PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: Tesla Roadster

[Yu]
05-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Spotted this thing ripping through cars very tightly down Shag around Children's hospital.

This thing accelerates so fast its amazing and so quiet haha.

Very surprised some Hippie (no hate) looking lady was driving it.

scat330
05-20-2010, 02:30 PM
Cool spot man

Wonder how she got it up here? (Charge wise...)

shipped?

how does it stay charged here? charger at her house/ friends house locally? has she moved here?

So many questions for a simple spotted thread!

Disoblige
05-20-2010, 03:51 PM
It probably is the same one in rage2's thread. I posted a pic of the same car I saw too. Asian fella driving it.

Tik-Tok
05-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by scat330
Cool spot man

So many questions for a simple spotted thread!

They're being sold here now. You can't import them.

scat330
05-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

They're being sold here now. You can't import them.

Look closely at the license plate.

duaner
05-20-2010, 04:05 PM

lol :thumbsup:

Tik-Tok
05-20-2010, 04:09 PM

No.

Phenix
05-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Surprised it didn't break down. I heard on the ford gt forums that a owner of one of them was having huge problems with them. and getting warrenty work done on them was near impossible.

But I'm surprised to to even hear that they would have issues. There is way less moving parts.

:dunno:

Disoblige
05-20-2010, 09:34 PM

You can't import US ones. They're available for sale in Canada now, as Tik-Tok clearly said.

lol when I saw them, it was him driving it and the chick was the passenger.

Xtrema
05-20-2010, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Phenix
But I'm surprised to to even hear that they would have issues. There is way less moving parts.

:dunno:

But also way less experience behind those parts.

Must be shipped here. I can't see anyone stupid enough to drive it over. It's going to be one long ass trip with 8hr stop over every 200miles.

scat330
05-21-2010, 01:35 PM
This one obviously wasn't imported but it's obvious it wasn't bought here -it has Washington plates....

Hence my questions.

4lti
05-21-2010, 01:39 PM
This one obviously wasn't imported but it's obvious it wasn't bought here -it has Washington plates....

Hence my questions.

Hmm now that you mentioned that it really does make me wonder...
Wheres this charger unit thing...

sneek
05-21-2010, 01:50 PM
I was in a Tesla dealership a few weeks ago, and apparently this is one of maybe two Teslas in Calgary. Apparently there are a few in Vancouver though.

:D The salesman let me sit in a floor model, and this thing is low! It is actually quite awkward to get in and out of. I've been lucky enough to have been able to play with a lot of exotics, but I have to say this is one of the most awkward to get out of. I think it is similar to the old gullwing in how the frame comes up a ways making the doors shorter. You have to step over a large hump to get in and out of it. One positive thing I do have to say is that the people from the dealership are really nice, and also the thing sounds effing cool when it revs up.

Apparently they are going to release a new sedan with an interchangeable battery. It looks like a Jag XF and it was supposed to have something like 600 miles of range with a long range battery. Pretty neat stuff.

sneek
05-21-2010, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by 4lti

Hmm now that you mentioned that it really does make me wonder...
Wheres this charger unit thing...

It is where the gas cap is located. There are two adaptors, one is for regular 120V outlets and the other is for 240V outlets. I think one takes 7-8 hours to charge and the 240 takes 4 hours. I could be wrong on that though.

rage2
05-21-2010, 02:04 PM
The cars are here for potential clients to test drive.

Xtrema
05-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by sneek
Apparently they are going to release a new sedan with an interchangeable battery. It looks like a Jag XF and it was supposed to have something like 600 miles of range with a long range battery. Pretty neat stuff.

The model S will be built @ old NUMMI plant most likely with Toyota parts.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37263680/ns/business-autos

K3RMiTdot
05-21-2010, 09:34 PM
NICE SPOT.