PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: White civic driving back from Edmonton

stefan.bounket
05-23-2010, 07:31 PM
Saw an asian guy and his girlfriend (?) in a white civic hatch. Had a speedtech sticker and some other sticker on the top of the rear windshield. Had aftermarket exhaust as well as wheels (bronze or black with a red or blue lip.. i don't remember). Lugs were those anodyne blue or whatever lugs. Your windshield was cracked like crazy.

We drove together pretty much from Edmonton city limits taking turns leading all the way untill we split off at 68 st (where I turned left and you turned right. Probably to abbeydale or applewood)

I'm the asian guy in the blue 08 mitsubishi lancer with white wheels.

It was fun driving with you :)

Surprised we didn't get owned by the cops that we saw. haha :P

wes_v
05-23-2010, 08:23 PM
http://www.madassnews.net/imgdump/cool-story-bro.jpg

Boost Infested
05-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Is this a "Love at the first sigh" post?

Graham_A_M
05-23-2010, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by stefan.bounket
Saw an asian guy and his girlfriend (?) in a white civic hatch. Had a speedtech sticker and some other sticker on the top of the rear windshield. Had aftermarket exhaust as well as wheels (bronze or black with a red or blue lip.. i don't remember). Lugs were those anodyne blue or whatever lugs. Your windshield was cracked like crazy.

We drove together pretty much from Edmonton city limits taking turns leading all the way untill we split off at 68 st (where I turned left and you turned right. Probably to abbeydale or applewood)

The gayness in this thread is astounding.
I wish we had a few fruitcake smilies to accompany this.

TomcoPDR
05-23-2010, 09:28 PM
:drama:

Grogador
05-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Shoulda threw in a "no homo" somewhere... cuz... yeah...

baygirl
05-23-2010, 09:46 PM
I think this belongs on craigslist in the missed connections section.

cjay^
05-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by baygirl

This

hahahahaha

SJW
05-23-2010, 10:13 PM
WORST SPOTTING EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

http://www.mediabistro.com/unbeige/original/comic%20book%20guy.jpg

Dilmah
05-23-2010, 10:32 PM
If you're going to start a bromance we want pictures... no wait, no we don't want pics, forget it. best to keep your gay encounters to yourself...

btimbit
05-23-2010, 11:03 PM
http://binarymessiah.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/cool_story_bro2.jpg

Nissan_Fanboy
05-24-2010, 12:25 AM
http://catmacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/cool_story_brah_cat.jpg
oh if i had a thread for everytime i saw someone with a speedtech sticker.

btimbit
05-24-2010, 12:30 AM
oh if i had a thread for everytime i saw someone with a speedtech sticker. [/B]

Yup. Apparently looking at air filters there means your car deserves a sticker for it

Redlyne_mr2
05-24-2010, 12:33 AM
http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/this-thread-sucks/8/thread_sucks.jpg

banned3x
05-24-2010, 12:35 AM
i call :bullshit: this story is too good to be true

Meback
05-24-2010, 12:46 AM
lol, wtf you homo

TommyEK4
05-24-2010, 12:54 AM
haha dude that was rediculous, lucked out expecially passing iron millz :D

Nissan_Fanboy
05-24-2010, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by btimbit

Yup. Apparently looking at air filters there means your car deserves a sticker for it

my car is technicially "modded"
but personally, i haven't bought anything from speedtech,
so i don't have a sticker,
so many lame ass stock cars rollin with them cuz its "KOOL"
really gets annoing.
or those people who have tein and momo stickers all over a stock civic.
like cammon

/end rant

TommyEK4
05-24-2010, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Nissan_Fanboy

my car is technicially "modded"
but personally, i haven't bought anything from speedtech,
so i don't have a sticker,
so many lame ass stock cars rollin with them cuz its "KOOL"
really gets annoing.
or those people who have tein and momo stickers all over a stock civic.
like cammon

/end rant

So.. You "know" what i bought from Will and what i have in my car?

Integra10
05-24-2010, 10:15 AM
"Post a picture of the vehicle of which you spotted. Because the "Spotted Lambo Diablo, Holy shit is was awesome" doesn't really spark anyones interest, and doesn't benefit the forum at all because noone can comment on it."

Horrible thread.

http://www.cyklin.com/movies/yd/yd3/pics/starecrowbig.jpg

Numi
05-24-2010, 04:05 PM
decals are rice.

max_boost
05-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Holy this thread is gay.

revelations
05-24-2010, 04:27 PM
oh btw.... its Monday for anyone who woke up late

Tik-Tok
05-24-2010, 04:29 PM
You see what happens when we let ONE ghey "hey who's that guy who raced me?" thread happen? It starts a whole slew of them!

