PDA

View Full Version : Emocore/Hardcore Music

elimit
12-11-2003, 05:03 PM
hey,
you guys, just curous if we got any emocore/hardcore fans, scene freaks...etc... sort of a new style of music that sort of emerged about 2-3 years ago ... its popping up everywhere; bands such as:

-hopesfall
-poison the well
-from autumn to ashes
-silverstein
-atreyu
-alexisonfire
-stutterfly
-coheed and cambria
-more

anyone?

lemoni
12-11-2003, 06:22 PM
Yeah some of that stuff is pretty cool and i think from autumn to ashes is pretty badass.

EK 2.0
12-11-2003, 06:23 PM
What kind of music is that??

KoukiS14
12-11-2003, 06:35 PM
Ive heard Poison the Well and Alexisonfire, not really my thing.

Its kinda punk/alternative. You kinda have to listen to it.

elimit
12-11-2003, 06:39 PM
umm .... think about this
deftones and dashboard confessional mixed into one...
its a really good combo .... i used to be a wigger kid... then i herd poison the well ..and i turned into a hardcore indie band junkie... i goto shows whenever i can .. lol ... its like an addiction or somthing... really good music.....

Some Suggestions
Hopesfall - Decoys like Curves
Hopesfall - End of an Era
Atreyu - Lipgloss and Black
Atreyu - Aint love Grand
From Autumn to Ashes - Chloroform Perfume
From Autumn to Ashes - Take Her To The Music Store
Poison the Well - Botchla
Poison the Well - Nerdy
Alexisonfire(CDN!!) - Polaroids of Polarbears
Alexisonfire(CDN!!) - Adelleda
Coheed and Cambria - The Crowing
Coheed and Cambria - Devil in Jersey City

Coheed and cambria are my fav band right now cause i respect them for not sounding like any other band... and the singer had an awesome voice...

Try somthing new, try emo :)

elimit
12-11-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by NismoS14
Ive heard Poison the Well and Alexisonfire, not really my thing.

Its kinda punk/alternative. You kinda have to listen to it.

yeah but at least you gotta sick ride.... s14 eh? so you got the SR20DET?? my friends has one with the KA Truck motor ... same color..same rims as you.... really like those cars...

three.eighteen.
12-12-2003, 03:35 AM
so its like emo-bitchpunk...but with lots of heavy metal screaming?

elimit
12-12-2003, 07:13 AM
bitch punk ? good one man .... actually theres nothing really punk about it... but thanks for your contribution. you cool guy :thumbsup:

legendboy
12-12-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by elimit
Coheed and cambria are my fav band right now cause i respect them for not sounding like any other band... and the singer had an awesome voice...

Try somthing new, try emo :)

I was listening to them at school the other day, they sould pretty good.

-250-
12-13-2003, 11:58 PM
Liquid TenSion Experiment = best heavy metal instumental band (Keyboard action!!!!!)

three.eighteen.
12-14-2003, 07:01 PM
bitch punk ? good one man .... actually theres nothing really punk about it... but thanks for your contribution. you cool guy :thumbsup:

i just call it bitch punk cus i cannot stand the lyrical content of some emo (how the hell can ppl be so mushy?) and no im not some expert on the subject, but last time i checked im entitled to an opinion...im sorry i hurt your feelings

three.eighteen.
12-14-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by -250-
Liquid TenSion Experiment = best heavy metal instumental band (Keyboard action!!!!!)

isnt it mostly dream theatre? i've heard some of this and its intense

elimit
12-14-2003, 07:55 PM
really the only difference is in lyrics .... ..
instead of yelling and screaming about how your gonna kill your parents and eat the family cat.... there yelling and screaming about a busted up relationship, tragedy etc...

elimit
12-14-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.

i just call it bitch punk cus i cannot stand the lyrical content of some emo (how the hell can ppl be so mushy?) and no im not some expert on the subject, but last time i checked im entitled to an opinion...im sorry i hurt your feelings

i didnt come here to start a fiight, no, your not an expert, so stop talking like you are ...

bigboom
12-15-2003, 11:48 AM
is weezer still considered emocore? i thought they used to be classified as that...

elimit
12-15-2003, 11:51 PM
i think weezer is punk now... not too sure....

