PDA

View Full Version : 300z

Slvshadow
12-12-2003, 05:54 AM
No matters how new you are, a warm welcome from one Z to another. If it were up to me there would be many more 300's as well modified one's on the road. Check out my webpage but don't forget to read about my all too many mods in current progress.

Slvshadow
12-12-2003, 06:05 AM
Is it me or sometimes it seems as though people do not think much of the 300z as being a quick and nice ride. Perhaps throughtout the years it has decreased so much in value from the original price, or maybe it has pasted it's years. Since i happen to own a Z myself, naturally i would perfer if our vechicle was given as much respect as our rival competitors the all famous Supra's and RX7's.

redec
12-12-2003, 08:01 AM
The member's rides section is for posting pictures of your ride only, so I've moved this thread here.....

the member's rides rules are located at: http://forums.beyond.ca/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=48

sandman
12-12-2003, 12:42 PM
well, welcome from one Z owner to another, :thumbsup:, wat mods hav u got done? year? site?

rc2002
12-12-2003, 12:46 PM
300zx is a sweet car. Very rare, but not so coveted anymore now that the new 350Z's are out. I know a lot of 300zx prices took a sky dive after the 350z was introduced.

redbaron303
12-12-2003, 02:02 PM
I have an older 300zxt, its fun, but I would imagine a TT would be even more fun :D

Oh well... ultimate goal of mine is to own a fully restoed 70's 240Z :D

sandman
12-12-2003, 03:05 PM
TTs are awesome :burnout: i love mine to death :love:

DeSi
12-12-2003, 03:08 PM
i want a TT

Slvshadow
12-12-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by sandman
well, welcome from one Z owner to another, :thumbsup:, wat mods hav u got done? year? site?

Slvshadow
12-12-2003, 03:48 PM

Well if you go to my webpage i have listed some of the mods as well as how it use to look, what the hech i will list them off again.

-Veilside CII Full kit excluding the spolier
-AeroFoil carbon spoiler
-Metal Sparco gas gas replacement ( Too much $ for a gas cap )
-Shave door handles, rear wiper, attena, and truck key lock.
-Lambo Doors ( Trying to rig remote lambo doors )
-Audio system complete upgrade with DVD
-3 maybe 5 lcd's not yet installed
-Custom computer system with wireless internet, tv, removeable harddrive and usb support
-Custom Fiberglass interior
-Custom NSx side vents
-Custom hood scoop
-Custom side marker lights
-Custom Supra targa roof
-Custom tail lights
-Color change in interior and exterior to Viper GTS blue
-Greddy Sway Bars
-Greddy Apexi Full computer system including turbo timer and air fuel mixture computer
-Colbolt blue AutoMeter gauges ( Too much $ for just gauges )
-Momo steering wheel, ebrake, petals and shift nob
-Brembo brake system
-Greddy intercooler
-VG 30DETT with twin TD04 turbos potential over 1000 hp output
-NX nose system
-HID yet to be decided?
-Radiator upgrade
-Upgraded Exhaust system
-Lambo side mirrors
-Interior LED lights and full undercarriage ligths
-Upgraded alarm system
-Upgraded fuel system
-Rims and rubber upgrade
-Color change hose kit

These are most of my mods, there are a few more that i have not listed as well some of the parts i have not purchased yet so i have not listed the brand name or type for that reason. As you can read i'm going for all show and all go which does not happen too often out there. All my mods should be completed no later than March. When she's out i will post my pics for all you car enthusiast to see. Drop me a line if there are any questions, take care now people.

DUBBED
12-12-2003, 03:52 PM
ahhh ive seen that one around quite a bit actually... didn't think it was modded that much... haha nice work :thumbsup:

Slvshadow
12-12-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by DUBBED
ahhh ive seen that one around quite a bit actually... didn't think it was modded that much... haha nice work :thumbsup:

When she was silver that was the second time i've done here up, gone through 2 engine and second transmission that i've gone through. This will be be 3rd engine now and boy will she fly. At the silver stage she was a single turbo vechicle with a few mods but nothing this crazy as the way i'm releasing her now. Sometimes i think god i've spent well well well over what she was worth brand new is it really worth it? Than i come to my senses and realize how much i love the sensation of cars. There beauty, styling, body lines, and sheer speed of acceleration. It's like a Mastercard commercial. Beauty $40,000, Styling $20,000, Body lines $20,000 the experience of sheer power and acceleration PRICELESS.

DUBBED
12-12-2003, 04:08 PM
any progress pics?

Slvshadow
12-12-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by DUBBED
any progress pics?

