PDA

View Full Version : Looking for recommendations in the midnapore/shawnessy/somerset/sundance area

nonlinear
05-21-2010, 11:31 AM
we're finally going to see avatar tonight (hahah) and pretty much the only location playing it is Empire Studio 10 on MacLeod trail in the south. we want to get some food beforehand, and are looking for suggestions in the midnapore/shawnessy/somerset/sundance area. there is Moti Mahal, but we were wondering if there was anything else that we were missing... we are open to cuisine, and price isn't an issue, but we will probablly just be dressed in jeans and t-shirts, so aren't looking for "fine dining."

thanks guys!!!

masoncgy
05-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Phoenix Grill... haven't been there in awhile, but it has been pretty decent the couple of times I've hit it up.

It's kiddie corner from East Side Mario's.

TomcoPDR
05-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Dude, tons of good food around here.

Theres Pho noodles just by Panago.

Then Hong Kong Garden in the Safeway mall, Moxie's across the street.

Another Pho noodle in Zeller's mall, in Zeller's mall, there's Swiss Chatlet, Donair place :drool: Ricky's... and an ice cream place.

You swing towards the Co-op/Wal-Mart... Edo Japan, and Pita Pits.

RY213
05-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by masoncgy
Phoenix Grill... haven't been there in awhile, but it has been pretty decent the couple of times I've hit it up.

It's kiddie corner from East Side Mario's.

Phoenix Grill is awful, one of the worst restaurants I have ever eaten at...

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Another Pho noodle in Zeller's mall

This place is good, I enjoyed it

nonlinear
05-22-2010, 12:52 AM
thanks for the suggestions guys, but we ended up going to Tom's House of Pie on McKevvit because i've been feeling like i'm going through pizza withdrawal for some reason hehe.

we had the mexican there, which was pretty good. they have some "special" sauce that tasted like Tapatio taco sauce and is pretty spicy... and i'm nearly immune to capsaicin, so that must mean something! of course it wasn't perfect according to my standards, though, and if i was making this pie, i would dock the dough since the bubbles kinda get outta control. I would also slice the lettuce (like julianne-style) instead of chopping it, cause it's way easier to eat that way. i would also add a bit more sauce. But all in all, it was still pretty good.

we actually ate in the James Henry (or whatever) pub that is attached to Tom's. it was nice and comfortable. they have a pretty good group of regulars, blue-collar biker types... i happened to be wearing a black Guns N' Roses t with skulls and crap on the front, so i fit right in ahhahah!