PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Help!!!

A_3
12-12-2003, 10:39 PM
O.k. here's the story, leaving my house tonight, going the speed limit, stopping at stop signs etc... come to lights to leave my neighborhood (Elbow Valley), look down high way 8 no cars as far the eye can see, slow down to 10km/h, and continue to turn right. You are legallely allowed to make a right hand turn at a red light as long as you stop but i didn't. Get onto highway begin to speed up cop pulls out behind me, i pull over thinking its a check stop cop informs me i ran the red light on my turn. I explain my story to him guy takes my liscence an reg. and comes back with a $287 3 demerit ticket for running a red light. First of all i'm stuck on idea's to fight this ticket, any idea's. Second off do i realize i blew a red light but does that constitute a full blown ticket for running a red light as opposed to more a coming to a rolling stop at a stop sign kind of ticket... i'm stuck any help would be much appreciated!

bart
12-12-2003, 10:57 PM
http://www.unknownorigin.com/pics/data/503/1owned31.jpg

ahah sorry to hear that. well i kinda got owned it my other post. :rofl:

i dont think thats considered running a red light! its a right turn, i bet you can get that reduced to something stupid. just tell them what happened.

also, i heard, there's a new law regarding pedestrians. say you're turning left at an intersection, but waiting for people to cross, well you know how everyone finishes their turn as soon as they have enough room to get by? well now you have to wait apparently until they're completely on the sidewalk, unless its like $1000 or something like that. ummmm... ok.

Weasel
12-12-2003, 11:00 PM
That's not a new law regarding pedestrians. It's always been that both their feet must be off the road before you proceed but with the new fine system it's jacked up to $500something dollars.
I'm sure if you go to the crown you can get that reduced to something but technically it is running a red light.

bart
12-12-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Weasel
That's not a new law regarding pedestrians. It's always been that both their feet must be off the road before you proceed but with the new fine system it's jacked up to $500something dollars.
I'm sure if you go to the crown you can get that reduced to something but technically it is running a red light.

hmm ok. just thought i would mention it, as i have never ever heard of anyone getting a ticket for this, i dont think even cops know about this, i think its stupid. thanks.

Weasel
12-12-2003, 11:10 PM
I agree it's a stupid law, try doing that downtown or on 17th Ave at any time of the day and cars would never be able to move. But with the new fines out on that the cops are actually enforcing it nowadays.

itsalebaron
12-12-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by bart

hmm ok. just thought i would mention it, as i have never ever heard of anyone getting a ticket for this, i dont think even cops know about this, i think its stupid. thanks.

And because you think it's stupid and never heard of it means it doesn't exist?:dunno:

I heard about that on the news when everyone was getting mowed down in the cross walks. You have to wait till they are clear of the road before you can proceed, even if they walk through your half of the road first. Theres probably hundreds of laws that you think are stupid and don't know about.

bart
12-12-2003, 11:42 PM
ya, i know there are laws for the stupidest things, just that i never knew this was one of them, especially since "everyone" is breaking it supposedly.

sxtasy
12-12-2003, 11:48 PM
You could probably get the demerits taken off, try PMing Weapon R or contacting POINTS.:dunno:

ryder_23
12-13-2003, 12:45 AM
^
I think weapon r only deals with cps situations, this happend with rcmp, not sure. rcmp are faily good with eliminating, or reducing demeritts to begin with....

Good luck with the ticket alex

A_3
12-13-2003, 12:46 AM
thanks for the help guys!!!

eblend
03-23-2004, 01:25 AM
how did that work out? going to plead not guilty for the same thing tommorow, and set my court date, tell me how it worked out for you and what u told them

for me it was at 11pm foggy day right by the science center..stupid undercover cop

ryder_23
03-23-2004, 01:30 AM
^
stupid red light runner :D

but madd props for using the Search button

eblend
03-23-2004, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by ryder_23
^
stupid red light runner :D

but madd props for using the Search button

nah not stupid, it was dark at late febuary...like 26th i believe...and ofcourse...means cops give tickets for everything....i was trying to make it thought..never went over speed limit, just going about 50 and tried to slow down, knew i wouldn't make it without some hardcore braking and so i just went..and undercover cop facing OPOSITE direction from me pulled me over...total bs. i made it thought the yellow, but he didn't even let me say a word..took my license and reg and next thing i know is a 300 dollar ticket

dogmaiwli
03-26-2004, 11:00 AM
If it was yellow when you entered the intersection then you shouldn't have a ticket, the only problem is proving it, and Your word against a cop, the cop almost always wins.

A_3
03-28-2004, 04:10 PM
Yeah, at least you're with the cps unlike mine, just do all the things i told ya to do in the pm's and you should be able to swing some sort of deal with the judge. Good luck:thumbsup: