PDA

View Full Version : Latest gen Impreza 5 door and golf clubs question

iexp
05-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Hi all,
I'm considering buying a new Impreza, but I usually keep 3 sets of golf clubs in the trunk (just stand bags, not cart bags) and at times I need to fit 4 sets in it. Does anyone have any experience and comment regarding it's trunk space? I'm trying to avoid to go up to an Outback...
Thanks in advance!

HondaKid
05-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Head over to a Subie dealer with four bags of golf clubs and test it out. Golf bags can differ in size and shape, so this is really the only way of knowing for sure. I know my neighbour took her Newfie dog into the Honda dealership to check on the comfort level in an Element with the rear seats in place.

wintonyk
05-19-2010, 11:41 PM
I have got an 08 wrx. If you don't have time to stop by a dealership you can try it out in my car.

I have fit 4 snowboards and 4 people with one of the back seats folded down. May be pushing it to do 4 bags and 4 people. But if its just bags then no problem with 3 people.

jonnycat
05-20-2010, 09:21 AM
If you could squeeze 2 people on the 60 side of the 60/40 split, you'll have lots of room. It might be tough stacked in the hatch area alone though. My driver is always a little too long to set it in sideways.

iexp
05-20-2010, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the info fellas and thanks for the offer wintonyk! Sounds like it's possible so I'll make an effort to drag my golfing partners to head down the dealership. I can fit all 4 sets with the back seat up in my Matrix, and I really hope the Impreza will work out...
Thanks again!

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
05-20-2010, 01:14 PM
I can fit four bags, four people, and a subwoofer in my Aveo.... Just saying...

beyond_ban
05-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
I can fit four bags, four people, and a subwoofer in my Aveo.... Just saying...

... but then you realize your driving an Aveo.

:facepalm: