PDA

View Full Version : What sub is this...

Team_Mclaren
12-12-2003, 09:35 PM
I just got a free sub..... it doesnt say anything the surface and at the bottom it says:

AL-Crank 12

then some number:

121690A 4 Ohm
6G

thats all ther is to it, the whole damn thing is black. search for a while on google couldn't find shit... anyone know what this is?

Primer_Drift
12-12-2003, 09:56 PM
Prolly a Crankenstien - aka the company that contracted the least expensive sweatshop to make their subs, so there is 100s of different versions. They usually had good kick to them, but the sound distortion was awful. Suitable for a 2 stage bandpass where all you hear is muffled anyways.

Weapon_R
12-12-2003, 09:59 PM
lol Crankensteins were crazy subs back in the day - they were also my first subwoofer and one of the best on the market when car audio development wasn't as popular.

Not sure if this one is a crankenstein, since I clearly remember mine being marked clearly with their logo.

Team_Mclaren
12-12-2003, 10:06 PM
is it Crankensteins?? my friend has a pair of 12s in his sunfire and they sounded pretty good!:D

Phat_Tercel_YO!
12-12-2003, 10:13 PM
That is definately a Crankenstein.
It is the Heaven and Earth series that came out right after USAcoustics bought them out.

Stick that sub in a 2.5 cubed box and tune it to about 35 Hz and it WILL get loud... with as little as 100 watts.

Stick it in a 3 cube box tuned to 40 with 400 watts and it'll start to hurt, but the sub won't last forever that way... but it was free, right? So..... when in Rome...