PDA

View Full Version : WTB: AE86 >>> Your Junk, My Treasure!

hjr
12-11-2003, 09:31 PM
OK, im not expecting too much from this, but if somebody could help me out I would appriciate it a LOT.

Currently I am in search of a Corolla GTS, with basically 1 stipulation: It must be CHEAP

Ok, for those of you still reading, here goes >>>

It needs not to be a show car:
- I need no Interior. Front seats may not hurt, but carpet, panels, rear bench, all that crap can go. (it may actually be better without an interior)
- Suspension can be totally blown. It matters not. New suspension while good for most, doesn't help me (stock suspension isn't strong enough for my purpose)
- Hopefully a running engine. I would perfer a strong running engine, but I am quite mechanical, so it is not a huge deal.
- Body, a little rough is OK, but I don't want the kind of rust that I can put a whole fist through.
- Basic structure of the car should be in reasonably good condition (this isn't really a big deal as its not common to have a frame rail rust away)
- It should be a thrifty purchase

OK, for those of you who have say a running parts car or something, drop me a line. If you know of a car that isn't yours, but fits these criteria, drop me a line. If this is your car and its been pissing you off, drop me a line!

Thanks for making it all the way down to here. Help me continue my rally dreams...

method
12-11-2003, 10:24 PM
when looking at rust on the ae, pull up the trunk/hatch fabric and shit... get down there and poke around with a screw driver. rust on the 1/4s likes to extend further down past the bumper covers and whatnot.

GTS Jeff
12-12-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by method
when looking at rust on the ae, pull up the trunk/hatch fabric and shit... get down there and poke around with a screw driver. rust on the 1/4s likes to extend further down past the bumper covers and whatnot. trudat! my rust doesnt look so terrible, but the hole goes right from the 1/4 to the trunk.

AutodreamMarvin
12-12-2003, 08:27 AM
i may have an ae86 coming in with no interior and weak motor.
i'll let you know if it comes in.

twincharged86
12-12-2003, 10:09 AM
mine is still for sale

CAN SOMEONE POST THE LINK FOR THIS CAR, THANKS!

it's got a very strong running motor, but the car as a whole is not cheap.

If you just want the shell w/o the motor, i could do that. You could have the full interior except for the aftermarket steering wheel and autometer gauges.

pm to make an offer

Ben
12-12-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by twincharged86
mine is still for sale

If you just want the shell w/o the motor, i could do that. You could have the full interior except for the aftermarket steering wheel and autometer gauges.

pm to make an offer

Looks like he's looking for a new Rally car as he rolled his last one, The less interior the better :)

hjr
12-12-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by brbHPR
i may have an ae86 coming in with no interior and weak motor.
i'll let you know if it comes in.
Great, drop me a line.

Originally posted by twincharged86
mine is still for sale

pm to make an offer haha, i noticed you car a while ago, and that would be rockin, but the engine is not legal for the class i want to be in (you probably could have guessed that). As a shell it may be more viable. Whats the 'shell' like (Condition)?

Originally posted by Ben

Looks like he's looking for a new Rally car as he rolled his last one, The less interior the better :) Indeed, you caught me!

Scottie403
12-13-2003, 11:02 AM
Try http://www.castanet.ca/dori-kaze/ its a olds school corolla forum