PDA

View Full Version : honestly weather piss off.....

lesreynolds
05-27-2010, 10:48 AM
I knew this was going to happen. Get bikes and constantly have the rain and miserable weather arrive and bite me in the ass. I always wonder if its worse to want a bike and wish you had one or just get one and have it sitting in your garage but you can't ride it due to the crappy mood of mother nature bending you over.

I'm sure I would pick the having a bike and looking at it but dammit I just want to get out and ride. Long weekend weather was pretty dismal and now get a Friday off and we are looking at monsoon season in Calgary. Oh well in the end I guess I can't really bitch since I do at last have my bike I just need a break with the weather to go out and enjoy it.

On the note of rain and cold, anyone here have their handle bars heated? If so how good does it work?

Also anyone use or have the Scala Rider G4? I was looking at grabbing the pair for me and my gf when we go riding and I have read some reviews here and there. I just wanted to know if anyone from Beyond had this unit and personal experience with it.

GQBalla
05-27-2010, 01:14 PM
im suppose to pick up my bike friday..............SIGH

Kuba83
05-27-2010, 01:28 PM
After doing a lot of research, I found the Sena SMH10 headset is much better. I recieved it in the mail last week and had a chance to try it out over the weekend and I couldn't be happier.

Here's the eBay link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DUAL-SENA-SMH10-Intercom-Motorcycle-Helmet-Bluetooth-/230465624115?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Bluetooth_Wireless_Products&hash=item35a8d25833

InRich
05-27-2010, 01:53 PM
the weather pissess you off? dude I have 5 roofs ripped right now... 50k worth of shit in the middle of a re-roof.

lesreynolds
05-27-2010, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by InRich
the weather pissess you off? dude I have 5 roofs ripped right now... 50k worth of shit in the middle of a re-roof.

Ack.........that is not good at all. Since its supposed to fricken rain all weekend and snow. Well let me re-phrase that its snowing now. Sorry to hear that :S

Kuba83:
Yah I was reading reviews of that unit also and I am torn between both of them since they are almost the same from what I have been watching on you tube and reading on the net.

japan_us
05-27-2010, 05:18 PM
A few days worth of rain is nothing. Wait until winter....then you'll know how bad it can be. :rofl:

foreverchina
05-27-2010, 09:14 PM
^ dude where were u?? we've been experiencing winter like every 2 weeks. and when the sun finally comes out we get hit with heavy rain and even MORE SNOW -.-

japan_us
05-27-2010, 10:06 PM
^Right here in Calgary, where I've been riding fairly consistently a few times each week, except on a couple of occasions. :dunno:

It's Calgary - the weather is supposed to be shitty at this time.

Zigo
05-28-2010, 12:25 AM
I'v ridden every day but yesterday, and probably for the next while :(..

...Going Grad camping tomorrow, I'm still going in the lake!

turbotrip
05-28-2010, 04:26 AM
dont let a little rain/cold stop you. when i first got a bike i was riding in -5 and flurries lol

Masked Bandit
05-28-2010, 07:21 AM
The more years I ride the more this Calgary weather pisses me off. Why don't I live in the Southern US where I could ride all year. Even the Okanogan would be better.

Oh ya, I forgot...I guess a guy has to make a living too. Sigh.

:(

codetrap
05-28-2010, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by lesreynolds

On the note of rain and cold, anyone here have their handle bars heated? If so how good does it work?

Its funny you should ask that. I just received my heated grip set that I ordered from the states. All reviews have it as a really good solution too.

I ordered it from Warm & Safe (http://www.warmnsafe.com/) . I was planning on starting it's install tonight, so I'll let you know how it feels.

turbotrip
05-28-2010, 02:59 PM
oh and for heated grips, you can get them from canadian tire for 19.99 ( i think they're meant for snowmobiles/atvs) and they work amazingly well

HHURICANE1
05-28-2010, 04:36 PM
It's funny, in Phoenix they barely ride in the winter even though the temps. are 20C +. The ones who do are all bundled up like it's 5C. I don't think I'd even have a car if I lived down there.

RiceMonkey
05-28-2010, 06:26 PM
:burnout:

Notorious1
05-29-2010, 04:23 PM
The heated grips are AMAZING I use mine 75% of the time i'm on the bike. The palm on my gloves are made from kangaroo leather which is really thin so my hands get cold real quick. I would probably get new, thicker gloves if I didn't have the heated grips; they make a world of difference.

codetrap
05-30-2010, 09:06 AM
I got the grips installed, with the heat troller switch built into it. And I have to say I'm pretty impressed right now. I ran it off the switched power so that it won't run down the battery, and it's pretty slick. Nice and warm too.

I used this as my guide for the wiring.. http://www.fjr1300.info/mods/heatedgrips.html and final configuration.

This isn't my photo, but mine looks pretty much identical except I only have one switch.

http://www.fjr1300.info/mods/images/Dualknobs.jpg

CHICHARITZHI
05-30-2010, 10:20 PM
now the summer begin !

lesreynolds
06-02-2010, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by codetrap
I got the grips installed, with the heat troller switch built into it. And I have to say I'm pretty impressed right now. I ran it off the switched power so that it won't run down the battery, and it's pretty slick. Nice and warm too.

I used this as my guide for the wiring.. http://www.fjr1300.info/mods/heatedgrips.html and final configuration.

This isn't my photo, but mine looks pretty much identical except I only have one switch.

http://www.fjr1300.info/mods/images/Dualknobs.jpg

Ah cool. Yah that setup looks nice and clean, glad to hear a good review about these. I might just have to pick a set up someday but as for now I'm just happy to see the sun out.

@CHICHARITZHI : Yes wooohooo let the sun shine and the heat come.

Now granted when it hits 30c and I am in leathers I will be begging for a breeze and coolness. But screw it if that's what I have to endure to ride then that's a small price to pay in my eyes.