PDA

View Full Version : A big thanks to Riegel Tuning!

soloracer
05-22-2010, 04:20 PM
I flew a tuner up from California to tune my CTSC NSX and he preferred working on a load bearing dyno. Riegel gave me the time even though they were busy and their dyno operator was on holidays. On the day of the dyno session we arrived about an hour late to the dyno and finished just before 5:00. The guys had to stay late to help get the car off the dyno so the tuner and I could get some cold weather tuning done that night. On top of that they only charged me for the actual dyno time I used even though I was late and I offered to pay extra for them staying late. Even my tuner commented on how easy going they were when he was there. A big thanks to the guys at Riegel and I look forward to doing some more business there in the future.

2EFNFAST
05-24-2010, 01:20 PM
You fly tuners in from the US ...... adopt me please! :nut:

stealth1313
05-24-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
You fly tuners in from the US ...... adopt me please! :nut: ^^
i can't even afford to fly my own tuner in from calgary to calgary.

psycoticclown
05-24-2010, 02:27 PM
:bigpimp:

TomcoPDR
05-24-2010, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by stealth1313
^^

lol :rofl: just a $2.75 C-train ticket eh?

2EFNFAST
05-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by stealth1313
^^

I'm so poor I can't even afford to go to a dealership to buy cars! I have to buy pieces of a car (including the frame) and assemble them myself Ikea style!

Maybe if we beg hard enough he'll adopt both of us :D

stealth1313
05-24-2010, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

lol :rofl: just a $2.75 C-train ticket eh? yeah even if you buy him a childs ticket and he gets away with it, after I pay for the dyno time I can't afford the tune

Canmorite
05-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Any pics of the NSX?

KRyn
05-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Any dyno sheets for the NSX?

1-Bar
05-24-2010, 08:03 PM
what numbers are you putting down? NSX + boost, wowza!!

StreetRacerX
05-24-2010, 08:33 PM
Dyno sheet+pics of NSX?

soloracer
05-24-2010, 08:39 PM
The tuner was Mike from Autowave - a well known shop in California that specializes in NSX's. I had a high boost kit for my Comptech Supercharger, AEM EMS and Water/Meth Injection installed by Jim at Option Import. I had been talking to Mike about the tuning as they do 5 or 6 of these systems a month and I don't know anyone in town that knows both the NSX and the AEM system as well as the guys at Autowave. He charges $1500 for the tune plus dyno time/flights/etc. I figured that it would cost me as much - and possibly more - to have someone here tinker with it learning what the guys at Autowave forgot years ago.

The final numbers were 347 rwhp/248 lb-ft torque at 6 psi. My supercharger is the older Whipple unit. Mike tells me that in California - at sea level - the high boost kit makes 8 psi and around 370-390 rwhp. All things considered I am happy with the results. I know the newer Autorotor and Science of Speed supercharger kits make more power but I would probably go turbo if I felt the need for more power.

The first test of the tune was at the track today for a DE event. Everything ran great and the car had no issues. I went through more meth than a Los Angeles crack whore and can't wait for my next fix.

FiveFreshFish
05-24-2010, 09:20 PM
I guess it's cheaper than shipping the car down to CA, or driving it there yourself.

Hash_man
05-24-2010, 10:14 PM
Glad to hear everything worked out in the end Eric. How did the car run in the cold? You'll have to take me for a rip in the NSX next time you swing by with it, for as much as I love those cars I can't say I have ever been for a ride in one, or driven one.

I think the numbers are pretty good for the Dynapack and our elevation, if you don't plan on taking the car on long trips elsewhere you should maybe see if you can get a smaller pulley to actually hit 8psi here. :dunno:

-Jason

legendboy
05-24-2010, 10:49 PM
its nice to know reigel is still being run in a respectable manor

rip hima!