----

here are some Atreyu Lyrics.... if this aint EMO i dunno what is ..lol

"Crystal clear I see the rose is frail,
the thorns hid easily in its beauty, as I go to grasp it in my hand
My heart is torn beating from my chest
Let me be captivated, by your beauty
Then let me fall from your grace, unto my broken knees
Close my eyes so tightly, the tears are welling up
You aren't worth the waste, of the salt or the water
Fuck all your false beauty, it was transparent just like your smile - liar
Your thorns caress my flesh, crimson drops on a snowy field - liar
I have watched you retrogress, I have seen what you've become - liar
Please take your eyes off of me,
it's funny how fast blue eyes fade gray - liar
And you are deceit
Watching the sun play in your hair
I couldn't really care, care any less about you
Just wither away real beauty is forever in you
Just wither away"

-250-
12-17-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.

isnt it mostly dream theatre? i've heard some of this and its intense

Its some dream theater, but mostly its just amazing musicians that can play faster then most other bands.

If you get a chance... Acid rain, and Universla mind are some of there best work.

Its less intense, for the Emo punks here.

core_upt
12-20-2003, 07:57 PM
I wouldn't say emo/emocore/screamo/hardcore/extremo/etc is anything new, its just getting a lot more publicity now.

Some of the better bands, in my opinion, are:

Harder Stuff:
The Used
Story of the Year
Autumn to Ashes
Boy Sets Fire
Alexisonfire
Botch
Locust
Dilinger Escape Plan
Grade
Blue Skies at War
Underoath
Joule

Middle of the Road:
Thursday
Taking Back Sunday
Coheed and Cambria

Lighter Side:
Get up Kids
The Weakerthans
Hey Mercedes
June Spirit
Piebald
Saves The Day

The screamier stuff takes a bit to get used to but once you do its awesome. And the live showsmost of these bands put on are amazing.

R-Audi
12-20-2003, 09:12 PM
I used to hate all of the emo-punk stuff, but after seeing a few shows, I have grown to like it. The thing that I enjoy most is the energy that most of the bands have, there isn't really anything that I have seen that compares to it.
My current favs are The Used, Alexisonfire, TBS(if that counts) Story of the Year, and a few others.
If anyone else likes Taking back Sunday, check out Stray Light Run ( I think thats the name) a few old members of TBS new band...

elimit
12-20-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by core_upt
I wouldn't say emo/emocore/screamo/hardcore/extremo/etc is anything new, its just getting a lot more publicity now.

Some of the better bands, in my opinion, are:

Harder Stuff:
The Used
Story of the Year
Autumn to Ashes
Boy Sets Fire
Alexisonfire
Botch
Locust
Dilinger Escape Plan
Grade
Blue Skies at War
Underoath
Joule

Middle of the Road:
Thursday
Taking Back Sunday
Coheed and Cambria

Lighter Side:
Get up Kids
The Weakerthans
Hey Mercedes
June Spirit
Piebald
Saves The Day

The screamier stuff takes a bit to get used to but once you do its awesome. And the live showsmost of these bands put on are amazing.

yeah man ... ur from calgary adn your herd of Blue skies at War... thats nuts..there originally from London (where im from) ... i saw a show with
-Blue Skies at War
-Bear vs. Shak
-Jude the Obscure
-Hey Mercedes
-and HOPESFALL ..
back on Dec. 3rd... awesome show....

core_upt
12-21-2003, 05:33 PM

yeah man ... ur from calgary adn your herd of Blue skies at War... thats nuts..there originally from London (where im from)

I'm from Calgary but my label signed a band from London (Angry Agency), and my band was out there a few summers ago so we cheacked out a few shows. You guys have lots of good bands (Concorde Dawn, Good News FOundation, etc.) there plus you get tons of great shows. I kinda wish I lived there.

method
12-25-2003, 01:27 PM
I think: who cares about trying to fit all these bands into subcatagories. The only catagory I care about is which one at HMV the damn cd is in.

elimit
12-26-2003, 09:28 AM
subcategories? wtf, i bet ur one of those kids who listens to the radio, and supports all those rappers and bands that are selling out, rather than supporting talented bands...

method
12-27-2003, 01:45 PM
yeah that's exactly me. :rolleyes:

I'm not one of those emo fucks that does nothing but whine and complain about how their favourite 'undiscovered band' should be labeled.

opeth in january. oh god they must be rapper sellouts.

"I think weezer is punk now"

you're a fucking moron... bahaha

elimit
12-28-2003, 10:56 AM
i dont wear a trucker hat, tight shirts, and write in my journal, so no ... im not an emo kid either.

My Favorite "Undiscoverd Band" did get labeld, and now they are "discoverd" :thumbsup: (alexisonfire)

Go to HMV, look under PUNK ... and youll find weezer

no need for insults just cuz ur one of those kids who think there better and smarter than everyone else.