PDA

View Full Version : Toys R Us

maestro_87
05-29-2010, 03:10 PM
I was reading on yahoo news that toys-r-us will be offering a $800m IPO in the coming days, weeks or months they say.. The company has been going through a rebound in profit and revenue this quarter, so the balance sheets look great. Is anyone here on beyond interested in this or been following this news closely? Any ideas or inputs on when they might go public?

broken_legs
05-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by maestro_87
I was reading on yahoo news that toys-r-us will be offering a $800m IPO in the coming days, weeks or months they say.. The company has been going through a rebound in profit and revenue this quarter, so the balance sheets look great. Is anyone here on beyond interested in this or been following this news closely? Any ideas or inputs on when they might go public?

Short it.

They are going public (again) because they need to pay off their debt, because they cannot get favourable credit terms privately.

At least thats my understanding...

Edit:

They have 5.2 billion in debt they want to pay off.

They gross 13.5 billion/year, but only net 300 million.

SilverRex
05-29-2010, 05:31 PM
i wouldnt think about it unless your just looking for a day trade. stocks other than natgas, I say wait until end of august

TomcoPDR
05-29-2010, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by broken_legs

They are going public (again)

Yea that's what I thought, thought they used to be listed on NYSE, under "TOY"

ExtraSlow
05-29-2010, 08:31 PM
IPO's are overrated anyways. To make real money on a company going public, you need to get in on "founders" or shares before the IPO.
Buying on the first trading day of any company is foolish.

Redlyne_mr2
05-30-2010, 12:36 AM
TRU could be so much more successful. Their marketing is terrible, their stores are always a mess and aren't a pleasure to shop in. For a toy store it really isn't a fun place.

TomcoPDR
05-30-2010, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
For a toy store it really isn't a fun place.

Is it true that the Macleod South store, that some chicks who work the grave yard stocking used to "put out" in the back room?
(disclaimer: was told to me by someone who used to work grave yard stocking shelves there... cuz behind every wall shelf, it's their entire warehouse, so tons of hiding spots)

997TT
05-30-2010, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Is it true that the Macleod South store, that some chicks who work the grave yard stocking used to "put out" in the back room?
(disclaimer: was told to me by someone who used to work grave yard stocking shelves there... cuz behind every wall shelf, it's their entire warehouse, so tons of hiding spots)

lol ...that would fkn be amazing. I was at the south store the other day ... not sure i saw anything worth tapping. Not sure what the quality of midnight stocking clerks would be.

1-Bar
05-30-2010, 09:04 AM

Originally posted by 997TT

lol ...that would fkn be amazing. I was at the south store the other day ... not sure i saw anything worth tapping. Not sure what the quality of midnight stocking clerks would be.

haha....I wonder how many other beyonders went to that store to scope the scene....

broken_legs
05-30-2010, 09:38 AM
Going there now...:burnout:

C4S
05-30-2010, 10:00 AM
Nice!

Toy R us is the ONLY place I go for shopping here ....

(well, beside costco, superstore, safeway etc etc .. )

:D

Xtrema
05-30-2010, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by 1-Bar
haha....I wonder how many other beyonders went to that store to scope the scene....

:rofl: "investing" just took on a whole new meaning. Then again, this is more of a deposit.....

ZorroAMG
05-30-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

:rofl: "investing" just took on a whole new meaning. Then again, this is more of a deposit.....

Actually a withdrawal first, then a deposit.

e36bmw///
05-30-2010, 01:51 PM
mmm

maestro_87
05-30-2010, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by broken_legs

Short it.

They are going public (again) because they need to pay off their debt, because they cannot get favourable credit terms privately.

At least thats my understanding...

Edit:

They have 5.2 billion in debt they want to pay off.

They gross 13.5 billion/year, but only net 300 million.

Yea they do have a high debt, but Ford also has a high debt and there stock price has gone up 15fold from 0.99cent to $14.57 a few months ago...

I am going to keep a close eye on this one..

maestro_87
05-30-2010, 02:02 PM

Yea that's what I thought, thought they used to be listed on NYSE, under "TOY"

Their new symbol will be TOYS