Not at this point, girlRacer has some of my pics of when she was gutted. I would rather show the pics all at once showing the various stages. Alot of people as well as many of my friends wish to see her. I kinda want it to be a surprise when i release her. Don't worry as soon as the exterior not even the interior is done i will post my pics up for all to see. Thanks for having so much interest in my beast. Always great to know others share the same passion as you do.

thich
12-12-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Slvshadow
Is it me or sometimes it seems as though people do not think much of the 300z as being a quick and nice ride. Perhaps throughtout the years it has decreased so much in value from the original price, or maybe it has pasted it's years. Since i happen to own a Z myself, naturally i would perfer if our vechicle was given as much respect as our rival competitors the all famous Supra's and RX7's.

I never really liked the 300ZX but that's a personal bias.
Just a heavy car, didn't handle too well and it didn't match up in terms of Nissan's other cars that they offered at the time.
In terms of competition, it never handled as well as the RX7 and never saw the same type of power that the Supra's could attain.
Still a good car though..:thumbsup:
Just not my cup of tea

Slvshadow
12-12-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by thich

I never really liked the 300ZX but that's a personal bias.
Just a heavy car, didn't handle too well and it didn't match up in terms of Nissan's other cars that they offered at the time.
In terms of competition, it never handled as well as the RX7 and never saw the same type of power that the Supra's could attain.
Still a good car though..:thumbsup:
Just not my cup of tea

No worries we all have our preferrences, perhaps when you see my vechicle in March you may like the Z a bit more. The Z is a bit heavy for stability and is very tough to work with in the very tightly cramped engine compartment, at last i still love this car. Thanks for your opion and take care.

Khyron
12-12-2003, 04:38 PM
I love the body lines of the 300. It was one of my dream cars back in the day. Mind you I'm not a huge fan of the the 240 or the rx7 styling. Shrug.

Khyron

thich
12-12-2003, 04:39 PM
i've seen some crazy stuff done with the 300 tho.
I remember some JDM company messing with an SR20 in the 300 and got it to go to 11sec with 600hp... so that was interesting.

Slvshadow
12-12-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by thich
i've seen some crazy stuff done with the 300 tho.
I remember some JDM company messing with an SR20 in the 300 and got it to go to 11sec with 600hp... so that was interesting.

You ain't seen nothing yet wait til my rides out, i'm hopeing to have 1000hp hopefully 800hp and up at the wheels. With this power and torque i should be able to achieve breaking the 10sec barrier.

redbaron303
12-12-2003, 04:58 PM
That's a heavy car to push that fast! If you do it! Totally :bigpimp:
That Black supra will have some competition...

rage2
12-12-2003, 05:07 PM
Not at this point, girlRacer has some of my pics of when she was gutted.
You gutted girlracer???? haha.

Welcome Vince.

buh_buh
12-12-2003, 05:28 PM
hate to break it to you, but those TD04's will run out of efficiency way before 800hp.
The 15g TD04's (which is the biggest TD04 made, not even the one in the Greddy kit) maximum hp rating is 580hp flywheel (for 2 of them). If you want to make big power, you should consider moving to TD05 good for 800hp and TD06's if you want to break 1000hp (no kit for TD06 though).

Slvshadow
12-12-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by rage2

You gutted girlracer???? haha.

Welcome Vince.

Is this .......? Thanks for welcoming me. She nagged me so long so i thought i may as well join up with guys

2000impreza
12-12-2003, 05:31 PM
no way the engine/tranny will hold anywhere near that much power either.

Slvshadow
12-12-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
hate to break it to you, but those TD04's will run out of efficiency way before 800hp.
The 15g TD04's (which is the biggest TD04 made, not even the one in the Greddy kit) maximum hp rating is 580hp flywheel (for 2 of them). If you want to make big power, you should consider moving to TD05 good for 800hp and TD06's if you want to break 1000hp (no kit for TD06 though).

I was told each td04 can produce up tp 580 per turbo. Man that sucks i will have to chat with a few friends about this, thanks for the heads up.

Slvshadow
12-12-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza
no way the engine/tranny will hold anywhere near that much power either.

I have a issue of Import Tuner where a guy in Houston got his up to 910hp, naturally a few mods will have to be made to the engine to accompany these upgrades.

Slvshadow
12-12-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by redbaron303
That's a heavy car to push that fast! If you do it! Totally :bigpimp:
That Black supra will have some competition...

I'm sure i know who your speaking of this is a friend of mine and he has a pretty impressive turbo let's say.

rage2
12-12-2003, 05:38 PM
Is this .......? Thanks for welcoming me. She nagged me so long so i thought i may as well join up with guys
Yes it is, and my name's censored here :).

Slvshadow
12-12-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Yes it is, and my name's censored here :).

I thought so, your car kinda gaved it away. Maybe since i'm on here i may even consider joining your crew of vechicles here. Let's just say a few girls asked me to join your guys a few times.

