PDA

View Full Version : Cops should worry about drunk drivers not headlights...

88CRX
12-11-2003, 09:41 PM
So on my way to a friends house last night around 9ish going north on Crowchild Trail by brentwood lrt they have a check stop set up.

So i patiently wait 25 minutes in traffic till its my turn. Pull up, blah blah blah have you been drinking, nope. Blah blah blah your headlights look far too white I'm going to write you up for a ticket :guns: and im going to check your plates. So he checks, comes back 5 minutes later, and gives me a speech on illegal mods and how there illegal and he can write me up for other things too :thumbsdow. He commented on my exhaust tip. HA!! its one of those pos 2" pollished metal ones from crappy tie and my window tint being too dark. Now i just got $350 worth of tickets last weekend so im pissed thinking hes going to give me a couple more. So i played dumb, told him all that crap came with the car.

So, he said he'll go easy on me and let me go with a warning.

:bullshit: why? Now i have no problem with waiting at a check stop cause drink drivers should be shot but when there checking for drunk drivers why the fuck do they have to try and pull that shit?

Its a fucking 2" screw on exhaust tip.

Hash_man
12-11-2003, 09:52 PM
Ya I have wondered if they would ever hassle me for my tips, they are just like yours, but dual.

I think the exhaust thing is just retarded, and if the lights are street legal, then they cant do shit can they?... fuckin pigs.

finboy
12-11-2003, 09:53 PM
buy a sleeper ;)

rc2002
12-11-2003, 09:57 PM
You got off lucky then. I've been pretty lucky and haven't bumped into cops in a bad mood. Otherwise they could write you a ticket for anything.

As long as you're not revving your car to redline and disturbing others they will usually let you off with a warning about things like exhaust.

88CRX
12-11-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by finboy
buy a sleeper ;)

um... it is

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/6/web/234000-234999/234650_70_full.jpg

and yes that is "the tip"

finboy
12-11-2003, 10:14 PM
sorry man, but honda's are no longer sleepers, even stock ones get the evil eye from the po-lice.

Primer_Drift
12-11-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

um... it is

Man you have every right to be pissed off, honda puts bigger OEM tips on their new factory vehicles than that.. how were your lights too white? The only color allowed on the front is white and amber, the cop was obviously being pissy to see how you would react. I've seen them searching cars at check stops, it makes me wonder what kind of reactions they look for from possible DUI's.
And how far they need to push someone to get that reaction...

sexualbanana
12-11-2003, 10:23 PM
Were you actually playing dumb? Or did you actually not know any modification to your car is illegal?

88CRX
12-11-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
Were you actually playing dumb? Or did you actually not know any modification to your car is illegal?

i played dumb.... yes i know enlarged exhaust tips are "illegal" but do you see mine? its friggin' 2"

and the lights are just some of those cheap silvania silverstars from crappy tire

and the window tint is only on the passenger side due to a break in and i havent replaced the tint on the drivers side.

Primer_Drift
12-11-2003, 10:41 PM
Thats ridiculous, where your headlights properly aimed? They have no reason to complain if they were, its not like HID w/o projectors.

Danger_Mouse
12-11-2003, 10:57 PM
Ahh well... on the bright side he didnt give u any tickets!

davidI
12-11-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

and the lights are just some of those cheap silvania silverstars from crappy tire

I thought those were legal?

Maybe leave the box for them in your car if they are just to show him that they're DOT approved or wahtever!

buh_buh
12-11-2003, 11:06 PM
Ya I was always under the impression that the Sylvania Silverstars were street legal.

ryder_23
12-11-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift
Thats ridiculous, where your headlights properly aimed? They have no reason to complain if they were, its not like HID w/o projectors.

I drove threw 2 checkstops friday night with HID's w/o projectors and they didnt say a thing. altho i'm installing projectors as we speak :thumbsup: