PDA

View Full Version : Looking into getting in shape

derran.m
05-27-2010, 11:48 AM
OK so ... I'm a lazy bugger LOL ... I played slo-pitch for 2 years, did not join in this year ... feeling pretty lazy now ... and definitely getting out of shape

Looking for some help to guide me in the right direction for a program of some sorts that will work with me and my schedule... I want to bulk up a bit ... upper and lower body ... and also looking to strengthen cardiovascular - I'm an asthmatic smoker .... I know I'm a fucking idiot, I will admit that right off the bat

25 y/o male, 5'11" 160 lbs
I live in a small rural community, no gyms etc at easy access within my limitations - couple gyms in High River but not much after hours access
I work M-F 8-5 in an office job, and I work part-time delivering pizza Monday and Friday evenings.
I have a 3 year old son, so realistically I cannot handle doing anything until after he has gone to bed at night (9 PM)

Anyways, any thoughts/suggestions as to what I should do? Any routine/program that I can do that will fit my schedule and NOT cost me an arm and a leg?

wintonyk
05-27-2010, 11:56 AM
the ad right beside your post says something about this thing called p90x have you heard of it. Its cheap and you can do it at home whenever. Of course if you have looked at the forum at all you would notice entires threads on p90x

shynepho
05-27-2010, 12:13 PM
For starters, try finding something you like doing. Perhaps bike riding, basketball, hockey or whatever it is and just stick at it. Then slowly get more into it as in start weight lifting etc

Clever
05-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by wintonyk
the ad right beside your post says something about this thing called p90x have you heard of it. Its cheap and you can do it at home whenever. Of course if you have looked at the forum at all you would notice entires threads on p90x

Yeah I have 3 kids, so P90X works real well for me I do my workouts after the kids go to bed, visit the P90x thread, I'm no expert but if you have questions about it PM me.