PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION! LAUNDRY GURUS NEEDeD!!!!!!!

GTS Jeff
12-12-2003, 02:54 AM
so i decided to put all my clothes in the dryer, including my nice sweaters and stuff.

they are all shrunken now and it sucks cuz they are the expensive ones.

what can i do??!?!?!?

buh_buh
12-12-2003, 03:13 AM
nothing your fucked. haha. You can try to stretch them but it most likely won't work.

GTS Jeff
12-12-2003, 03:15 AM
fuuuuuuuuck. life isnt worth living anymore.

1badPT
12-12-2003, 03:16 AM
wet em and stretch em, but they'll never have the right shape :banghead:

nismodrifter
12-12-2003, 03:19 AM
yet another reason as to why I don't want to leave my house for university in another province next year....I have no clue how to do my laundry :D :D

C4S
12-12-2003, 03:23 AM
Nothing you could do ! ha ha .. :dunno:

ask your mom to buy you new cloths ! :D

Stratus_Power
12-12-2003, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
yet another reason as to why I don't want to leave my house for university in another province next year....I have no clue how to do my laundry :D :D

i still dont haha!everything goes into the wwasher dryer for me up here.. i dont give e crap wat color or wat material they are!

three.eighteen.
12-12-2003, 03:32 AM
cry yourself to sleep, theyre in a better place now...suppose you could try wearing them and look really buff?

1badPT
12-12-2003, 03:57 AM
It's hard to look buff when your "longsleeved" sweater only comes halfway down your arms.

RickDaTuner
12-12-2003, 06:59 AM
well what they say to do for sweaters is to soak them in water, to relax the fibres of the sweater and then to hang them on a hanger still wet and that should put some of the body back into it

wool is kinda like Velcro its a really jaged Fiber, thats why it has such good insulating charecteristics, when you heat it to much though all the little hook like spikes contract and make the sweater shrink....

get a fat person to wear the shirt for you that way the fiber can streach evenly

I recomend some like this, he's meaty

http://www.sos.mtu.edu/cssa/forum/usr/5/5_316.jpg

K271
12-12-2003, 09:59 AM
Sucks dude, donate now...

I use to do laundry but now I don't, just take it to a laundry service, wash, iron, and fold. It's so convinient, drop off in the morning on the way to work and pick up at night! Perfect.

RX-7_TWINTURBO
12-12-2003, 10:44 AM
sorry to jack your thread but...

I have a pigskin leather jacket (similar to suede)
it's getting pretty dirty....how do i clean it ?

Ben
12-12-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
so i decided to put all my clothes in the dryer, including my nice sweaters and stuff.

what can i do??!?!?!?

You're fucked, take them to a good will church. They wont be the same size ever again.

Originally posted by RX-7_TWINTURBO
sorry to jack your thread but...

I have a pigskin leather jacket (similar to suede)
it's getting pretty dirty....how do i clean it ?

DRYCLEAN ONLY!!!

:)

SinisterProbeGt
12-12-2003, 10:49 AM
what can i do??!?!?!?

Here are some crises steps for you......

Step 1. Slap your self in the head for trying to do your own laundry, most dry cleaning places will do it or bring it to moms house.

Step 2. Bring your shrunken clothes to good will or just burn them its all the same you wont ever wear them again.

Step 3. go to value village and try looking for a suitable replacement for your shrunken gear.

Step 4. see step step 1. for getting yourself into this mess.

Step 5. now sport your new appointed gear if you did not find any gear at value i suggest a large *sheet or trench coat for clothing - *if choosing to wear a sheet rember a hat that is cone shaped and made from a white bed sheet is optional here and may cause issues for you.
:thumbsup:

:rofl: :lol: :rofl:

Ben
12-12-2003, 11:04 AM
You shrunk this one didn't you?!

http://members.shaw.ca/psylence/cp/009.jpg

littledan
12-12-2003, 11:20 AM
fuck man that sucks! but you know i'm a little bit smaller in size than you... i'll buy all your shrunken clothes for 50 cents and some fresh pocket lint.

sputnik
12-12-2003, 12:05 PM
you might as well have said...

I put my weiner in a $5 hooker and now its all shrunken and numb and i think its going to fall off.

what can i do??!?!?!?

:rofl:

They should really have an "intelligence test" for people that spend $500 on a sweater... but then I guess the people that would pass the test would be smart enough not to buy it

sputnik
12-12-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner

get a fat person to wear the shirt for you that way the fiber can streach evenly

Yeah... but then you will end up with space for "man boobs"

GTS Jeff
12-12-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by K271
Sucks dude, donate now...

I use to do laundry but now I don't, just take it to a laundry service, wash, iron, and fold. It's so convinient, drop off in the morning on the way to work and pick up at night! Perfect.

FUCK THERES SUCH A THING!??

Originally posted by Ben

http://members.shaw.ca/psylence/cp/009.jpg

that was one of them dammit!!

Originally posted by sputnik

Yeah... but then you will end up with space for "man boobs"

haha

fawk, i tried the wet n' stretch with one of them and it almost worked. oh the agony!!

hjr
12-12-2003, 01:59 PM
wash them again, and like try and stretch them over a long period of time (put on a hanger and wiegh the bottom down to stretch it down). and let them air dry in this manor. It wont work 100% but it will help and maybe even get them wearable again.

buh_buh
12-12-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Ben

http://members.shaw.ca/psylence/cp/009.jpg now you've done it..... that was Ben's favourite sweater!:whipped:

Khyron
12-12-2003, 05:20 PM
But of course anyone that sees you in one and has read this thread will mock you non-stop.

Khyron

Ben
12-12-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
now you've done it..... that was Ben's favourite sweater!:whipped:

Whatever will I do! *tears*

Boost Infested
12-12-2003, 05:24 PM
put the sweater back in the water for a bit, let it rehydrate(spl?) LOL :rofl:

Skyline_Addict
12-13-2003, 01:04 AM
well...if you just bought the clothing and still have the receipts and it had a non-shrink guarantee on it, chances are you can return it.
otherwise, you can'd do anything.
sorry buddy.
you can try some of the "stretch" methofs people have been prescribing, but I doubt they'll work too well.

Redlyne_mr2
12-13-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
now you've done it..... that was Ben's favourite sweater!:whipped:

:rofl: :rofl:

GTS Jeff
12-13-2003, 02:14 AM
dont worry, ben and i have many favorite sweater :love:

Ben
12-13-2003, 02:18 AM
Oh Jeff...:drool:

James
12-13-2003, 03:30 AM
:rofl:......i recently shrunk a few sweaters when i moved out on my own, my gf had a good laugh when i called my mom asking "can my Red sweater go in the dryer?.

Dj_Stylz
12-13-2003, 07:56 AM
:rofl: :rofl:

K271
12-14-2003, 12:28 AM
Yeah dude, drop of laundry service is the best... no hassle, no need to sort, arrange for hot/cold/white/colors... no wasting of time. It's great, only costs me about $10 bucks for a laundry every two weeks. Sweet!!!!!