PDA

View Full Version : Fence Posts

Choice
05-27-2010, 03:45 PM
We're mulling over doing our own fence, but will need some help digging the post holes and setting the posts. Any recommendations? And guess-timates how much per post hole?

Thanks mucho.:D

sxtasy
05-27-2010, 03:57 PM
Rent a gas powered auger and do them yourself. Pretty easy if your ground isn't too bad. Get some sono tubes and rent a mixer and fill them with concrete.

Z_Fan
05-27-2010, 10:17 PM
There's guys doing holes for $8 a hole with a bobcat and auger. Obviously super easy cuz you do fuck all except pay. :-) Depends on how many holes you have to do...

If renting an auger definitely get the kind that requires two guys. And remember you can't do up close to a house with those things. Can't get close while holding it, etc.

CALL BEFORE YOU DIG

hampstor
05-27-2010, 10:36 PM
:werd:

Call "alberta 1 call" before you / the contractor dig. You can also submit the request online too... they will come and mark the utilities out for you. The last thing you want is you/your contractor hitting any of your utilities. http://www.alberta1call.com/

saw a whole bunch of ads on kijiji for postholes. Is there easy access into your yard for a bobcat?

2Valve0
05-27-2010, 10:43 PM
I just got holes done last night for 10/hole, but they had to manually dig 7 holes which was a little more $. Holes are the biggest bitch to do on a fence(to me) everything else is pretty easy and not too labor intensive, so I'm lazy and will pay to have them dug.

dirtsniffer
05-27-2010, 11:55 PM
my parents just got some done for $8 a hole. pm me and ill call them to get the contact info.