PDA

View Full Version : I need a Dermatologist!

b.mm.3wgirl
05-30-2010, 01:00 AM
Pretty much I'm in desperate look out for some sort of walk in clinic or any dermatologist who can diagnose me with whatever I have. I'm looking for somewhere in the NW or NE. Are there any that you would recommend or suggest that would be open on a Sunday?

Any suggestions would be welcomed, I do not feel comfortable enough to describe what's actually going on. Let's just say my health is going down hill and this has recently added on to my stress over it. Please help ! TIA.

Cos
05-30-2010, 01:05 AM
Many many moons ago I went to a guy in the market mall professional center. Maybe give them a call on Monday for a Sunday you are probably stuck to a walk in clinic or the hospital.

G/L

b.mm.3wgirl
05-30-2010, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Cos
Many many moons ago I went to a guy in the market mall professional center. Maybe give them a call on Monday for a Sunday you are probably stuck to a walk in clinic or the hospital.

G/L

I did do a google search earlier and found that place. I will give them a call tomorrow just to try my luck. Thanks!

SpeedIllusion
05-30-2010, 01:17 AM
That dermatologist office in the Market Mall professional center is far from a walk in. My friend had to book 6 months in advanced to get a mole removed. Booked in November '09 and got in this month.

Barlow
05-30-2010, 01:21 AM
someone has an STI....... JJ

I hope not!!!

broken_legs
05-30-2010, 10:31 AM
You need a referral from your family doctor to see a dermatologist.

expect 3-4 months minimum to get into to see one.

However, if you're crafty like me, once you get a referral you just call the docs office and explain that you work out of town and you are only in this week and they usually let you do a drop in - Just have to have a flexible schedule ;)

bigbadboss101
05-30-2010, 11:39 AM
My doctor booked me to see Dr. Adams at Market Mall. It was on an urgent basis so I got in after a week. Do a google and you can see some of the doctors have ratings from patients. You must see your GP first.

toyboy88
05-30-2010, 11:52 AM
Both my sister and friend have seen Dr.Remington, and have nothing but good experiences with them. Highly recommended, if I recall - they are one of the most popular/busy though, so not sure about procedure wait times (if applicable).

http://www.remington-laser.com/

Hope that helps. :)

l/l/rX
05-30-2010, 03:29 PM
There's Dr Adams and Dr Woolner at market mall professional building, but appointment is only by referral from another doctor.

edit: and once you get in with them once, you are considered one of their patients, soo anything in the future that requires their help you can just call the office and the assistants will get you in ASAP, sometimes same day if not next.

b.mm.3wgirl
05-30-2010, 10:44 PM
lol no STI's.

Forgot to mention that I do have a dermatologist but booking an appointment with him usual takes a month to two, just trying to find a quick alternative to get things solved so I don't have to worry anymore

Crymson
05-31-2010, 09:32 AM
Phone your dermatologist, and let them know that you're available for any cancelled appointments.

Everytime i've been referred to one, it's been a long wait - at least 6 weeks for an appointment. But being downtown, i let them know that i can make in if there is a cancellation and the longest i've waited is a few days.

dannie
05-31-2010, 01:01 PM
The above posters are correct. You have to have a referral to get in to see one.

However.... There is a Laser and Skin clinic in the south that employs 2 dermatologists. If you book in and pay for another treatment (ie: botox injection, laser hair removal etc) you will see the dermatologist before the service to ensure you are doing the right thing for you. So, during that portion of the consultation, you could ask for the advice on whatever your skin condition is and avoid having to wait for a referral.

http://www.laserclinics.com/

It's not in the north, but it would get you in fairly quick.

ExtraSlow
05-31-2010, 01:18 PM
derm dot ca is a dermatologist in the north that the same trick would probably work for. Dr K Alanen (sp).

Shlade
05-31-2010, 01:24 PM
Im a doctor, PM me if you need me to "take a look" at you.

In all seriousness tho, Call your family doctor or whoever you have to refer you to one!

smurfette
06-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Dr Mah Poy takes appointments without doctor's referral. He's located in downtown. Warning, he's not the friendliest doctor.

LLLimit
06-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by smurfette
Dr Mah Poy takes appointments without doctor's referral. He's located in downtown. Warning, he's not the friendliest doctor.

He's friendly with me.
He did a quick procedure with me at lunch time, and I asked if it'll affect my work in the afternoon. He said it'll effect me if I'm a stripper.:dunno:

BokCh0y
06-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Dr. Alan Behm is the Dermatologist i go to. He's good peoples and also does all that botox stuff too. I think appointments with him are fairly easy to get into as well.

sexualbanana
06-03-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by smurfette

Originally posted by LLLimit

He's friendly with me.
He did a quick procedure with me at lunch time, and I asked if it'll affect my work in the afternoon. He said it'll effect me if I'm a stripper.:dunno:

He's a bit of both. If he's not there specifically to see you (ie. just grabbing something from the room you're in), he will flat out ignore you. Once he actually does get around to seeing you though, he can be a little bit nicer depending on his mood.

HondaKid
06-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

He's a bit of both. If he's not there specifically to see you (ie. just grabbing something from the room you're in), he will flat out ignore you. Once he actually does get around to seeing you though, he can be a little bit nicer depending on his mood.

I guess we have found our Dermatologist Nazi.

"Um, excuse me, I - I think you forgot my privacy."
"Privacy, two dollars extra."
"Two dollars? But everyone in front of me got free privacy."
"You want privacy?"
"Yes, please."
"Three dollars!"
"What?"
"No derma-work for you!"

- George and the Dermatologist Nazi, in "The Dermatologist Nazi"

Crymson
06-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by BokCh0y
Dr. Alan Behm is the Dermatologist i go to. He's good peoples and also does all that botox stuff too. I think appointments with him are fairly easy to get into as well.

I've seen him once before as well. He's a decent dr.

BokCh0y
06-03-2010, 02:23 PM
He also used to drive an Lexus LS400 years ago and a few years back a Merc AMG C55. Silver. Not sure what he drives now, but he's a car guy alright.

dsr7723
06-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Japanese doc, really good, Dr. Ichichoda.

WrongWheelDrive
06-04-2010, 10:54 PM
First name: Ihav