PDA

View Full Version : Beyond CSI help needed : fatal workplace accident

blueToy
05-29-2010, 11:13 AM
Trying to find out more about a recent incident involving a Foreman being backed over by a grader 3-4 nights ago . All I know is that it happened somewhere near Rocky Mountain House , on a big job and it happened during a nightshift . I've tried looking at the online news publications , but it's either too recent a event or it's been kept under wraps .
Also checked the Occupational Health and ... site , but couldn't really find anything useful there either .

Anybody know of a site with recent up to date incidents ?
Anybody working up that way know anything about this ?

For the time being I'm not going to mention who this company is . I've worked with them in the past and I'm hoping it's nobody I know , although it saddens me to know that someone didn't and will never go home from their shift , and no one deserves that fate for work .
If someone on Beyond knows anything and prefers to PM me , thats fine , and if someone knows the victim , my condolences .

TIA ,

blueToy

Just found out a little more :

http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100528/edm_worksite_100528/20100528/?hub=EdmontonHome

Maybe somebody in the day Monday to Friday shift knows a little more ?

RIP to the 49 year old killed and condolences to all those involved .

bboybean
05-30-2010, 06:49 PM
I'm not certain it's the same person but my aunts brother was just killed in a workplace accident with a grater. I don't know if I ever even met him though.

blueToy
05-31-2010, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by bboybean
I'm not certain it's the same person but my aunts brother was just killed in a workplace accident with a grater. I don't know if I ever even met him though.

These accidents are somewhat rare , so if it happened last thursday there is a good chance it's the same person .

I used to work for the " trucking " company involved and have met a lot of the folks there . One of the best companies I've worked for so far , and I've been wondering if it was anybody I knew .
Again , my condolences to all involved .

BlueToy