PDA

View Full Version : Food allergy testing, what to eat?

bigbadboss101
05-19-2010, 09:42 PM
Went to the naturopath and did the food allergy testing the other day. He gave me a list of things to cut out for the next few weeks. The idea is to do the more 'narrow' eating plan, and go back in a month to chart progress and changes. He also gave me some supplements to boost adrenal system and cleanse the liver.

Some of the items to cut include: milk, dairy, sugar, alcohol, coffee, eggs, whey, trans fat, wheat, pop, potatoes etc. He did not mention cutting red meat but I know reducing intake of animal fat, spicy food, shell fish, tomatoes, pepper, egg plants would be better for my system. I have psoriasis and normally it's not too bad but I had strep throat a month ago and the psoriasis broke out. My whole body is covered in red rashes. Doctor gave me antibiotics for the strep, dermatologist gave me ointment and UVB treatments for skin.

With that said, what are some ideas for meals? I did shop for fruits (apples, cherries, berries, mango, papaya), veggies (carrots, celery, beet, purple cabbage, onions, garlic, parsley, cilantro, radish, lemons). Also have lot of canned tuna and salmon, and have some salmon, tuna, sole fillet. I can go with ground turkey, ground chicken, brown rice,
frozen broccoli, green beans.

Normally breakfast food might be cereals, eggs, or the Stouffer roast beef pastry thingy. Now I am not so sure what to do. I guess rice milk might be ok, or some natural oatmeal? Lunches and dinner should be somewhat easy with some veggies, chicken and/or fish. Snacks I would do fruits, and may be almonds.

Anyone else here on a restricted diet and want to share? BTW, I went from around 195 to around 186 during the month somewhat unintentionally.

Ukyo8
05-19-2010, 09:43 PM
haha he pretty much told you to cut on all the good shit

msommers
05-19-2010, 09:56 PM
Consider leaner meats like deer, moose or even bison. I actually prefer bison burgers to beef.

Fermented tofu may be an option, I hear there are flavored ones that are quite good from a couple vegetarians. Kidney beans are great as well, along with almonds (well nuts in general for the most part).

Porridge with some blueberries and raspberries in the morning is awesome!

wintonyk
05-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Sounds like what I have been eating for the past 15 years. I do eat eggs though. I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. I used to follow a 14 protein rotation. Presently I am gluten and dairy free, soy free.

Breakfast: Quinoa (many different recipes online for a hot one)
Smoothies, with fruit, p butter, almond or rice milk, and tofu

Snacks: Fruit and Nuts

Lunch and Dinner: Quinoa, buckwheat, hemp seeds, brown rice, basmati rice, yams, squash

Rock out the vegetables (I eat 10 cups/day)

Choose your lean cuts of meats. As mentioned game and bison are awesome. Fish 3-4 meals/ week

This has always been my one problem with naturopaths. They go to the extreme with an elimination diet. Honestly speaking I bet just eat whole grains, lean meats and plenty of fruits and vegetables will help with the psoriasis.

Money is that its just the dairy that does it to ya. Not even whey, the casein. If I recall correctly.