Ashkente
12-12-2003, 08:50 PM
If you're who I think you are, my friend works with you..:) I've seen your ride in the parking lot a few times.. nice! :D

Redlyne_mr2
12-12-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
Yah vince you might want to talk to whoever is supplying your turbos the td04s wont even come close to bringing you the power you want. You might want to look into a haltech setup or some other form of standalone. I dont believe the powere fc is made for the 300. Also if you want 1000hp say good buy to the stereo gear in the back youre going to need one huge fuel delivery system back there to supply that engine with what it needs. Youre friends with Mau? Talk to him he'll have the turbo for you..also why go twin turbo..swhy not go single:)

Bubba-G-
12-13-2003, 12:01 AM
Ya you can't go single that easily on a Z because it is a V-6 :rolleyes: Also I think you are fighting a uphill battle if you plan on making 1000hp, because our crank bearings aren't exactly gonna put up with prolonged use of anything past 450rwhp, our interals are also not exactly built to gom past 500rwhp for prolonged use. and I don't care what anyone else has to say about this I have extensively researched this.
Oh and if anyone is intrested in a nice Z drop me a line mine is for sale but I'm in no big hurry to sell it now because the mkiv I was going to buy, the deal fell threw :whipped: however it will be listed in the spring, good it is hard to sell a sports car in the winter :banghead:

Bubba

sandman
12-13-2003, 12:47 AM
really? cranks dont run well past 450? if u get pugraded internals, then will htey hold up better than 500 or no??
thanx

sandman
12-13-2003, 12:55 AM
HOLY SHIT :hitit: thas crazy, :hitit: :hitit: :hitit: i hafta see this!!! that sounds amazing!!! props man, thas nuts!! for speed i think ud b better off n safer maybe if u got forged pistons, as theyre the only part of motor not forged, rods n crank are, upgrade rods, some 555ccs, n ur golden :thumbsup: but again, mad props on ur car man!!

Well if you go to my webpage i have listed some of the mods as well as how it use to look, what the hech i will list them off again.

-AeroFoil carbon spoiler
-Custom computer system with wireless internet, tv, removeable harddrive and usb support
-Custom NSx side vents
-Custom hood scoop
-Custom Supra targa roof
-Custom tail lights
-Greddy Sway Bars
-Greddy Apexi Full computer system including turbo timer and air fuel mixture computer
-Brembo brake system
-Greddy intercooler
-NX nose system
-HID yet to be decided?
-Radiator upgrade
-Upgraded Exhaust system
-Lambo side mirrors
-Upgraded alarm system
-Upgraded fuel system
-Rims and rubber upgrade
-Color change hose kit

These are most of my mods, there are a few more that i have not listed as well some of the parts i have not purchased yet so i have not listed the brand name or type for that reason. As you can read i'm going for all show and all go which does not happen too often out there. All my mods should be completed no later than March. When she's out i will post my pics for all you car enthusiast to see. Drop me a line if there are any questions, take care now people.

rice_eater
12-13-2003, 02:28 AM

-AeroFoil carbon spoiler
-Custom NSx side vents
-Custom hood scoop
-Custom Supra targa roof
-Custom tail lights
-Greddy Sway Bars
-Brembo brake system
-Greddy intercooler
-NX nose system
-HID yet to be decided?
-Radiator upgrade
-Upgraded Exhaust system
-Lambo side mirrors
-Upgraded alarm system
-Upgraded fuel system
-Rims and rubber upgrade
-Color change hose kit

Doesn't this remind you of a supra owner who's car did 9s and some other crazy stories we've been seeing around lately :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Does it?:dunno:

Slvshadow
12-13-2003, 03:44 AM
HOLY SHIT :hitit: thas crazy, :hitit: :hitit: :hitit: i hafta see this!!! that sounds amazing!!! props man, thas nuts!! for speed i think ud b better off n safer maybe if u got forged pistons, as theyre the only part of motor not forged, rods n crank are, upgrade rods, some 555ccs, n ur golden :thumbsup: but again, mad props on ur car man!!

Thanks for the good words, sometimes i forget how many mods that i have. God i tell you parts do not come cheap these days.

Slvshadow
12-13-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by rice_eater

Doesn't this remind you of a supra owner who's car did 9s and some other crazy stories we've been seeing around lately :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Does it?:dunno:

Maybe so, this town has more than enough room for just a few more amazing rides.

Slvshadow
12-13-2003, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Yah vince you might want to talk to whoever is supplying your turbos the td04s wont even come close to bringing you the power you want. You might want to look into a haltech setup or some other form of standalone. I dont believe the powere fc is made for the 300. Also if you want 1000hp say good buy to the stereo gear in the back youre going to need one huge fuel delivery system back there to supply that engine with what it needs. Youre friends with Mau? Talk to him he'll have the turbo for you..also why go twin turbo..swhy not go single:)

I've spoken to more than a few people to scare me away from this really crazy conversion. All that i can really tell you is thta single is not a option on my vechicle. Man this sucks i already paod big bucks for these turbos guess i should do more research tham listen to a few friends of mine. I gotta admitt this really upsets me. Thanks to all you guys for letting me know, feedback works pretty well sometimes.