PDA

View Full Version : Class 6 CHECK! Buying bike today! Wewt!

lesreynolds
05-21-2010, 08:45 AM
Passed my class 6! Now going to get my bike today! Who says money and toys don't buy happiness, if you say that you really need to take a look at by big f'ing smile right now. :D

Well now I just have to some how manage to find something productive to do in my office for the next 4hrs before I am able to take off and begin my bike purchase and insurance adventure.

Have a great long weekend everyone!

shakalaka
05-21-2010, 08:50 AM
Money can't buy you happiness, but I rather cry in my Lamborghini. ;)

Congrats on the bike, have fun with it and be careful at the same time. I know I had so much fun when I first starting riding.

lesreynolds
05-21-2010, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka

Congrats on the bike, have fun with it and be careful at the same time. I know I had so much fun when I first starting riding.

Those are tears of happiness. :P

Thanks. I am looking forward to riding around Calgary, although with this weekend being the long weekend I usually find there are a lot of bad drivers out.

SJW
05-21-2010, 08:56 AM
Lesson 1, don't ride around Calgary.

Lesson 2, gear up.

GQBalla
05-21-2010, 08:58 AM
congrats!

adidas
05-21-2010, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka

haha nice!

lesreynolds
05-21-2010, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
congrats!

And SJW I already have all my gear minus pants since I am still looking for leathers I like. As for driving around Calgary I meant being able to get on the open road and just drive. Looking forward to riding since I wanted to do this for many many years.

SJW
05-21-2010, 09:10 AM
It's awesome man. I bought my bike the day my seperation papers were signed from my ex.

Haven't looked back since. That was 5 years ago and to this day it still brings me joy. Same bike.

Ride smart and make sure you know what other drivers are going to do before they know they're gonna do it. This will make sense to you with more experience.

natejj
05-21-2010, 09:14 AM
Congrats, I passed my Class 6 on wednesday, couldn't stop smiling for... 5 hours?

bjstare
05-21-2010, 09:14 AM
Good for you OP, I remember how excited I was to get on my cousins gixxer750 when I got my license haha. I was riding when it was like 6 degrees out in the early spring, freezing my balls and still havin the time of my life. :thumbsup:

shutterbug_art8
05-21-2010, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by lesreynolds

Those are tears of happiness. :P

Thanks. I am looking forward to riding around Calgary, although with this weekend being the long weekend I usually find there are a lot of bad drivers out.

you should ride with a couple of buddies first before you go on by yourself. Calgary is not bike friendly....cars don't see us, plus too many ethnic drivers. :rofl:

lesreynolds
05-21-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by shutterbug_art8

you should ride with a couple of buddies first before you go on by yourself. Calgary is not bike friendly....cars don't see us, plus too many ethnic drivers. :rofl:

Yah my GF got her's also so we are getting the bikes to ride with each other so we wont ever be riding alone, unless its just to meet each other someplace when we didn't leave the house at the same time.

Cars dont see us.....god cars don't see cars in Calgary its a fricken nightmare driving on our roads everyone seems to be in their own little world.

GQBalla
05-21-2010, 09:46 AM
Beyond Ride!!!!!!!!!!!

putting deposit down on my bike tonight!!!

lesreynolds
05-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Beyond Ride!!!!!!!!!!!

putting deposit down on my bike tonight!!!

Wooohoo! What are you looking at getting?

GQBalla
05-21-2010, 10:10 AM
another cbr600rr :D

lesreynolds
05-21-2010, 10:13 AM
Sweet. You know that is one bike that I never did sit on to see if I liked how it felt. I found the ZX6R and the R6 to high for my short ass, I know you can adjust the ride height and such but I wanted to find one that fit me without adjusting shit. Once I sat on the Gixxer I was in love and also I didn't feel like my nuts were in my stomach because I was on my toes trying to keep the bike up.

GOnSHO
05-21-2010, 10:42 AM
when you do the class 6 test, did they lend you a bike to ride??

lesreynolds
05-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by GOnSHO
when you do the class 6 test, did they lend you a bike to ride??

I took the Too Cool course which allowed me to book through a registry that uses Too Cool and I was able to use one of the registry bikes they have there for my first test. If you don't pass the first time you have to pay $70 bucks to rent it.

Now I am sure if you went to one of the corrisponding dealerships that were affiliated with Too Cool you could use on of their bikes either the ninja or cruiser just have to pay the cash to "rent" the bike for 45mins.

mdeleon
05-21-2010, 11:11 AM
You should sit on the cbr before you go buy the gixxer! It's an awesome bike. If all you're looking for though is seat height, then yeah the gixxer is the lowest I believe.

Congrats btw

GOnSHO
05-21-2010, 11:19 AM
i ask because my R6 has an integrated taillight.. which isnt legal, so they wont let me roadtest on it until i install tail lights that are a foot apart (tip to tip)

GQBalla
05-21-2010, 11:39 AM
i ask because my R6 has an integrated taillight.. which isnt legal, so they wont let me roadtest on it until i install tail lights that are a foot apart (tip to tip)

hehehe when i took my road test on my old cbr600rr the instructor said nothing about my integrated tailight

lesreynolds
05-21-2010, 11:46 AM

Hokay...so this is what we do. Get cardboard and cut out two rectangles and then double side tape them to the back of your bike and color them accordingly. lol

GOnSHO
05-21-2010, 11:53 AM

hehehe when i took my road test on my old cbr600rr the instructor said nothing about my integrated tailight

hmmm maybe ill go try with mine then...

Originally posted by lesreynolds

Hokay...so this is what we do. Get cardboard and cut out two rectangles and then double side tape them to the back of your bike and color them accordingly. lol

we could but... they wouldnt flash..

i could avoid the whole thing if i just hand signaled the whole ride..

how hard is this test anyways?? anything i should know before hand??

Zigo
05-21-2010, 12:08 PM
Lets go out for a ride then hahah.

GQBalla
05-21-2010, 12:18 PM

hmmm maybe ill go try with mine then...

we could but... they wouldnt flash..

i could avoid the whole thing if i just hand signaled the whole ride..

simple.

ragu
05-21-2010, 12:19 PM

simple road test that you would do on a bike instead of a car