PDA

View Full Version : New stereo for CRX

Tuneman1985
12-11-2003, 02:44 PM
Decision made. Stock cassette player and two front 5 1/4's just doesn't cut it. I wanna get new speakers all around (4), new CD deck, and possibly a sub and amp. I'm not sure what I should get and thought I could avoid some sale-pitch :bullshit: here. Any help appreciated.

That.Guy.S30
12-11-2003, 04:35 PM
sorry but your goin to have to go to the local steroe places and listen to them. remember to bring in your favorite cd!
most decks are the same.. but i try to avoid panasonic.. people on beyond are goin to tell you either alpine or pioneer. maybe becuase they are baised.
for speakers.. there are different kind of speakers you might want to look into.. conponents are speakers with seperate tweetwers and a crossover(more expensive), and coaxils are speakers with built in tweeters (less expensive).. also there are several brands out there.. such as clarion, jbl, infinity, alpine, mb quarts, jl, phoenix gold, etc.. etc.. and depending on your budget you can narrow it down real fast.
sub and amp same thing as above.. the one i have.. which is probably the one of the best deals fro watts/$$ ratio are the jbl amps. they can be found dirt cheap on some websites and ebay. so you might want to go to places like sounddomain.com to check out reveiws and stuff man.. gl!

p.s. do a search on here, and youll find some good threads

Deetz
12-11-2003, 04:47 PM
I've owned a few crx's, and thought i'd givr my 2 cents. First, buy the best amp you can afford, there are many good ones out there, i have owned about 20 different brands over the years, but Rockford and MTX are my favorite for the money. Go with the higher end models, you won't be disappointed! 4 & 5 channel models make wiring a piece of cake if you want to save some money.
As far as speakers go, get a good set of components, between 5 and 6 1/2 inches in size. The rear is more or less surround, so just get a set of 6" mids, no tweeters, you don't want to pull back the imaging.
There are a whole wack of good decks out there. My favorites for the money would be either Alpine or Clarion.

Hope this helps.

Deetz

rio_rex
12-11-2003, 06:38 PM
I would get a cheap deck for around $150 and some good quality pioneer 6 1/2's round. A sub would be nice, but i would recomend getting a good alarm before you really start putting anything nice in.;)