PDA

View Full Version : hey buh buh

redline
05-31-2002, 10:47 AM
I know someone else that got your too big of tip ticket, and they made the cop show them the traffic act and and it was in there along with a couple of other gay muffler related laws.

I am not sure if you are going to be able to fight it. :thumbsdow

kenny
05-31-2002, 11:00 AM
Yeah, I looked up the Highway Traffic Act for Kevin and it was in there.

46(4) operate motor vehicle with enlarged exhaust
outlet on muffler.

It is supposed to be a $50 fine, but it is listed as $69 on his ticket... I guess they can charge whatever they want.

Here are some other ones...

Installing a bodykit = $50 fine :

62(2) install/alter on passenger car bumper of
different design/mounted in different manner
from original

Lowering car = $50 fine :

63(1) alter passenger car so as to alter required
ground clearance of bumper

Wanna know why cops who flick on their lights to go through intersections never use the siren? Thats right, $50 fine :

68 : use emergency vehicle siren when no emergency

bol
05-31-2002, 11:13 AM
if he goes down to the courts and talks to one of the prosecuters he'll get it reduced, but not voided.

del-lude
05-31-2002, 11:18 AM
I got one last year for $57 for too big of a tip too. Guess the fine has gone up.

Superesc
05-31-2002, 11:45 AM
Are you sure that's not Enlarging the STOCK Tip?? like altering the Original Stock Muffler (which is illegal)...?

Davan
05-31-2002, 12:06 PM
So many areas of the traffic act seem to have "grey" areas...

Originally posted by kenny
[B]

Installing a bodykit = $50 fine :

62(2) install/alter on passenger car bumper of
different design/mounted in different manner
from original

I read this as the actual bumper of the car, not the bumper cover. A body kit is a replacement bumper cover, you don't alter the actual structure of the bumper when installing a kit.

Originally posted by kenny
[B]

Lowering car = $50 fine :

63(1) alter passenger car so as to alter required
ground clearance of bumper

As long as you don't have a crazy crazy drop, you may still have the proper required ground clearance... do we actually know what the proper clearance is? Do most cops?

buh_buh
05-31-2002, 10:16 PM
yeah, thanks Redline and Kenny. I think I'm just going to pay the ticket, its not worth my time to go down there and fight it. And I have other tickets to worry about right now.:confused:

Rydog
06-02-2002, 05:46 PM
so what's the max diameter a tip can be?

speedracer
06-02-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Superesc
Are you sure that's not Enlarging the STOCK Tip?? like altering the Original Stock Muffler (which is illegal)...?
This is my understanding as well....:banghead:

WBB6
06-02-2002, 07:05 PM
I think that you can fight a "enlarged exhaust" ticket, because if the actual pipe size is not larger than you should be ok, cos most 99% of exhausts are only max 2.75"-3" piping diameter...but the tips are like 4"+

the tip is just for looks!

buh_buh
06-02-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by WBB6
I think that you can fight a "enlarged exhaust" ticket, because if the actual pipe size is not larger than you should be ok, cos most 99% of exhausts are only max 2.75"-3" piping diameter...but the tips are like 4"+

the tip is just for looks!
so since my piping diameter is only 2 1/4" that means I technically didn't do anything wrong except for change the muffler? Well the muffler tip IS like probably 1 foot diameter, haha.