PDA

View Full Version : Pigeons on my deck!

guessboi
05-25-2010, 06:47 PM
I live on the 18th of a condo and for the past month, all the pigeons (15+ and counting) are staying on my deck during the night. freakin shiting everywhere and even 1 dead this week.

Is there any recommandation for a cleaning company and also where do we buy a fake owl in Calgary?

T-Dubbs
05-26-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by guessboi
I live on the 18th of a condo and for the past month, all the pigeons (15+ and counting) are staying on my deck during the night. freakin shiting everywhere and even 1 dead this week.

Is there any recommandation for a cleaning company and also where do we buy a fake owl in Calgary?
you can buy the fake owls at crappy tire.
i have had major pigeon problems at my work, and we just covered the sign where they were living in chicken wire.
seemed to fix our problem, after being arrested for shooting them with a pellet gun

bignerd
05-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Or you can hang shiney, fluttery stuff up to scare them too. I have seen people hang old cd's, streamers etc... the movement makes them uncomfortable. The trick is to make someone else's balcony seem much more appealing than yours...

T-Dubbs
05-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by bignerd
The trick is to make someone else's balcony seem much more appealing than yours...
maybe load up your neighbours with seed..

Supa Dexta
05-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Try trimming the bush around your deck. It will make it appear bigger, and provide less coverage for those unwanted guests. Win win.

guessboi
05-26-2010, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by T-Dubbs

you can buy the fake owls at crappy tire.
i have had major pigeon problems at my work, and we just covered the sign where they were living in chicken wire.
seemed to fix our problem, after being arrested for shooting them with a pellet gun

Nice thanks. got the fake owl at crappy tire! now I just need to power wash the crap off.

e31
05-26-2010, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Try trimming the bush around your deck. It will make it appear bigger, and provide less coverage for those unwanted guests. Win win.
http://ants.planet.ee/trap/fry%20i%20see%20what%20you%20did%20there.jpg

bignerd
05-26-2010, 10:55 PM

Don't think he has bushes as he lives on the 18th floor.... as well pigeons prefer to roost on the highest building they can find as it makes a better look out.

Gorilla
05-28-2010, 02:47 PM
I got bird spikes..if you need some.. pm me

Seanith
05-28-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Gorilla
I got bird spikes..if you need some.. pm me

THIS is the only thing that worked for me. I had the same thing. A pigeon infestation that wouldn't go away. I tried all the other bs like fake owls and shiny streamers etc. This is the only thing that worked for me. Get some spikes and those bastards won't return.

LLLimit
05-28-2010, 10:04 PM
I had a pigeon build a freaking nest on my outside light on my balcony last spring/summer. I shoved it off just to have the mud base stick everything and sticks all over the place. They didn't come back all of last year.
Just last month I saw one flutter back in, to see them start another nest with some sticks. No mud yet. I cleaned up and put a good sized rock on the lamp/light. No problems since.
Living on 2nd of 6th floor btw.

inline6turbo
05-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by bignerd

Don't think he has bushes as he lives on the 18th floor.... as well pigeons prefer to roost on the highest building they can find as it makes a better look out.

You may have missed the joke :p

Neil4Speed
05-28-2010, 10:32 PM

Classic.