against any sort of intoxication while operating a vehicle.

However, to get back to the main topic , I called points. The guy I spoke with was a jerk right from the start, saying things like "Well why were you going that fast?!!" and treating me like a scumbag over the telephone, sounding annoyed and bothered with having to take my call.

Upon doing some research for some alternatives I found web traffic law. Not only were they very helpful, they were extremely friendly and understanding and offered a better price than points too.

I won't get any more specific here, but PM if you'd like to know more.

To sum up my experience and the outcome of my mistake, I ended up having to upgrade my license from a GDL, as well as pay a fine, with 4 demerits. I did not get a suspension though.

I learned my lesson (not that I was driving dangerously as the flow of traffic was quite close to my speed, not really realizing it, I just happened to stick out I suppose):

1. Mistakes are expensive
2. Don't speed in Banff National Park

Here is their website, they do mostly over the phone/e-mail correspondence and it saved me a lot of hassle of having to go to Canmore for the appearance.

http://webtrafficlaw.com/media.php

Let me know if you have any more questions before talking with them I would be happy to help.

EDIT: Missed your post about going with points... Oh well this is out there for everyone else to see I guess...

LEGiiT
05-23-2010, 03:35 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/303597/best-ticket-fighting-agency-out-there/