PDA

View Full Version : eco friendly computers

nattiewest
05-24-2010, 04:27 PM
I'm in the market to buy a computer, but I'd really like something thats "eco friendly"
I have done a little research and people say Mac is who to go with. What do you think??
Any help is awesome!

Thanks

signature7
05-24-2010, 05:12 PM
I can only recall Mac as they aggressively market their product as green friendly. I think you'll enjoy their products, I turned my whole family and a lot of my friends into apple users.

4lti
05-24-2010, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by signature7
I can only recall Mac as they aggressively market their product as green friendly. I think you'll enjoy their products, I turned my whole family and a lot of my friends into apple users.

You remind me of the Simpson episode on apple hahahah.

To the OP:
Apple is actually really good once you learn to switch over from windows. Alot less hassles that windows has...but then compatibility with certain products is still questionable.

When you say eco friendly are you looking for energy efficient?
Or just made from recycled product or what...

revelations
05-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by nattiewest
I'm in the market to buy a computer, but I'd really like something thats "eco friendly"
I have done a little research and people say Mac is who to go with. What do you think??
Any help is awesome!

Thanks

Eco friendly - as in uses less electricity?

You can do this with any box or laptop by tweaking the power settings. Set the LCD to turnoff after 2 min, system standby after 30min, hibernate after 1hr (example).

Buying a smaller LCD monitor also helps - the big ones use quite a bit of juice.

Unknown303
05-24-2010, 06:14 PM
They are computers. Just the fact that they are made makes them not eco friendly. But something with the specs you want and is the least expensive. Those should be the only criteria anything else is marketing hype.

signature7
05-24-2010, 06:27 PM
GA_siP2H_co

If it matters to you, to be honest It didn't make a difference for me.

msommers
05-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Eco everything as a marketing ploy is making me puke in my mouth.