Nissan_Fanboy
05-24-2010, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by TommyEK4

So.. You "know" what i bought from Will and what i have in my car?

no im not talking about your car.
im talking about the stock cars who rep those stickers and think there cool.
your car is dope

pinoyboy88
05-24-2010, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by stefan.bounket

saw an asian guy and his girlfriend with a ? question mark????

you seem pretty interested to know if hes single :rofl:

mrwild
05-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Holy this thread is gay.

once graham a m posts in a thread it is gay.

Isaiah
05-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by mrwild
Graham_A_M has been a member for four years whereas you've been here four minutes. Your opinion means nothing, noob. Go play with Scat.

stealth1313
05-24-2010, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by mrwild

greham is very useful unlike you, he helps many people find jobs on here too

davesparky6
05-24-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah

Graham_A_M has been a member for four years whereas you've been here four minutes. Your opinion means nothing, noob. Go play with Scat.
Best ban ever...:thumbsup:

Kennyredline
05-25-2010, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Dilmah
If you're going to start a bromance we want pictures... no wait, no we do want pics, of girl in car, but best to keep your gay encounters to yourself...

Fixed.

scat330
05-25-2010, 12:58 PM

Oh common now. :dunno:

I've been here 6. Like that matters. http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/images/smilies/icon9.gif

Hamann
05-25-2010, 01:56 PM

Go play with Scat.

Awesome :rofl:

ClearBluewater
05-26-2010, 03:23 PM
This is a sad day for beyond

3drian
05-26-2010, 04:23 PM
hahahahah this thread is awesome i was laughing pretty good almost got busted on beyond at work cuz of it...

ya a bit gay but still pretty funny

2Valve0
05-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Hoommooo...p.s. speed tech is gay..overpriced and arrogant people

ClearBluewater
05-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by scat330

Oh common now. :dunno:

I've been here 6. Like that matters. http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/images/smilies/icon9.gif

I dunno scat, it says you're a 2010 :dunno:

Nissan_Fanboy
05-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by ClearBluewater

I dunno scat, it says you're a 2010 :dunno:

there has been many forms of "scat"
scat19
scat23
scat330
and god only knows what other accounts
= )
there can only be so much hate on one account until he has to make a new one.

ClearBluewater
05-28-2010, 05:17 PM

there has been many forms of "scat"
scat19
scat23
scat330
and god only knows what other accounts
= )
there can only be so much hate on one account until he has to make a new one.

Fail :facepalm:

rob the knob
05-28-2010, 06:07 PM
i google scat
oh boy
why he call him slef silly name

Disoblige
05-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Grogador
Shoulda threw in a "no homo" somewhere... cuz... yeah...

Originally posted by baygirl
:rofl: :rofl:

Nissan_Fanboy
05-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by ClearBluewater

Fail :facepalm:

to him or me ?
LOL

Mar
05-28-2010, 09:33 PM
Yesterday......there was this guy in line in front of me at Safeway. We cruised up the line together towards the cashier until we got to the candy bar rack. I reached for a Mars bar and he reached for a Snickers. Oh man, what a time, it was crazy.

Nissan_Fanboy
05-29-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Mar
Yesterday......there was this guy in line in front of me at Safeway. We cruised up the line together towards the cashier until we got to the candy bar rack. I reached for a Mars bar and he reached for a Snickers. Oh man, what a time, it was crazy.

hahaha,
was he reppin a safeway sticker on his cart ?

WrongWheelDrive
05-29-2010, 01:10 PM

hahaha,
was he reppin a safeway sticker on his cart ?

I'm gonna guess he was on his scooter at the time...

Notorious1
05-31-2010, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by 2Valve0
Hoommooo...p.s. speed tech is gay..overpriced and arrogant people

I won't say that everyone there is arrogant but I will say that a friend of mine had a bad experience. I sent him over there as he had just picked up a red 350Z and was looking at getting an air filter or maybe an intake. The next day at work, he said that the guy "helping" him was being a complete dick and was all impatient with his questions. This type of thing is just plain unacceptable and also makes me look bad for recommending them so I hope that one person smartens up.

2Valve0
05-31-2010, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Notorious1

I won't say that everyone there is arrogant but I will say that a friend of mine had a bad experience. I sent him over there as he had just picked up a red 350Z and was looking at getting an air filter or maybe an intake. The next day at work, he said that the guy "helping" him was being a complete dick and was all impatient with his questions. This type of thing is just plain unacceptable and also makes me look bad for recommending them so I hope that one person smartens up.

One person? Try almost all. Just because they work at a store and know all their parts doesnt know I do but the impatient pricks seem to think I should know everything they have in stock. Overpriced? They think just because something is JDM it makes it WAAAAYYY better, the price of something was justified by "its JDM" not that its better or superior in any way. These guys are tools. Would never spend a cent at the store and can find much more helpful and smart people at other shops in calgary.

chkolny541
05-31-2010, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Mar

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

gretz
05-31-2010, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by 2Valve0

One person? Try almost all. Just because they work at a store and know all their parts doesnt know I do but the impatient pricks seem to think I should know everything they have in stock. Overpriced? They think just because something is JDM it makes it WAAAAYYY better, the price of something was justified by "its JDM" not that its better or superior in any way. These guys are tools. Would never spend a cent at the store and can find much more helpful and smart people at other shops in calgary.

from reading your post...

lol...

- companies don't typically stock every part for every car... if you keep asking them if they have this, or that, or these, can you see if you have any of those etc...? they may get arrogant lol (And 90% of the time people get a price and bail -especially with car tuning and the dreamers)

-JDM doesn't make it WAYYY better, the quality, rarity and brand name usually makes it more expensive :dunno: If you want rare parts, you have to pay lol... if you don't think they are worth it (because you know better than they do), don't f'n buy it.

Out of curiosity, what did you go in there to look at/for?

scat330
05-31-2010, 08:22 AM
^When they bring it in for you, takes 3 weeks, same products as ebay, and then mark it up 300% pisses me off. (tunerworks did this)

911fever
05-31-2010, 08:42 AM
Speedtech is ridiculously overpriced. Only in Calgary, because of a lack of tuner places, can you get raped that badly on aftermarket parts

Nissan_Fanboy
05-31-2010, 02:24 PM
^When they bring it in for you, takes 3 weeks, same products as ebay, and then mark it up 300% pisses me off. (tunerworks did this)

ebay ftw,
even with shipping, things are so much cheaper

cjay^
05-31-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by 911fever
Speedtech is ridiculously overpriced. Only in Calgary, because of a lack of tuner places, can you get raped that badly on aftermarket parts

Lol they wanted something like $700+ for a Koyo N-Flow radiator.

Ordered it from FRsport.com for $400 haha

yeahyeah
05-31-2010, 02:44 PM
http://smiliesftw.com/x/gfight.gif

Graham_A_M
06-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by 911fever
I went in there once a couple years back to buy some high end brakes for this car I had way back when, so I thought I'd try this place; I pulled up beside a row of three Civics, all rocking a grand total of 5 spoilers amongst them. (Okay whatever at this point) Walking in, I was stuck in line behind a barage of chochy zit-faced teens in their turtleneck sweaters all sporting riced out cars they obviously didn't pay for themselves. Kind of spoke numbers when their walls and corners were mainly laden with body kits, and generic fart-can exhausts. :nut:

I was just like "wow, what the fuck am I doing here?"
after 5 minutes in an un-moving line up I left and went to Tunerworks. Been going there ever since for everything else. :dunno:
Fuck Speedtech :thumbsdow

bituerbo
06-01-2010, 01:46 PM
I think that's the difference between a tuner shop and a race shop. One is for people who want to look and sound like a race car. The other is for people who want to own the race car.

davesparky6
06-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by yeahyeah
http://smiliesftw.com/x/gfight.gif
:rofl:

scat330
06-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

I went in there once a couple years back to buy some high end brakes for this car I had way back when, so I thought I'd try this place; I pulled up beside a row of three Civics, all rocking a grand total of 5 spoilers amongst them. (Okay whatever at this point) Walking in, I was stuck in line behind a barage of chochy zit-faced teens in their turtleneck sweaters all sporting riced out cars they obviously didn't pay for themselves. Kind of spoke numbers when their walls and corners were mainly laden with body kits, and generic fart-can exhausts. :nut:

I was just like "wow, what the fuck am I doing here?"
after 5 minutes in an un-moving line up I left and went to Tunerworks. Been going there ever since for everything else. :dunno:
Fuck Speedtech :thumbsdow

I didn't want to come out and say it this harsh, but yeah. When ever I see a car with speedtech logo on it, I just lol. Normally it's white and yellow.

Isaiah
06-01-2010, 06:51 PM
When ever I see a car with speedtech logo on it, I just lol. Normally it's white and yellow.
The car, the sticker, or the driver?

Disoblige
06-01-2010, 07:04 PM

The car, the sticker, or the driver?
lol. Okay this makes up for your obvious Rick roll attempt :rofl:

Isaiah
06-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

lol. Okay this makes up for your obvious Rick roll attempt :rofl:
Come on now, that was a classic. What's your favorite line from a song? That thread was begging for a Rick roll and I got a $20 that says it delivered.

tehwegz
06-02-2010, 02:44 PM
I think I know the owner of this car... it all matches:

asian, white civic hatch, aftermarket exhaust... haven't seen him/his gf in a while though.

I remember when he pulled the e-brake on an icy road so he could drift around a corner, he slid and went in a ditch and the only thing keeping him from rolling was because of all the snow. we had to dig him out.

/more cool story bro