PDA

View Full Version : Sparks shooting from starter! S13 HELP

dsilvia89
05-25-2010, 03:32 PM
Hey today i changed my heater hoses and everything went good until i was finished. I filled up the antifreeze and everything normal was normal until i started er up. It started fine, i let it sit and warm up until the temp gauge was at half (i do this religiously) anyway so it warmed up. my problem was fixed until i reved her up a bit, nothing even major 4500-5000 rpms and it sparked and made a horrible noise. so i immediately turned it off and disconnected the battery (the noise didnt stop when i shut it down and a little bit of smoke started slowly raising)

I have no idea what this is from??? Any help, similar experience?

The only thing i can think of is the starter got wet with anitfreeze when i took off the heater hose. but i dont know if that is even logical :dunno:

Thanks in advance for any help

CA18-S13
05-25-2010, 03:37 PM
Sounds to me like might have left a tool in that region and when you revved it up it moved and was shorting out on the positive terminal on the starter and the block.

Triple check to see that there isn't any foreign items around the electrical connections on the end on the starter.

dsilvia89
05-25-2010, 03:49 PM
haha thanks man. just jacked her back up and within seconds found the clamp that fell and was wedged in between the starter :banghead: hahahaa

:thumbsup:

CA18-S13
05-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Good find.

I like when fixes are this easy.