PDA

View Full Version : anyone here ever order from New Enough.com?

r0g3r
05-29-2010, 12:54 AM
So I ordered a jacket and gloves from there...and I have this little tag thing from canada post.

For some reason there's a charge "due", of about 50$. I don't get what this is for?

have any of you experienced this? any idea if I can get out of paying? lol thanks

foreverchina
05-29-2010, 12:58 AM
duty fee

r0g3r
05-29-2010, 01:33 AM
is there anything Ican do to..not pay the fees?

shakalaka
05-29-2010, 03:58 AM
lol

That's the customs. You have to pay for them.

Kjonus
05-29-2010, 09:35 AM
Order from motorcyclesuperstore.com the duty is built into the shipping charge.....

codetrap
05-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Kjonus
Order from motorcyclesuperstore.com the duty is built into the shipping charge.....

He's still paying duty and the incomprehensibly randome UPS fees.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/111/MNGR/Shipping-Info.aspx

$39.99 + applicable duties/taxes – Shipment via UPS World Wide Saver only.
Total charges at checkout reflect the $39.99 shipping fee and applicable duties, taxes and/or brokerage fees for the specific item(s) ordered. Motorcycle Superstore does not ship tires or oversized items to Canadian addresses.

r0g3r
05-29-2010, 03:03 PM
sigh fuckin' customs oh well

ok thanks guys

Kloubek
05-29-2010, 03:08 PM
UPS blows. I buy a lot of stuff on Ebay, and I do my very best to ensure it does not come via UPS. If it does, I'm now used to pulling down my pants and leaning forward as soon as I see that brown truck.

Graham_A_M
05-29-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by r0g3r
is there anything Ican do to..not pay the fees?

Have item listed as a "gift". Most dont check, and you get away scott free.

EDIT: And yes, UPS fucking sucks. I wont buy from an Etailer if they only ship UPS... Its that bad. :banghead:

Kjonus
05-29-2010, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by codetrap

He's still paying duty and the incomprehensibly randome UPS fees.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/111/MNGR/Shipping-Info.aspx

$39.99 + applicable duties/taxes – Shipment via UPS World Wide Saver only.
Total charges at checkout reflect the $39.99 shipping fee and applicable duties, taxes and/or brokerage fees for the specific item(s) ordered. Motorcycle Superstore does not ship tires or oversized items to Canadian addresses.

Well I had ordered a bunch of stuff from motorcyclesuperstore....three boxes at my door and no extra charge just what I paid at their checkout, which included the shipping and duty.

codetrap
05-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Kjonus

Well I had ordered a bunch of stuff from motorcyclesuperstore....three boxes at my door and no extra charge just what I paid at their checkout, which included the shipping and duty.

I've had that happen from different places too, but it's totally random. I've taken to shipping stuff to my brother in law, and having him send it up as a gift.

Grogador
05-31-2010, 12:35 AM
UPS Ground gets dinged $35+ customs brokerage. Air/express service doesn't!

bjstare
05-31-2010, 11:59 AM
I won't buy if UPS is the only choice either. I usually only purchase if I get a product shipped by USPS (which you can do off newenough, you just have to select that option and wait a bit longer for shipping).

japan_us
05-31-2010, 12:25 PM
^ Same here. USPS has been pretty good to me. UPS, not so much.

I've had at least 10 separate parcels (motorcycle related) delivered to me, from the States, within the past couple months. All have been via USPS, and I only got dinged by customs once.

In fact, I placed another order last night, again going via USPS. I'm confident in their system. *knock on wood

HHURICANE1
05-31-2010, 02:23 PM
With USPS it's hit and miss. I've had a bunch of stuff shipped and once in a while you get dinged but more times than not there is no extra charge. Never remotely as much as UPS though.